• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer on Barrel Changes - and Heroes

Following on from sitting down with us at GDC, PC Gamer's Evan Lahti has popped up another preview piece on RO2 - head on over to PCGamer.com to take a look: click HERE!

And, a little earlier, Ryan Stevens at GameTrailers also added more video material on all the updates since they last saw the game. In two parts - both available by clicking HERE!

Remember we are offering several modes of play. Ranked, unranked, realism and relaxed realism, with players and server admins being able to choose what they want and how they want to play. And any changes we make to behavior will be minor and tested heavily during the beta.

Upvote 0
yeah i dont like this at all

I don't understand the seemingly seething hatred of this. The more you use a weapon in real life, the more proficient at using it you become. So long as they don't make it to where your ability with a weapon is "god-like", and just a minor increase in stats such as reloading time, aiming, etc., it's fine.

My question is, will TW be hosting servers on launch? I'm afraid the majority of servers will be full-on realism, I'd like to see a relaxed-realism server or two for people new to the game, so they don't get scared off.

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
I don't understand the seemingly seething hatred of this. The more you use a weapon in real life, the more proficient at using it you become.
And the more you use a gun in the game, the more proficient at using it you become in the game, even without the extra artificial character skill progression, as long as the game has a good and in-depth learning curve.

It's perfectly understandable why some people don't like it.

Personally, I don't mind it on public servers and since for competitive play it will be turned off anyway, I see no problems at all.

Upvote 0
This game looks and sound to good to be true, i mean the thoughts of an old fashioned lan party alone got me so pumped up. the last good lan game with 64 players was (besides ro 1 and yeah i know ro 1 was like 50 players noch 64) was battefield 2 and that was at the end of 2004 i gues?

that alone is an pre order worthy thing, than the mods / modding support and last but not least the awesome game itself.... i realy cant wait for this i mean i plan to break up with my gilfriend when this is out so i have time or maybe even bride the yosh :D

Upvote 0
And the more you use a gun in the game, the more proficient at using it you become in the game, even without the extra artificial character skill progression, as long as the game has a good and in-depth learning curve.

It's perfectly understandable why some people don't like it.

Personally, I don't mind it on public servers and since for competitive play it will be turned off anyway, I see no problems at all.

maybe the entry level is not good and you basically just get an increase akin to what a normal person would get from practicing use of their weapon

Upvote 0
And the more you use a gun in the game, the more proficient at using it you become in the game, even without the extra artificial character skill progression.......

or in other words the advantage is effectively doubled - or at least exaggarated - for which a main worry in my eyes would be ppl joining the game late and facing a greater disadvantage.
This might put them off when really you want to encourage them to stick around with a game that already may have a steep learning curve.
Yeah you have these different gamemodes, stats on/off realism/relaxed and all that but some way down the road who's to say what is generally played and what isn't?

Sure wait and see - but i'm just saying why this kinda thing concerns me somewhat.

Upvote 0