• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voodoo Extreme Readers Choice 2009

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Our old friends over at Voodoo Extreme are running their annual Readers’ Choice awards – Killing Floor is up for awards in the categories for “Best PC Game Expansion” and for “Best PC Shooter”.

For good measure, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad is up for “Most Anticipated Game for 2010″. So if you like us, like Killing Floor, like all our FREE expansions for Killing Floor and/or like the look of Heroes of Stalingrad – GO VOTE FOR US! Click on the Voodoo Extreme logo above to jump to the voting.

Go here to vote:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/52083/Voodoo-Extreme-2009-Readers-Choice-Awards/p14/c1/

Have a good holiday!

voted. Its nice to see KF and RO:HoS on top. I hope kiddos from CoD wont beat up us.

I'm wondering why CoD:MW2 isn't in "Worst PC game" category...

lol hating on MW2, personally i always thought the xbox version of the call of duties was better because dedicated servers were unnecessary and in most cases harmful, some maps/game modes never go played in CoD4 on PC (old school) and personally i think anything above 8 v 8 in CoD makes the game stupid and spammy, of course if your bad and cant get any kills except through random grenade spam 32 vs 32 is great. most servers in CoD 4 had a limit of about 24 players, which imo is WAY WAY to much for any map in CoD 4. of course now that MW2 is out i don't have to scour the server listings for a server with not too few or too many players and i can enjoy the game for once and finally argue that the CoD on PC is better than on the 360 is better instead of having to just say it doesn't matter if the game is better on the xbox or some other BS. but hey that propaganda on the steam forums by the boycotters was really persuasive wasn't it, i mean they used such big words and whatnot they have to be right, right?

PS: i really cant anticipate HoS if they don't release game play or even screenshots for months (you're a fanboy) , but i definitely think KF wins in the expansions category i love you tripwire, but please release some non shakey cam vids for HoS i am dieing to see more.

Upvote 0
PS: i really cant anticipate HoS if they don't release game play or even screenshots for months (you're a fanboy) , but i definitely think KF wins in the expansions category i love you tripwire, but please release some non shakey cam vids for HoS i am dieing to see more.

the vids I saw of it didn't seem that shaky at all.

Upvote 0
lol hating on MW2, personally i always thought the xbox version of the call of duties was better because dedicated servers were unnecessary and in most cases harmful, some maps/game modes never go played in CoD4 on PC (old school) and personally i think anything above 8 v 8 in CoD makes the game stupid and spammy, of course if your bad and cant get any kills except through random grenade spam 32 vs 32 is great. most servers in CoD 4 had a limit of about 24 players, which imo is WAY WAY to much for any map in CoD 4. of course now that MW2 is out i don't have to scour the server listings for a server with not too few or too many players and i can enjoy the game for once and finally argue that the CoD on PC is better than on the 360 is better instead of having to just say it doesn't matter if the game is better on the xbox or some other BS. but hey that propaganda on the steam forums by the boycotters was really persuasive wasn't it, i mean they used such big words and whatnot they have to be right, right?

Go play Xbox, bro.

You have no comprehension of the issues. Go to IW forums and read some of their posts. "big words." You made a paragraph full of hot air. I see no reason this is better.

Upvote 0
Shaky cam vids in these days mean that someone is filming an image from a screen with a camera. So rather than compiling a movie by capturing the image first with fraps or something.

Depends, I saw all the vids of HoS avaliable for general public and found this one at the redorchestra.ru forums, can't understand a word, but the quality is much better than other youtube uploaded stuff

YouTube - Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad - John Gibson prezentacja [High Score]
and watch it on the youtube itself, not embedded! :)

Oh yes, and 2 more votes for KF and ROHoS! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shaky cam vids in these days mean that someone is filming an image from a screen with a camera. So rather than compiling a movie by capturing the image first with fraps or something. You just film the output.

Logically that generally gives lower quality.

it was still enough to show me what it was going to be like. i dont see why you all want more then that.

Upvote 0
Go play Xbox, bro.

You have no comprehension of the issues. Go to IW forums and read some of their posts. "big words." You made a paragraph full of hot air. I see no reason this is better.

i have read their posts and i would never play the xbox because i love mods but i saw what mods came out for call of duty 4 ( pretty much nothing ) so i will just have to play UT3 and HL2 mods which i am fine with because there are a lot of them, I understand the complaints they usually go as follows
1. Lag with dedicated
2. no sense of community or competition
3. no modding
nobody ever made any mods i enjoyed in the cod series so thats a non-issue the lag is frustrating but only to a small extent as the majority of games don't lag and the lack of sense of community, well i also don't care about that because i usually dont join clans or become a server regular. what i get out of there being no dedicated servers is player limits are set at reasonable numbers instead of 12 v 12 or 18 v 18 which is way too much for CoD imo and there are more variety in game modes ( every server isn't HCTDM like in CoD4 ).

Upvote 0
voted! KF is dominating in best Shooter and best Freebies categories......so far!

HOS deserves most anticipated game of the last 3 years!!!!

and anticipated level should have nothing to do with vids or screens.....it's going to be the sequel to the best game of all time, OF ALL TIME!! that's all i need for anticipation to kick in.

Upvote 0