• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Der Iwan Berg

:) dunno how you feel about this, but I seriously want to try to 24/7 this map for a limited time to guage public reaction. I have no idea how that might play out, but I've got a gut feeling. Some of the grumpiest folks in the clan are excited over this one. I did this with Harley's map for awhile. It worked out real well for us. But I think the idea gave Harley the hives. :D
But look; if it works well, it might give you an ideal opportunity for test & observation.

Upvote 0
:) dunno how you feel about this, but I seriously want to try to 24/7 this map for a limited time to guage public reaction. I have no idea how that might play out, but I've got a gut feeling. Some of the grumpiest folks in the clan are excited over this one. I did this with Harley's map for awhile. It worked out real well for us. But I think the idea gave Harley the hives. :D
But look; if it works well, it might give you an ideal opportunity for test & observation.

Sure! Sounds like what the ro2 community needs. Plus it will help the map out.

Upvote 0
yes..

my suggestion is

A bigger distance between the burning tank in A to the entrenchments area. making germans run a little further from A to B.

Then some stronger mg enplacements to make a stronger block on the entrenchments area. Now we have two Mg enplacements and those are at the far back.
It would be great to have 3 mg enplacements with a better position to create a good block. may be a V position. may be far away from nades?!

Then at the far back where the barb wire is. The limit on top of the hill could have some sand bags so sniper could lay down on the ground and help to protect the entrenchement with the MG.

And a possible logistic or something to make the russian rifle man be able to gather up on the first wall.
The bots are alerady doing it. But i mean a further distance between the A nd B ( burning tank and first wall) would be great. It will gave enough time to russians gather up when germans cap A. Because germans are almost instantly inside B after they cap A.

thanks.

And the cloud at the beggining is very nice. Germans can see it passing trough the tank. We almost can see it modeling it self while passing around the tank. : )

Upvote 0
yes..

my suggestion is

A bigger distance between the burning tank in A to the entrenchments area. making germans run a little further from A to B.

This is possible. I can just move their spawn back a bit or increase reinforcement time instead.

Then some stronger mg enplacements to make a stronger block on the entrenchments area. Now we have two Mg enplacements and those are at the far back.
It would be great to have 3 mg enplacements with a better position to create a good block. may be a V position. may be far away from nades?!

I might add another MG more forward.

Then at the far back where the barb wire is. The limit on top of the hill could have some sand bags so sniper could lay down on the ground and help to protect the entrenchement with the MG.

Good idea!

And a possible logistic or something to make the russian rifle man be able to gather up on the first wall.
The bots are alerady doing it. But i mean a further distance between the A nd B ( burning tank and first wall) would be great. It will gave enough time to russians gather up when germans cap A. Because germans are almost instantly inside B after they cap A.

The cover is a bit too low. I need to fix it.

thanks.

And the cloud at the beggining is very nice. Germans can see it passing trough the tank. We almost can see it modeling it self while passing around the tank. : )

Yes. The initial charge out of the woods as the Germans is my favorite. You run out and see barb wires, dust clouds, and a huge bunker system. Afterwards, all your friends around you get mowed down by machine gun fire.

Upvote 0
:)

It's still very early to judge. My only suggestion at this point is to give the Russians some more tickets, but perhaps other adjustments may suffice.
I reduced the number of bots at Danh's request on our server, but keep in mind through development that this map may eventually be re-integrated with the other customs. I sorely wish that bot counts could be adjusted on a map per map basis. Historically, we have used rather large bot counts on our servers because the public has responded well to that. However, I'm inclined to diminish them if it doesn't dampen public enthusiasm. Just stuff to keep in mind. :)

Upvote 0
:)

It's still very early to judge. My only suggestion at this point is to give the Russians some more tickets, but perhaps other adjustments may suffice.
I reduced the number of bots at Danh's request on our server, but keep in mind through development that this map may eventually be re-integrated with the other customs. I sorely wish that bot counts could be adjusted on a map per map basis. Historically, we have used rather large bot counts on our servers because the public has responded well to that. However, I'm inclined to diminish them if it doesn't dampen public enthusiasm. Just stuff to keep in mind. :)
Bots can be adjusted on a map per map basis,you can do it in the WebAdmin by adding each map manually and allocating the number of bots after the map name.
But you have to do it for every map,or the next map retains the same number as the previous eg: in the first screenshot Gumrak i'm adding 18,unless you change it for each map the next and every map after will have 18.
In the second screenshot i've added Apartments with 18 bots.

Attachments

• 2013-01-04_084718.jpg
    2013-01-04_084718.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-01-04_090033.jpg
    2013-01-04_090033.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bots can be adjusted on a map per map basis,you can do it in the WebAdmin by adding each map manually and allocating the number of bots after the map name.
But you have to do it for every map,or the next map retains the same number as the previous eg: in the first screenshot Gumrak i'm adding 18,unless you change it for each map the next and every map after will have 18.
In the second screenshot i've added Apartments with 18 bots.

:D Hell's Bells! Is that handy. I learn something new every day. That will make things sooo much more flexible. Thanks.

Upvote 0
yes..

my suggestion is

One thing about this is that I don't notice Russians using the sandbag bunkers I made. I think once they figure that those bunkers are really good, the Germans will have a harder time getting to B.

Upvote 0
Cover at the top of the allied spawn hill would help slow the axis surge at the end. Once they make the bunker area, which happens pretty quickly after the tank is taken, it's pretty much a steamroll. It'd be nice to be able to choose to spawn in the back from the beginning as well for snipers to take that position.

More vegetation/concealment at the sides for both teams might make things more interesting as well.

Upvote 0
I know you probably don't want player collision for all the bushes, etc near the German spawn, but it seems too easy to move right thru the middle of them. Also, it seems too easy to hide there because of that fact.

Just my initial thoughts.

Germans need the initial concealment and for snipers to hide in bushes. The whole team shouldn't be hiding in there is what I am saying.

Upvote 0
Cover at the top of the allied spawn hill would help slow the axis surge at the end. Once they make the bunker area, which happens pretty quickly after the tank is taken, it's pretty much a steamroll. It'd be nice to be able to choose to spawn in the back from the beginning as well for snipers to take that position.

More vegetation/concealment at the sides for both teams might make things more interesting as well.

Allies have yet to make good use of arty or the bunkers I placed in the front. I will add the additional spawn though.

Upvote 0
Planned changes so far:
Two more tunnels for Allies to enter C
Sandbags inside C for defense
Sandbags outside entrances to C for defense
Some environment stuff
Countdown Mode
Third Allied spawn for A cap (inside Bunkers)
More reinforcements for both sides
Closed gap in reinforcement, was 50 now 25.
Adjusted spawn times to scale with max players
Made the map 15 times bigger
Added 100 more caps
Axis gets invincibility for 30 seconds so they can leave the forest safely

Any more changes you want to see? Let me know!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Planned changes so far:
Two more tunnels for Allies to enter C
Sandbags inside C for defense
Sandbags outside entrances to C for defense
Some environment stuff
Countdown Mode
Third Allied spawn for A cap (inside Bunkers)
More reinforcements for both sides
Closed gap in reinforcement, was 50 now 25.
Adjusted spawn times to scale with max players
Made the map 15 times bigger
Added 100 more caps
Axis gets invincibility for 30 seconds so they can leave the forest safely

Any more changes you want to see? Let me know!

Any chances to include kittens? Cat_in_da_hat and me would like it. ;):IS2:

Upvote 0