• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Video From The Front Lines

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Our good friends at Game Trailers came by to see us again at PAX. This time they recorded some territory gameplay while John walked them through our latest unveiled level, Fallen Fighters, a 1:1 recreation of the square in Stalingrad. For those new to the Red Orchestra franchise this video will teach you about the original RO gametype. You will also have a chance to listen to John tell tales of the team sharing a bottle of vodka with the museum curator of the museum that resides in the iconic Univermag as the team toured the site. You can find the video here:

Gametrailers.com - Heroes of Stalingrad Territory Preview

Reactions: RO.Player
    the one thing that stands out in all the videos are the crazy swaying trees, whats up with that?

+1

Another thing that bothers me slightly is the font type and size of the announcements on the screen. IMO the font type is too modern for the era, i.e. anachronistic.

vlcsnap-2010-09-10-11h37m40s223.png

Also, will we be able to make this smaller with a setting? Often, even currently in RO, the messages interfere with gameplay and your aim is spoilt because this message obscures the target. It now looks even bigger and more intrusive in RO:HOS.

Other than these gripes - it is great to see even more new footage :)

Upvote 0
    Looks great :D

but...

"Axis attacking"..... hmm hope i can delete this message from my screen, i don't like to many letters in my way when i playing a game like Red Orchestra.

The colour of the HUD, Playernames and Messages... i don't know... looks like CoD :(
    Hope that i could fix it in the game settings.

And the Playernames are clip in to early, it's good that i know who is running by my side, but i don't want to see it "100 meters" away.

edit: Oh, good to see i am not alone ;)
    ps: What's about this strange Radar in the Corner? We only need a simply Compass for knowing where North, East, South or West is.
    We don't need a thing like a Radar... all weed need is a sketch of the Map like it is in RO:Ost.
    All other seems like CoD or CS (brrr)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Looks great :D

but...

"Axis attacking"..... hmm hope i can delete this message from my screen, i don't like to many letters in my way when i playing a game like Red Orchestra.

The colour of the HUD, Playernames and Messages... i don't know... looks like CoD :(
    Hope that i could fix it in the game settings.

And the Playernames are clip in to early, it's good that i know who is running by my side, but i don't want to see it "100 meters" away.

ps: What's about this strange Radar in the Corner? We only need a simply Compass for knowing where North, East, South or West is.
    We don't need a thing like a Radar... all weed need is a sketch of the Map like it is in RO:Ost.

The Video shows Relaxed Realism Mode, Full Realism Mode will have less Icons. And it ain't a Radar only showing you where your Squadmates are...

Upvote 0

Ramm's mentions the playernames in one of the videos, I believe hinting he felt that they were to luminous and appeared to far away (at least in the non releaxed realism mode), either way he said they are still being adjusted.

Same goes for the radar thingy, its only there in relaxed realism mode.

Also noticed that RO:HOS is GT rank 18 of 9365 (thats good right :confused::)). Not to shabby for a few alpha videos of a game due in 2011, especially with all the 'big' name games coming out in the next few months.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0