• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Remove some sound cues from game

g302941

Mar 24, 2015
I'm trying to remove some sounds from the game.
I don't like those sounds that play when you capture/lose a point or the music that plays when you win the battle.

First I tried removing the game files that contain the sound but it doesn't work.

How can I remove these sounds? Can I put a blank .ogg file and let the game take use it as it could have higher precedence than .upk files?

I want a simple solution that doesn't need to mess with SDK.

You will have to create new UPK packages using the SDK, as that is what the game uses, not any other format. And there is a high chance that because of the changes you make, you may not be able to play online (version mismatch errors). There is also a good chance that the changes you make wont actually do anything when you do actually get online; instead reverting to the old packages.

Upvote 0
I got an easier idea: open the sound cue in the editor, remove everything inside them, but leave the cues themselves the same.

That way there won't be any sound and you won't get any errors.

Doesnt the game check the file content? I know that I have accidentally saved stock pages and been unable to join servers because of the conflict

Upvote 0
Is there any way to disable the use of UPK through the game configuration .ini files?

Some .ini makes some references to sounds, example:
UISoundCueNames=GenericError
UISoundCueNames=MouseEnter
UISoundCueNames=MouseExit
UISoundCueNames=Clicked
UISoundCueNames=Focused
UISoundCueNames=SceneOpened
UISoundCueNames=SceneClosed
UISoundCueNames=ListSubmit

And also to packages:
+Package=ROEntry
+EditPackages=OnlineSubsystemSteamWorks
+EditPackages=ROGame
+EditPackages=ROGameContent

so maybe I can use a "-UPK-SomeSoundpackage" to disable audio??? :confused:

I found out though that some sounds are not in one single place :eek:
The main menu music for example, there is a file called ROHOS_Music.upk which contain it, but even deleting this file the music still plays.

Upvote 0