• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Odessa

Let me be the first to give some minor feed back right now..

The lighting of the map is scary, I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing. Hiding in the shadows, only shooting at muzzle flashes, it's difficult to find people who aren't shooting.

Although I'd like to suggest either for it to lighten up a bit or make a day time version though, be nice to have two versions of a map for once. I think that will reduce TKs and make it easier for team work.

Other than that it's a good map, nice remake. I love those small street fights you get with it.

Upvote 0
Actually I like night maps. They feel very intense and scary. However, what always annoys me is that many players will simply change their gamma/brightness when playing dark maps in order to have an advantage over players that don't do it.

Having said that, BOH-Rekrut, there is one thing that you should consider: gun sounds in the background! You can see AA fire going up in the background but there is no sound. It would just improve the overall atmosphere of this map. And a favorite wish for me: Make a sound of wind blowing as well. The map looks and feels cold, some sound of wind blowing through the streets would just be so cool for immersion!

Upvote 0
Actually I like night maps. They feel very intense and scary. However, what always annoys me is that many players will simply change their gamma/brightness when playing dark maps in order to have an advantage over players that don't do it.

Having said that, BOH-Rekrut, there is one thing that you should consider: gun sounds in the background! You can see AA fire going up in the background but there is no sound. It would just improve the overall atmosphere of this map. And a favorite wish for me: Make a sound of wind blowing as well. The map looks and feels cold, some sound of wind blowing through the streets would just be so cool for immersion!

Odd, I hear the Flak guns' ack-ack-ack in the background....

Upvote 0
:)

Odessa is showing early signs of being very popular. Even our "old cranky folks" are expressing interest. This is usually a good sign. I think overall, the dawn map will probably be better recieved. I liked the night map, but they present a lot of complex problems to the player and the developer. I actually like night maps, but the only ones that seem totally comfortable right now are RedOctober and Mamayev-Kurgan. If something like flares ever become available, perhaps that might make a real interesting environment.

Upvote 0