• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-OtoriShima

Great atmosphere. Is there anything that can be done about the "phosphorous glow" of the military vehicles, tank wrecks and AA guns? This "glow" is also noticable on the left hand of your avatar.

Caterpillars and steamrollers do not show this "glow".

P.S.: just noticed you are already on it when I read the first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Map does look fantastic. I ran thru it briefly in single player this morning and the dark rainy atmosphere adds to the tension.

The Japanese captured objective A almost immediately before the Americans could even begin to move out, was this by design?

Frame rates seemed pretty good, although everytime the lightning struck my fps took a 15-20 fps drop hit.

About the last objective H, the airfields/hangers, I believe the Americans only had a total of 12 Wildcats to begin with and I believe you have more than that? I actually counted but then writing this I forgot the number :eek: The point is, I might just decrease the wrecks by a couple of planes.

Great job though! :D

Upvote 0
Just finished playing on full 64 men server.
Technical issues:
- players game crashing very often
- players reported freezing for a sec. when thunder strikes
- red screen of protected area after capturing E by axis, not killing tho. Suicide gets rid of it
Game play:
- seems that 25 mins is not enough, 30-35 would be better
- Axis stuck on objective C after capping D first for a 10 mins
Map looks great but in my opinion visibility should be increased, loads of tk`s

Upvote 0
First let me start out by saying, Thank you guys for all the support. It truly makes it easier to have motivation and to work on maps, when the community is supporting you.

Now what I will be doing from here on out, I'll be adding all the bugs/suggestion/ideas in the my first post. And as soon as I fix something or make improvements , i'll update the post. So please keep'em coming.

Now to your comments. :D

Thanks for your hard work again :)
First major bug I noticed is a red screen of death appearing after capturing middle objectives. E and D probably. Screen doesn`t kill and stays until player dies/suicide.

Yeah sorry about that, that's already fixed. I accidently add spawn protection volume instead of no artillery volume.

Great atmosphere. Is there anything that can be done about the "phosphorous glow" of the military vehicles, tank wrecks and AA guns? This "glow" is also noticable on the left hand of your avatar.

Caterpillars and steamrollers do not show this "glow".

P.S.: just noticed you are already on it when I read the first post.

Yes, I've made new materials , should all be fixed for next release.

That flamethrower really looks good and the coughing player using it is great, but boy that weapon is killing large number enemies pretty easy. Playing with bots is cool to see this but firing it.

Well let's see how it plays out. Like I said before I don't mind removing it, or maybe only adding one and have it enable when you have more than 60 players in server.

Map does look fantastic. I ran thru it briefly in single player this morning and the dark rainy atmosphere adds to the tension.

The Japanese captured objective A almost immediately before the Americans could even begin to move out, was this by design?

Frame rates seemed pretty good, although everytime the lightning struck my fps took a 15-20 fps drop hit.

About the last objective H, the airfields/hangers, I believe the Americans only had a total of 12 Wildcats to begin with and I believe you have more than that? I actually counted but then writing this I forgot the number :eek: The point is, I might just decrease the wrecks by a couple of planes.

Great job though! :D

Yes, that first objective is by design. its more for eye candy than anything else.
If I cant find a better solution, I might just remove the lighting from the map, I'll see what I can do about this. I agree, it is causing some issues for people with lesser pc's.
As far as the planes go, like I said in the first post....The map is not really historically accurate. I added the planes mostly for cover reasons, since there is going to be a lot of action in that area....However, I don't mind removing few here and there, if its a problem.

Hi,

After the test result image is frozen at each flash (1s).
My processor is a dual core 3Ghz Intel E 6850 Nvidia 8800GT average settings.

I really don't know how to answer this. TBH I'm not sure if the map is too much for your pc, or its something else. I wish I can tell, but I have no answer...Sorry :(

It looks great bud, but I suck at nightmaps.... :rolleyes:

Well I suck....ah nvm :p I just can't play period! :eek:

Just finished playing on full 64 men server.
Technical issues:
- players game crashing very often
- players reported freezing for a sec. when thunder strikes
- red screen of protected area after capturing E by axis, not killing tho. Suicide gets rid of it
Game play:
- seems that 25 mins is not enough, 30-35 would be better
- Axis stuck on objective C after capping D first for a 10 mins
Map looks great but in my opinion visibility should be increased, loads of tk`s

-Like I told Peumobil, I really don't know if the map is too much for some pc's....I doubt it, but you never know. I just really think its random crashes people are having, but we'll wait and see.
-Yes, i'm working on making the lightning better, if not, i'll remove it from the level and just keep the rain.
-Yes, already fixed, accidently added the wrong volume in the map.
-Actually for 64 player the time limit will be 45 min, and i'll adjusted from there.
-If you have any suggestion on C please let me know...I'll see how I can balance that out.
-I'm going to play around with the character lighting to see if I can improve that. I believe that can be done in character lighting properties.

Thank you all for the in-depth feebback, i'll add these to the first post, so they can be fixed.

And Please.....Keep them coming. Appreciated! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

I keep hearing good things about this map. I need a consensus. Do folks that have actually played it feel that it is basicly stable and playable?
I'm tempted to put it on Crucible to help Woverine evaluate it and to help increase availability. Can I do this at Alpha stage without too much reservation? Waddya think?

Upvote 0

I keep hearing good things about this map. I need a consensus. Do folks that have actually played it feel that it is basicly stable and playable?
I'm tempted to put it on Crucible to help Woverine evaluate it and to help increase availability. Can I do this at Alpha stage without too much reservation? Waddya think?

Not sure how to respond to this!!! :rolleyes:

walks right back in his room and closes the door behind him.

Upvote 0

Take your time. I just want to hear from folks that have played. There's no rush. I am actually running one other alpha. (Kriegzeit) All I'm looking for is some indication that either side can win and the bugs aren't so bad that a cohesive game can nevertheless be completed. Part of the goal of Crucible is to assist mappers in completing their works into a "final." Gotta start somewhere. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Take your time. I just want to hear from folks that have played. There's no rush. I am actually running one other alpha. (Kriegzeit) All I'm looking for is some indication that either side can win and the bugs aren't so bad that a cohesive game can nevertheless be completed. Part of the goal of Crucible is to assist mappers in completing their works into a "final." Gotta start somewhere. :D

Sounds good to me! ;)

Upvote 0

I`m personally waiting for a new version with some fixes (huge amount of players crashes even on top machines, fixed cap zone E red screen issue) and extended time to 45 mins. I hope that WoLvErInE will sort it out soon and I wish him luck :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0