• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Ah, excellent. Concentrating on Stalingrad will give the opportunity for a coherent account of the battle to be given. This will be great! No more random mishmash of maps that was RO.

And in all honesty, for a small dev house with limited resources and time, why not continue with the Eastern front? They've got a lot of research done on the subject already. Don't let it go to waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, excellent. Concentrating on Stalingrad will give the opportunity for a coherent account of the battle to be given. This will be great! No more random mishmash of maps that was RO.

I just thought of these possible implications of the subtitle: will the game really concentrate on Stalingrad ? I hope not, that would mean a lot of hardware and a lot of situtations we wouldn't see...

Upvote 0
finaly !

icon_hug.gif

now take all the time you need to make it a real good an bug-free game.

...and thank you to give us at roladder.net a new challenge in (near?) future.

Upvote 0
What makes all u guys so sure this will be about ww2 at all? Title just says its about the "Heroes of Stalingrad".

*spoiler*
Level 1: Try to obtain social health care as a widow of a "traitor of the ussr"
Level 2: After having married rachel weisz and she's pregnant for the 5th time, jude law finally makes the decision to offer his kids a future:
goal a): try to find a way to bribe the commisars to let yer kids visit university.
goal b): if a) fails, try to find ways to emigrate them
*spoiler*

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im happy its eastern front still and i hope that it focusses really on stalingrad only. So much untold in that topic and a focus on a smaller part of the war means more focus and more possibility for quality. If it will have singleplayer it could be the first game that tells what really happened in that place.

If they would do the entire world war II it would probably be a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Especially alan's knowledge can bring this game to a triumph. I hope that a focus on one section of the war, can really bring forth small details otherwise forgotten.

For me time frame and game does not matter that much, COD4 for me was no different in gameplay than COD2. I hope that even if it were a space marines game, that it will have a different gameplay, objective and spawn system, making the gameplay a bit less forced and a bit more open, and less the same when you replay a map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, the focus on a specific battle will allow the game a much greater attention to detail. Hell, maybe it'll be entirely awesome and there will be a campaign with a progression of maps depending on which side won the previous one--kinda like Close Combat.

And while we won't see a larger scope of events, sure Sidus, but this is what we have modders for.

Upvote 0