• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Jan Issue Cover: "Why RO2 will beat CoD:BlOps"

BF3 will be officialy undercovered on 1st March, so probably RO will have to compete with it , not with COD
not if they release RO2 earlier,on the other note they both are battlefield games but RO2 is different type of FPS BF game.

So pretty much each game fights for its own turf,and they are both on totally different turfs,I dont see any other BF RL FPS game out to be released this year except for RO2.

Upvote 0
sounds almost perfect except why use Steam on a PC only game?(greed)
I know steam pays devs more than any, but us old dogs hate it and it's facebook like community of whippersnapper's.

generally it's better to have a larger, more accessable game. Steam may not cater to all, but it is easy to use; TWI allowing more people to play ROHoS isn't greed, its just opening the market. I mean, I suppose you could call that greed, but that's like saying "How dare you want to sell copies?!"

In any case, ROOst was with steam when steam was a whippersnapper, so steam is nothing new to RO

Upvote 0
sounds almost perfect except why use Steam on a PC only game?(greed)
I know steam pays devs more than any, but us old dogs hate it and it's facebook like community of whippersnapper's.

Red Orchestra was one of (or) the first non-valve title(s) to be released via steam, and being on steam has done nothing but good for RO and TWI.

Upvote 0
agreed 100%

I might disagree on one point.

If the official launch date is as buggy as the beta.

PWNED!

I've been through the first RO, their MODs such as Darkest Hour.

Hell, I even have killing floor!

All were great.

My only concern coming from a RO vet is that these technical issues persists.

That will be totally be unbecoming of Tripwire.

To the creators of this game, Chin up dudes.

Its a great game. ****ing fix it and optimize it on final release...and all will be dandy.

Reactions: Combaticus
Upvote 0
yeah right the thing about activision is at least they get rid of bugs... its a buggy POS. My game crashes constantly, my server Browser does not work, and sometimes i get no sound. Love the game but mad as hell :mad: that TRIPWIRE is incompetent here. I even tested it out with the two new updates that just came out (and one today). I went to steam support and did exactly what they said to do. I even reinstalled win7, to clear everything out still no fixes on these bugs. TRIPWIRE needs to makes sure there game can actually work before they release something this disgraceful. I recommend nobody buys Red orchestra 2. :IS2: you can't fix all your mess ups in two weeks after release than someone needs to be fired. uh

Upvote 0
yeah right the thing about activision is at least they get rid of bugs... its a buggy POS. My game crashes constantly, my server Browser does not work, and sometimes i get no sound. Love the game but mad as hell :mad: that TRIPWIRE is incompetent here. I even tested it out with the two new updates that just came out (and one today). I went to steam support and did exactly what they said to do. I even reinstalled win7, to clear everything out still no fixes on these bugs. TRIPWIRE needs to makes sure there game can actually work before they release something this disgraceful. I recommend nobody buys Red orchestra 2. :IS2: you can't fix all your mess ups in two weeks after release than someone needs to be fired. uh

Calling tripwire incompetent is a big statement! Hope you have an advanced knowledge or Computer programming, processing and engineering to back up your statements. Cause **** ain't so easy when your programming it.

Upvote 0