• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Jan Issue Cover: "Why RO2 will beat CoD:BlOps"

I trully hope that we will have BETA to test it out for some bugs in Q1,and if game is mostly bug free we may get the full release of the game by Q2,but thats just a wishfull thinking....:(

I don't think the beta will be a bug test. It will be mostly about testing the servers with full capacity, the ranking system, the stuff for the competitive community... you know, see how the game behaves and what it needs in a more open and wild environment.

Upvote 0
My two cents.

My two cents.

To start. When are the beta sign ups? I'd love to be a tester. Anyway.

I've been playing RO since the day it was released as a MOD for UT. I even have a picture on my site of my first kill with a sniper rifle while playing the MOD, what a great find.

I got my start playing FPS back in the UT days playing on my 3DFX card which came with that as the free game, of course the futuristic stuff was fun but not what I was looking for, then came the Rainbow Six series, MOH, then OFP and the BF series.

While all the games had their greatness's BF 1942 and Vietnam were my most favorite of all games at the time, they still lacked the true realism I was looking for.

I've always been a huge WWII FPS player more so than any other, only because of the simplicity of the weaponry and none of this fire and forget crap. Modern warfare games simply suck and as BF2 arrived it simply went the way of the dodo bird for me. I've owned practically every FPS from the late 90's till now. I'm with most of those who play here as you might say (OLD) I'm 43, so I've seen many a game come and go and some where I played for no more than 10 or so rounds to find myself only returning back to RO/DH.

There have ONLY ever been two really great WWII FPS that had the realism and skill needed to become really good at and those two games are Hidden and Dangerous II and of course our beloved RO. If you haven't tried HD2 - you may be surprised how much it and RO have in common. Of course due to lack of sales or servers etc. HD2 has since died off and become a dust collector like the other 100's of FPS games I still have laying around.

All I can say is RO2 can not come out soon enough and I know that TWI will do us proud. Thanks to DH (CLOWNS Darkest Hour Playhouse) and some custom servers {Snipe} and RO (TWB "Old Glory" and the two TWB EU servers) RO itself will still lives on and will till the day RO2 arrives.

It's hard to believe how many new people have been signing on lately to many of the servers that are still active which shows that RO is still going strong and that maybe some of the console fanboys are realizing that what they've truly been playing has been JUNK. They are now truly seeing where the skilled, mature, and team based players have long been. It's a complete shame that it has taken them so long to find one of the greatest games that's practically always been there.

No fears, RO2 is going to be a huge success and as the title was it will truly beat COD:BO in so many ways. Our biggest player base is OLD and HUGE and will only continue to grow as some of our youngsters move over from console to computers in the coming months and for those who have already joined us. See you all on the battlefield and may you be one of my many bullet magnets... :D:D:D

Upvote 0
It's hard to believe how many new people have been signing on lately to many of the servers that are still active which shows that RO is still going strong and that maybe some of the console fanboys are realizing that what they've truly been playing has been JUNK. They are now truly seeing where the skilled, mature, and team based players have long been. It's a complete shame that it has taken them so long to find one of the greatest games that's practically always been there.

I'm afraid the majority of CoD or any "arcade modern warfare" console gamers don't give a jack about realistic WW2 related PC exclusives. Believe me, I've seen lots of people saying how modern warfare games are much better due to automatic weapons and high-tech equipment.

BF Vietnam was a fun game back then and I love the soundtrack. In Country: Vietnam mod for RO2 should offer even more, even though there's no possibility to implement music for vehicle radios thanks to copyright issues.

Upvote 0
In Country: Vietnam mod for RO2 should offer even more, even though there's no possibility to implement music for vehicle radios thanks to copyright issues.

They could make the music themselves, like the Vietcong developers did.

YouTube - Vietcong music( Pseudo Hendrix )

Still sounds very much Vietnam'y.

Although I do believe a song by The Animals is played in the ICV teaser.

Upvote 0
it doesn't take much to beat black ops, gameplay wise, or graphically for that matter(cod midget models). so beating them in all those areas isn't really a victory...and plenty of games have done it already.

the only significant victory to be had over something like cod would be in popularity and sales, and that's simply not going to happen. most people prefer mind numbingly simple run and gun fests like call of duty and battlefield. and from what i understand sometimes even realism fans dabble in that nonsense, which is a shame because you're giving them money and supporting more of the same.

so i guess i'm not really certain what the point of the article is. i guess it serves to raise awareness for the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it doesn't take much to beat black ops, gameplay wise, or graphically for that matter(cod midget models). so beating them in all those areas isn't really a victory...and plenty of games have done it already.

the only significant victory to be had over something like cod would be in popularity and sales, and that's simply not going to happen. most people prefer mind numbingly simple run and gun fests like call of duty and battlefield. and from what i understand sometimes even realism fans dabble in that nonsense, which is a shame because you're giving them money and supporting more of the same.

so i guess i'm not really certain what the point of the article is. i guess it serves to raise awareness for the game.

The whole purpose of the article is to market the game to an even wider audience who would never have heard of it before. How many hundreds of thousands ( cross your fingers for millions ) of people read that front page and said "what,... whats this red some-at game here"

Upvote 0
Cannot wait...

Cannot wait...

Of course RO2 will beat COD. RO1 still beats the current COD title in everything but the graphics. When will RO2 be released? I need a new PC and good to know that many of you will be there on the servers with me. I recognize many of your nicks...good to see you JCoquillon...you were one of my most feared enemy with your Russian semi-automatic but also one of the most capable allies!

See you on the battlefield

Edgar

Upvote 0
I just read the article, thanks to my mate in the states who bought me the mag and scanned the article in advance.

Wow TW, i am really astonished of the detail you gave the tanks (not that i haven't expected that from you guys ;) ) Also the "other" detail, (i dont want to spoil anything to the others) which is mentinoed in the article blew me away.

I really got excited while reading, it felt like watching a thriller in its highest peak.

Cant wait for RO2!

cheers!

Upvote 0