• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire on PC Gamer Podcast 241

We had the opportunity to jump on the PC Gamer podcast this week, firstly to return fire on some of this week's statements about the death of PC gaming and the lack of good first-person shooters - and then to talk a little more about Tripwire, about RO2 and Killing Floor and about publishing other titles, including The Ball and Dwarfs.

The podcast is online here: [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/24/pc-gamer-us-podcast-241-%e2%80%93-safeties-off/"][URL]http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/24/pc-gamer-us-podcast-241-%e2%80%93-safeties-off/[/URL][/URL] - go and have a listen, throw in a bunch of comments. Let PC Gamer see how much you want to hear about us!!

The IS-2 lives!!! :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Edit: Lol at Cello case :D

Edit #2: Things I heard (most are repeats, but most have deeper details):

- Iron sight use with scope (Idea came from Deer hunting :p )
- First person cover
=== peek, move along cover, blind fire, step around edges of walls.
=== Hundreds of animations had to be created.
=== To peek and aim, click iron sights button. Click again to pop back into cover.
- Bullet penetration system:
=== Different penetration values for different materials.
=== Some cover can be destroyed from things like explosions.
- Choose spawns
=== Choose one closer to battle instead of running, but closer to enemies.
=== Choose one near the squad leader (not like BC2), out of sight of enemies
- Bullet drop over distance.
=== Dial in ranges
- No manual loading of shells for tanks
- Light tanks and troop transports
- Multiplayer Campaign mode
=== Not a game type.
=== It's a single battle that lasts hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Amazing interview! This is awesome coverage for you guys -- PC gamer is a powerful ally, and they're clearly hyped about this game.

It's great to know that they came to YOU GUYS when Activision and Microsoft made those retarded and arrogant comments. Isn't that awesome?

It's also great to hear you both talk about your dedication to making great games and to your community. But, just so you know, if you guys ever go to the dark side we will have this audio as blackmail! jk... but seriously.

Oh and the IS2 GREATEST TANK OF ALL TIME references were clearly a total loss on the PC gamer guys but I was laughing my *** off!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great podcast, really enjoyed it and nice background informations :)

I've just got one question (beside the ask of the release date ^^) will there be a different version for us germans? or will it be the same version worldwide?

since I, with my 23 years of age, dont want again (like RO:Ostfront) a lesser gore version. :/

thx! and keep up the PR stuff :D

Upvote 0
Listen to the podcast.

It is stated in a kind of confusing way there though.

As it means like with RO nobody can play the reloader class. It doesn't mean that for instance a player cannot optionally press a button before the automatic reload begins so someone can change shell type after a shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally listened to the podcast, and I loved this line from John describing the intensity of trying to hold onto the last Stalingrad territory in a office play-through of the campaign they experienced:

We must hold this territory!!! :D

Stalin's order Not one step back! immediately came to mind.

The discussion about the paradigm shift in feature-sets was good too, but I feel the conversation about this actually started when John was speaking about the game's hoped for accessability. The game is being positioned in gameplay versus accessabilty between COD & ARMA as mentioned. I welcome their openess about this, and their marketing shrewdness.

Upvote 0