• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive President to Appear on CROSSHAIRS Webcast

why should a more veteran soldier suffer more from the suppression?

In my opinion:

First I did not distinguish from a green or a veteran soldier, and I imagine a veteran would suffer less than a new recruit. However, fps's with some sort of suppression feel more "real" than games without it or with very little suppression. It really helps with the immersion. Otherwise, it just feels like I am going thru the motions.

Upvote 0
Missed the webcast... :(

Those points sound decent, but...

did you say "less suppression effects?" Personally I am hoping for more. I will wait till I hear more clarification.

To clarify, everything under ranking system perks are the ranking system perks. So when you rank up, you get less suppression effects and can control recoil more, etc.

Upvote 0
The ranking system locking classes and content is the only thing keeping me from preordering RO2. If you don't play a obscene amount of hours you get left out in the cold. Makes games feel like work instead of fun. I wish developers would stop using busy work schemes to extend gameplay hours.

The ranking system isn't to lock out fun. It is there so less experienced players don't grab more advanced classes they don't understand how to best make use of. Players who do extremely well in a game will get a boost in their rankings giving them a fair chance at more advanced rolls.

Upvote 0
The ranking system locking classes and content is the only thing keeping me from preordering RO2. If you don't play a obscene amount of hours you get left out in the cold. Makes games feel like work instead of fun. I wish developers would stop using busy work schemes to extend gameplay hours.

1- They didn't mention the amount of hours it would take.

2- As a newbie, you should are only locked for the advanced classes... are they necessary to enjoy the game? Haven't you been able to kick *** as a Rifleman or an Assault in the original RO? Or you really needed to be commander to do that?

Upvote 0
Better recoil control as a perk/high level bonus ? I hope all that can be easily turned off by a server option, otherwise we'll need a ****load of mutators for competetive play. And tbh, dont even like the sound of those type perks, no matter public or clanplay.

I feel your pain. That's totally awkward. You gain bonus if you play longer/better, this bonus is directly affecting your playstyle and some of the most important REAL circumstances in war... SUPRESSIVE FIRE and RECOIL? I don't like it!

Upvote 0
The ranking system isn't to lock out fun. It is there so less experienced players don't grab more advanced classes they don't understand how to best make use of. Players who do extremely well in a game will get a boost in their rankings giving them a fair chance at more advanced rolls.

That part, I really like.

Less recoil and suppression effects when ranking up - I don't.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I feel your pain. That's totally awkward. You gain bonus if you play longer/better, this bonus is directly affecting your playstyle and some of the most important REAL circumstances in war... SUPRESSIVE FIRE and RECOIL? I don't like it!
well we don't even know by how much supresion or recoil is going to change.I doubt it's going to be something like there is no recoil at all.I understand their thinking behind this.If you new recruit you don't know how to handle your gun properly so more recoil and you more likely to get suppressed.When you seasoned veteran you are master of your weapon thus less recoil and you been in combat long enough not to get suppressed by few shots.

Upvote 0
Does this have the extra 45 minutes?

The present one doesn't have the extra minutes. In a few days, probably tomorrow or in a couple of days, the edited version will be posted and maybe either ibleed will add the extra minutes to the edited version or he'll make a separate, follow-up cast to go with it.

The one online now does have the IRC log, which has a few questions and answers in it as well, I believe, since Yoshiro was there answering some questions.

Upvote 0
well we don't even know by how much supresion or recoil is going to change.I doubt it's going to be something like there is no recoil at all.I understand their thinking behind this.If you new recruit you don't know how to handle your gun properly so more recoil and you more likely to get suppressed.When you seasoned veteran you are master of your weapon thus less recoil and you been in combat long enough not to get suppressed by few shots.

I get the less supression effect when you're experienced soldier, that makes sense, as an experienced veteran your "used to" being under fire, whereas it might be a shock to a new recruit. BUT weapon handeling is one of the first things a soldier is taught, and it isn't exactly rocket science, so there shouldnt be any recoil reduction for higher classes.

When i was doing my time on the finnish army, we had numerous firing range sessions on the 2 month basic training time, and i'd say after those sessions, i knew my weapon in and out, and how it handled when fired, so it doesn't really take a experienced soldier to know how to control recoil.

Upvote 0