• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Anti-cheat

played RO back in the UT days... i own RO1
id like to say thank you for this its a very big step, a first among game dev.s
thank you

can PB and VAC work at the same time on the same sevr?
can a steam version get in a stage 3 punkbuster server ??

also i need more info on firefight game mode before i buy ... im a tdm guy

again thank you for PB and VAC .. its a very big deal
:salute:

Upvote 0
Great to hear about the addition of PB's active cheat scanning software being implemented. While PB is by no means flawless, and a pain the *** sometimes for legit players, I still prefer it to VACs silent approach. "Lets catch cheaters but let them play among legit players for months on end with the same hack".

Will be great to see RO finally get the cheat protection it deserves. VAC wasn't even enabled in RO1 from what I could tell.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this version of Punkbuster will be decent. No issues with it in BFBC2 but I have issues with it in BF2 and Crysis Wars. For whatever reason I have a PB process running in the background. I will figure out what it is and disable it. I really would hope that it is not needed to run 24/7 on your system in order to work for RO2. I strongly disapprove of extra processes running in the background.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully this version of Punkbuster will be decent. No issues with it in BFBC2 but I have issues with it in BF2 and Crysis Wars. For whatever reason I have a PB process running in the background. I will figure out what it is and disable it. I really would hope that it is not needed to run 24/7 on your system in order to work for RO2. I strongly disapprove of extra processes running in the background.

PB has 2 services are running the background at all times: PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB. Typically if you get issues with stupid kick messages such as "Packet loss" or "Service commnunication failures" you can restart the services and connect to a server. I have these issues with PB all the time America's Army 3. It sucks having legit players suffer while cheaters seem to have no issues with it, but it does narrow the cheating population down to only skilled programmers witch is great. Without an active cheat protection(that actually kicks a player out of the server when detected) anybody could just throw together a simple D3D wallhack and with no programming knowlede at all. I am willing to have PB running to prevent that, especially in a game like RO.

Upvote 0