• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive President to Appear on CROSSHAIRS Webcast

Hmm Tankcrew is starting in a tank - but what is if your tank get an critical hit? maybe the engine, tracks or the turret is heavy damaged.
Is it possible to leave the tank and fight as an infantry-man than? Or haven`t tankers have any chance to leave the tank, so that they start and die in there tank all the time?

What`s about this "squad stick together system" how it works? Can friends start near there other friends on the map? Or how it will work that i can play with my friends together in a little battlegroup?

Upvote 0
Hmm Tankcrew is starting in a tank - but what is if your tank get an critical hit? maybe the engine, tracks or the turret is heavy damaged.
Is it possible to leave the tank and fight as an infantry-man than? Or haven`t tankers have any chance to leave the tank, so that they start and die in there tank all the time?

What`s about this "squad stick together system" how it works? Can friends start near there other friends on the map? Or how it will work that i can play with my friends together in a little battlegroup?

Tankers cannot leave their tank as tankers without a tank running on the battlefield are quite useless. However when tracks or the engine gets hit you can opt to undeploy your tank.

As logically you cannot expect people to wait for a few hours for a towing vehicle to appear and bring you back in for repairs. Or expect the player to take 30 minutes to repair a track.

Upvote 0
Yikes, I don't think I like the idea of a perk that changes suppression and handling of a weapon.

There's 2 things to keep in mind there:

1) Each team can only have 1 hero, so it's not like everyone will be running around with "perks" like in the CoD franchise.

2) The hero is also a gameplay mechanic, he boosts the morale of his team, so they can capture objectives faster and the like, but this is also like painting a bullseye on the guys face, killing him will be a big bonus for the enemy team, so he'll have to put thouse hero skillz to good use to stay alive and help his team.

That's my understanding of the system atleast, and if that's correct, then it's really not an intrusive or immersion breaking gameplay feature (it stands to reason that a hardened veteran would do better than a rookie), and it's not going to degrade into silly player upgrades beeing used all over the place either.

Upvote 0
It seems they might have simplified the damage too much.

I loved having weapons shot out-of hands and having the ability to disarm my opponent.

I loved the 5 second limp.

I understand bandages are kind of replacement of this...but why do-away with other awesome features that made combat always a new experience were you had to adapt to survive.

We should have it all :)

Upvote 0
It seems they might have simplified the damage too much.

I loved having weapons shot out-of hands and having the ability to disarm my opponent.

I loved the 5 second limp.

I understand bandages are kind of replacement of this...but why do-away with other awesome features that made combat always a new experience were you had to adapt to survive.

We should have it all :)

Where did they say they did away with it all, didn't they give more depth perhaps to damage. By having things such as slow deaths. And perhaps limping indefinitely until you bandage.

You can now hit someone in the liver and get a different result from shooting someone in the heart or lung.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0