• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-OtoriShima

-=}WoLvErInE{=-

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Chi-Town
www.wolvy.net
Note: The name of the map has changed from "Wake Island" to "OtoriShima"

Name:
Otori Shima

Version:
v4

Comment:
Ok guys, so here is the first alpha release. Now keep in mind it is only an Alpha, so much room for improvement.....That's where you all come in. So all comments/suggestion/ideas are welcomed! The map is not historically accurate, so please don't kill me for that. Its based loosely on location and some things that were on the island. The bottom line is, trying to make fun playable map for everyone to enjoy.

To Do List:

-Obj Zone Textures
-Finishing up Cover areas
-Fix some floating objects

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So in advance I appreciate all the help i will be getting! :D

Please, GOOD or BAD let me know what's on your mind, like i said before....The whole goal is to make it fun to play. ;)

Changelog:

v4: Nov 5, 2013

This I call "The Wholesale Changes" Version. :D
Pretty much everything from, fixing the rain sound...Yes! it's actually fixed ;) to fixing the bright skybox, adding more and more cover. adjusting game time. spawn points time. to redoing most of the caps.

I still have some road decals I have to fix.
Some floating objects. and off course, those damn covernods. oh and add cap zone overlay textures.

And hopefully gameplay is not fubar now. :(

------------------------------------------------------------------
v3: Sep 28, 2013

- Cooked for new patch.
- Removed 1st cap ( Gimme cap)
Barracks is now 1st cap.
- Added new last Obj. (Intact Hangars)
- Added more debris in some area that looked empty.
- Adjusted some floating meshes.
- Removed some unnecessary foliage.
- Added more detail inside buildings.
- Added Fixed MG's for all caps.
- Most of the cover has been added. can now deploy MG's in most
areas.
- Added all necessary ladder volumes. Can now scale many
objects.
- Fix areas where you saw dark patches under water (ocean).
- Added more environmental sounds.
- Fixed where skybox was flickering after you got killed.
- Changed out Skybox mesh. smoother polys.
- Fixed lighting inside bunkers, building.
- Added blocking volumes where they were needed.
- Fixed Rain sounds ( I think :confused:)
-Adjust thunder and lightning activation timers.

Alpha 1: Sep 5, 2013

Alpha 1 Released.

Credit:
TWI & Rising Storm Team(AntiMatter Games)
Twrecks For the Name of the Map.
RGN - Raiders Game Net
Drecks
Moskeeto
=GG= Mr Moe
[40-1]MORD
VietViking
Marta
G_Sajer
kr

Last edited:
Sorry to be the fly in the ointment but while it looks great it could be a piece of jungle anywhere in the Pacific and not specific to Wake island,you could have named it anything,i would have preferred the standard image that everybody has of Wake as opposed to a square acre or two of anonymous foliage.
I love you Wolvy,but if you're gonna call it Wake,make it look like Wake for all us old timers at least.

Upvote 0
wolvys map look almost better in any part it has more Quality! my opinion is that its impossible in this game to get this isle in full scale into a map .
my opinion is that the other one doenst Looks professional ....just for me after so many years in this engine my Claim for a good looking map is very high. wake wasnt so rocky it was flat .....

Upvote 0
Thank you guys so much for the kind word. I'm truly honored to be part of such a great community. I'm grateful for everything TWI has done for it's modding community. I think I've finally found a home for many years to come.

As far as the map name goes, I think now that another version popped out, i'm going to change mine, so there is no conflicted. People want the BF look and mine looks completely different. So like Major said, "It can be any jungle in the pacific". ;)

I'll have think of a name. If anyone has idea for a name please feel free to post it here.

Once again thanks for all the love. :D

Upvote 0