• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date

Wow what awesome news! THANKS Tripwire. And very reasonable on the price, so double-thanks. I'd have thought 49.99, especially with all the after-release support you guys are known for.

Hopefully there will be a option to pre-purchase on Steam, I want in ASAP.

Any news about a more open beta? Like the second stage beta? Or is that just scrapped and we'll get it August 30th? No matter, I'm PUMPED.

Upvote 0
So, a game with a ton of content, dedication to both the game and fans; lasting support, and most likely free DLC for $40?

I suppose if I was the owner of specific companies (EA, Activision) I would charge $60 for this game, $5 per realistic feature, (because we can't just have that in the game already for free, right?) $15 for day 1 DLC that could of already been on the disc, and DLC later on for $15 each.

Yeah, you guys are nuts! Minimum $80 sounds about right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
originally posted by colt .45 killer
only 40 smackaroos? Twi if you were a coke dealer you would probably sell that at a fair rate too...:mad: :d:d

out of curiosity is there some collectors edition for those of us who want to throw more $$ at you guys? ( somone add the "take my money" jpg please)
it is something we are looking into :)

The coke dealing, or the collectors edition ?:p

Anyways, nice to finally have a solid date.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - coming to you via Steam and other digital distribution sites, plus stores across the world, 30th August 2011. MSRP $39.99 for the USA, with prices for other territories set to appropriate pricing for those territories.

You waited this long - now you know how much longer there is left to wait!

I'm guessing this means it'll be $89.95 for Australia :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Only $40? Why? I like it, I just hope not too many people see it and think " Ahhh.... its a lower quality, budget project, pass"

Granted, it IS a lower budget project (compared to BF3, COD ,etc), but the quality is AAA. Cannot wait for the media roll out. Waiting to spread the Gospel to other sites, call in to podcasts, etc etc

I was really hoping to hear that Red Orchestra 3 : Heroes of the Modern Stalingrad War was in production, but I guess this is almost as good...
:D

Upvote 0