• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound edit sound volumes....

I find it rather odd that tripwire is not noticed this problem and it is not resolved since, and personally I find the sounds of weapons and explosion is much better on Red Orchestra Ostfront, Ostfront on immersion is much better, like what tripwire did then good games and with limited financial resources.

I return on darkest hour mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't agree that the sounds in RO2 are less realistic, TWI went to great effort with recording every weapon used in the game, except the PTRS, which malfunctioned during recording, and so they used a similar large caliber weapon.

I DO agree that the volumes of RO2 are not realistic, explosions are not very loud, (and therefor less scary) and seem to become very quiet with distance or occlusion (such as a wall in between you and the blast).

I also think that maybe gunfire too could be louder, relative to sounds like footsteps, voices and stabbing noises.

Although I should say, turning up the volume on RO2 is still a real treat. It's just that I reckon it'd be ear-gasmic with changes to the things I listed.

Upvote 0
I set myself the task of doing a little mod for sound increases today. Got some mixed results; some of the sounds I changed are definatly louder, but on some others I can't tell if there's any difference or even if I was changing the correct SoundCue (might just be my ears :p). I even fiddled a little with the reverbs, so when you're near buildings or in a concreted courtyard, you'll get a more echo-ey / reverb filled sound, not sure how correct it is but I kinda like it.

Only issue so far is that after I play single-player, I can't join a multiplayer game as it recognises that the files are different...still, doesn't stop me joining a multiplayer game straight off. :D

Upvote 0