Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Rising Storm Guadalcanal Daytime Territory and Countdown Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RS] Rising Storm Guadalcanal Daytime Territory and Countdown Maps

Rising Storm Guadalcanal Daytime Territory and Countdown Maps

Webpage:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=92138

http://imgur.com/a/AR60w

Steam Workshop:

I could not release these maps as a single Steam Workshop entry because it was just too large. So I had to spit it into two parts. You will need to subscribe to both parts before playing the maps!

Rising Storm Guadalcanal Daytime Shared Files
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=152137110

Rising Storm Guadalcanal Daytime Base Maps
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=152136336

Manual Installation:

Client Files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1_06102013.zip

To manually install extract to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC\RSGa me\Maps

Server Files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1_06102013.zip

To manually install extract to the appropriate folder that you have created to contain the maps that you will be hosting and configure the server as needed so that the maps will be in rotation. Complete details of how to do these things can be found here: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/...dicated_Server

History:

1.0.0.1 06/10/2013
    Removed the nighttime fog that was being displayed in the distance

1.0.0.0 06/08/2013
    Initial Release
    Last edited by oldbrokenlink; 06-20-2013, 02:08 AM.

finally released!

Comment

What am I doing wrong?

None of these daytime/nighttime maps are working on our server. We run Countdown. We can download the files, but after they are done our game clients crash with an option to send an error report. Other mutators and custom maps work fine. This is from our redirect.

Server files and client files were uploaded to their correct places and our redirect works fine. The files download. The client files were all renamed to .upk.

So what are we doing wrong here? It seems others uploaded theirs just fine. Or is it because Countdown was overlooked and others are using the Territory maps? I am not used to so many files being needed along with the map for custom maps. Do only the RSCD and RSTE maps get renamed to .upk while the support files retain their .roe extension?

Really frustrated here and I feel it is something simple I am missing.
      Last edited by MasterShake; 06-08-2013, 06:38 PM.
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.81stee.com"].~`81st Elite Eagles Tactical Clan`~.[/URL]
      [IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.166.53:7780/b_560_95_1.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Comment

sorry to hear that you are having problems.

please keep in mine that these maps were created using the latest sdk that was released after rising storm was released. these maps are basically rising storm maps. they most likely will not work with other older maps and other older mutators because those are most likely built using older sdks! and as far as i know there are really not that many maps and/or rotators rebuilt with new sdk! so please dont mix and match. make sure you use these maps with latest server and latest client only. and most likely remove all other older maps and older mutators. just host with other official maps that came with the base game when rising storm was released and integrated with ro2

re: crashing

i'm not sure why its crashing. ive tried it locally and didnt have any problems.

i have not tried hosting it on some server and downloading client using server download

perhaps there are issues with that. im not sure.

what you need to do when it crashes is to open the last log file and go to the end and resolve all the errors that you see.

re: renaming files

i dont really host so i cant answer really how many files need to be renamed. u need to ask that of someone with hosting experience

re: why so many files

the clients will need to get all the client files!

the reason there are many files is because the original maps had those files. each has part of the assets that the maps use.
        Last edited by oldbrokenlink; 06-09-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Try Cooking the maps so they create a single Client File and a single Server file...

Doing so will simplify and things easier for Users to obtain their map file from server redirects.

Multiple files are creating huge player problems. Crashes as mentioned and user confusion as to what goes where.

Besides, Steam workshop is still troublesome.
          Last edited by Mike_Nomad; 06-09-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbrokenlink View Post
            sorry to hear that you are having problems.

please keep in mine that these maps were created using the latest sdk that was released after rising storm was released. these maps are basically rising storm maps. they most likely will not work with other older maps and other older mutators because those are most likely built using older sdks! and as far as i know there are really not that many maps and/or rotators rebuilt with new sdk! so please dont mix and match. make sure you use these maps with latest server and latest client only. and most likely remove all other older maps and older mutators. just host with other official maps that came with the base game when rising storm was released and integrated with ro2

i'm not sure why its crashing. ive tried it locally and didnt have any problems.

i have not tried hosting it on some server and downloading client using server download

perhaps there are issues with that. im not sure.

what you need to do when it crashes is to open the last log file and go to the end and resolve all the errors that you see.

re: renaming files

i dont really host so i cant answer really how many files need to be renamed. u need to ask that of someone with hosting experience

re: why so many files

the clients will need to get all the client files!

the reason there are many files is because the original maps had those files. each has part of the assets that the maps use.
            Our server is hosted by a GSP and not our own dedi. It is fully up to date. As for the mutators they are the ones by Ducky and Thor and have never caused an issue with custom maps before. Also this was a cleanly installed server from June 1st. There were no other custom maps installed after our reinstall and no other support files to conflict with.

As far as the crashing I did notice that while downloading from the redirect clients would only get about 4 files and that's it. For some reason the others get skipping. They are all named as downloaded except for the extensions on the client redirect. The loading screen would not show the gametype (Countdown) and the verbage that comes along with it. The images would changes, the little soldier would run, and it would show "realism" after the missing Countdown part of the description. Then the soldier stops running, the screen goes black, and we are presented with an error popup.

The files being many is confusing to the clients and at least to this server admin. If the ability to compile these into one or two files exists that would help in a few ways. It's hard enough to get random pubbers to download a custom map, but when they see files coming over and over they just quit and move on.

My clan is looking forward to getting these to work on our server. Thanks.
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.81stee.com"].~`81st Elite Eagles Tactical Clan`~.[/URL]
            [IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.166.53:7780/b_560_95_1.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Nomad View Post
              Try Cooking the maps so they create a single Client File and a single Server file...

Doing so will simplify and things easier for Users to obtain their map file from server redirects.

Multiple files are creating huge player problems. Crashes as mentioned and user confusion as to what goes where.

Besides, Steam workshop is still troublesome.
              sorry to hear that some people are having problems.

re: single cooked file

i do not know how to do that.

please keep in mind that these are not my maps at all

they are twi's rising storm maps

all im doing is making a copy and tweaking that copy slightly

i use the ro2 sdk to cook them and it does not give me any option to create a single file. i just press a little button on some taskbar in the sdk that says publish i think. i dont control what happens.

if you look at the originals in the current game you will see that they come in many files. its just the way twi created them. so when it cooks mine which are nothing but tweaked copies it comes out basically as theirs.

also if i try to combine them then the resultant map file will be overly large and i will not be able to published them on steam workshop at all. they have like 200mb limit per workshop entry. and as it is im having to break it into two workshop entries because of this. also, it becomes a bit more difficult to maintain as twi improves the maps.

i just dont see how to cut down the number of files without getting rid of all the level files they use and then it becomes more of a maintenance issue for me and then you will have very large maps that i cant published on steam workshop.

i mean there is a reason why twi created them this way. they are professionally done and designed to be maintained and leveraged and they are actuall very complex map. this is not kids play nothing any of us would create on side because of the sale of the work.

re: steam workshop

u do not need to use them. i give you links to both the client and the server files. all you have to do is setup your server to give people the client files. it should automatically download it. if that does not work. they can manually install the maps. its very easy to. also steam workshop mostly works. all they have to do is subscribe wait for the download and then run the game. the only issue is when they get a bad download. then they have to manually delete the file and download again. sadly steam does not have a verify workshop item or a redownload. i guess u can unsubscribe and resubscribe. but they may see its already there and not download it again

ive tested these it does not crash less u have other problems.

other older maps and mutations will not work. they need to be updated for this sdk. so if u have older stuff loaded you are asking for trouble. also again other than very minor tweaks i do not make any changes. if they crash its because of issues with ro2/rs and/or unreal engine. and let me acknowledge there are plenty there. if you go to steam discussion area you will see lots of people crashing with just the base game. most of the issues have to do with them having nvidia cards and bad drivers, but also other issues related to all the garbage they have installed with the game.

i too had subscribed to many things and was having problems. i unsubscribed to them all, every single thing, and then manually deleted the files that were left behind. sadly when u unsubscribe it leaves the files and they continue to be there causing problems. mutators are the worse since they tie very closely with the game and the engine.

once i did that and just had maps like mine that were built using latest sdk i have not had any problems.
              Last edited by oldbrokenlink; 06-09-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                Our server is hosted by a GSP and not our own dedi. It is fully up to date. As for the mutators they are the ones by Ducky and Thor and have never caused an issue with custom maps before. Also this was a cleanly installed server from June 1st. There were no other custom maps installed after our reinstall and no other support files to conflict with.

As far as the crashing I did notice that while downloading from the redirect clients would only get about 4 files and that's it. For some reason the others get skipping. They are all named as downloaded except for the extensions on the client redirect. The loading screen would not show the gametype (Countdown) and the verbage that comes along with it. The images would changes, the little soldier would run, and it would show "realism" after the missing Countdown part of the description. Then the soldier stops running, the screen goes black, and we are presented with an error popup.

The files being many is confusing to the clients and at least to this server admin. If the ability to compile these into one or two files exists that would help in a few ways. It's hard enough to get random pubbers to download a custom map, but when they see files coming over and over they just quit and move on.

My clan is looking forward to getting these to work on our server. Thanks.

honestly get rid of those mutators they are like a year old. also make sure no maps created with older sdk are being used.

also try renameing all the client file extension and see if that resolves them not all downloading. make sure its all setup also in config files.

ok i'll need to setup a server later tonight. and try it out. will let you know how it goes. i'll test downloading and playing the maps. but i will not test mutators at all.

Comment

Maybe this will help -----> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=87612

Comment

Originally posted by -=}WoLvErInE{=- View Post
                    that is what they are complaining about that the parts are levels that are streamed in, well when loaded. and each level is a different file.

it didnt set it up this way, twi did. so its why its this way on these maps.

these are very complex professional maps. not the kind of stuff people do for fun.

ok so twi says you need to rename each file .upk

so art-?????.roe becomes art-?????.roe

u have to do the same with snd, pbv, fx, rscd, rste, rsff, and other client files.

just change the .roe to .upk on all client files.

so u see each client has several files u have to rename all of them and u have to reference all of them for redirect to work.

if that does not work then you cant use redirect. it maybe there are limits to redirect. if so then you have to ask people to download and manually install the client or just subscribe to steam workshop entry which installs it for them.

that is not that bad. a bit of pain if redirect wont work.

still ill try it tonight setup a server on an old box and try the maps and download redirect to see if it would work.
                    Last edited by oldbrokenlink; 06-09-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

It really isn't as complicated as you think. It's pretty easy actually.
                      However, in order to do what you're trying to do, you'll need the uncooked files. I've never tried doing it with cooked files, so really not sure if it will work.

Here look at this ----> http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LevelStreamingHome.html

Comment

Originally posted by -=}WoLvErInE{=- View Post
                        It really isn't as complicated as you think. It's pretty easy actually.
                        However, in order to do what you're trying to do, you'll need the uncooked files. I've never tried doing it with cooked files, so really not sure if it will work.

Here look at this ----> http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LevelStreamingHome.html
                        u misunderstand i have the uncooked files i cook them u dont need uncooked files.

when u edit the maps u have this thing called levels where u reference other files like the ones in the map and u say stream it in like when loading.

it nothing that you have to be aware of.

just rename the extension and try redirect if redirect cant handle streaming then u cant use redirect.

no way this is going to end up being a single file. it would be harder to maintain

also u have to get used to this way cause you are going to see more and more maps done this say. not just by me but by others as u saw in their post.

and if there is bug with redirect then twi needs to fix it to fix it.

Comment

Please, - just re-cook the maps into a single file for Servers and a single file for Clients.... please

Its not that the experienced players can't handle it or that the redirect is broken...

Its all the newer players that are falling over with this mess o files to deal with. We really do not wish to lose them.

One .upk file for the server...

One .roe file for the clients and everyone is happy and playing instead of crashing and crying.

please??

Comment

Are there uncooked map files of the stock maps?
                            Do you mean the .roe client files from SteamApps/..../....?

I'm pretty sure that cooking a cooked map isn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Nomad View Post
                              Please, - just re-cook the maps into a single file for Servers and a single file for Clients.... please

Its not that the experienced players can't handle it or that the redirect is broken...

Its all the newer players that are falling over with this mess o files to deal with. We really do not wish to lose them.

One .upk file for the server...

One .roe file for the clients and everyone is happy and playing instead of crashing and crying.

please??
                              mike i know of no way to cook the maps into a single file for the client and a single file for the server.

i dont actually cook them i run the ro2 editor and press a button on the toolbar that does the magic.

the reason u see all those files is because twi when the created these maps they created them this way.

it has nothing to do with me and the way i am cooking them.

it has to do with the way they created these maps.

its not like i open up a command prompt and enter some command or run some batch file to cook them.
                              Last edited by oldbrokenlink; 06-09-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X