• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

Been testing map locally.

Fixed Allies 3 cap win, and move out of spawn at start. A complete rebuild is now required.

CD version is still borked, but is a non-issue as no one plays Tank maps in countdown anyways. Continue to look for an answer, however unless I get help the mode gets abandoned.

Have completely gotten rid of the props package at this time, map cooks at around 180MB so should upload to the workshop. Uncooked the map is 520MB, the SDK is unhappy, but the trade off should be happy players/servers.

Going to rebuild the map tomorrow Monday Jan 7th while I'm at work. It takes around 6+ hours to calculate nav mesh and lighmaps, and about 2 minutes to cook the Player and Server files.

Will get new player/Server files uploaded Monday night, providing the SDK doesn't crash.

Upvote 0
Been testing map locally.

Fixed Allies 3 cap win, and move out of spawn at start. A complete rebuild is now required.

CD version is still borked, but is a non-issue as no one plays Tank maps in countdown anyways. Continue to look for an answer, however unless I get help the mode gets abandoned.

Have completely gotten rid of the props package at this time, map cooks at around 180MB so should upload to the workshop. Uncooked the map is 520MB, the SDK is unhappy, but the trade off should be happy players/servers.

Going to rebuild the map tomorrow Monday Jan 7th while I'm at work. It takes around 6+ hours to calculate nav mesh and lighmaps, and about 2 minutes to cook the Player and Server files.

Will get new player/Server files uploaded Monday night, providing the SDK doesn't crash.

Thanks Twrecks,strangely enough as sod's law would have it the 3 cap no win situation hasn't happened since,but getting the bots to move out the spawn will be a big help when there's only a few people playing.
Apart from that i don't see any other major problems.

Upvote 0
:)

Thanks, Twrecks. The hard work is appreciated. Your map plays a huge roll in the Tank server popularity. Best wishes.

Say, I just read somewhere that the props file for client and server is identicle. Perhaps my lack of understanding lead to the aforementioned error. Should I have placed the props file from the client package into the server as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the world properties, I had made Allies the defending team, which historically is correct, however made it so the only way the Allies would win is if they prevented the Axis from capping all 3 objectives. Interesting gameplay, yet I understand the confusion, it'll be "neutral" in tonight's update.

That maybe explain why the Allies bots wouldn't leave the spawn UNLESS AND UNTIL the Axis capped,and then they would all rush out at once and head for that cap zone,but of course by then the Axis were heading for the Village or the Potato patch and the Allied bots were always playing catchup.

Upvote 0
:)

Thanks, Twrecks. The hard work is appreciated. Your map plays a huge roll in the Tank server popularity. Best wishes.

Say, I just read somewhere that the props file for client and server is identicle. Perhaps my lack of understanding lead to the aforementioned error. Should I have placed the props file from the client package into the server as well?

Their is no server props file, it doesn't use one.
The unable to open file error sometimes happens when the client has an older version of that file in their cache,but because its not compatible with the new version of the map it can't be opened, clients may have to clean out their cache first if the files are coming from a redirect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry to interrupt the lighting rebuild.but could we have a huge stormcloud over the potato patch with rain pi**ing down over that cap zone?......lol.

LOL, like your idea. See what can be done.

Be glad to get rid of that seperate props file,they cause so many problems with the redirect and the cache.

Yes, this next release the props.upk will be gone. Though will make it available as a seperate download for level designers, as there are quite a few custom meshes that can be recycled into new maps.

Running a test server tonight, afterwards if all is well, update.

Upvote 0
OP has updated links.

Change log 1/9/2013:
1. No more props package!!!
2. Countdown works, take that Kismet :D
3. Fixed 3 cap for Allies in TE version.
4. Added AA-resupply station for Allies (5 total).
5. Added path blocking volumes to places where bots were getting stuck.
6. Updated Destructible replication.
7. Various minor static mesh and terrain tweaks.

Enjoy :IS2:

Upvote 0
The TE client file isn't zipped,not a complaint but it just takes longer to download, i also think that 7-zip is better than Winzip,compress' them more.

Yes, yes and yes. I abandoned compressed files for the client, seeing as redirects use the roe and the SWS doesn't uncompress for subscribers. I want ppl to enjoy my map, and all I've heard is griefers about download/install problems. I want feedback on the map, trying to remove the barriers from ppl actually playing it seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Hopefully this update addresses all previous issues and doesn't raise any new ones. Sry, no rain :eek:

Upvote 0
Twrecks, how do you get the SDK to handle an uncooked map with a file size of 520 MB? I thought the SDK doesn't handle maps over 300MB, or did I miss something?

Best Regards!

The SDK gives you a warning when saving any package (map or otherwise) over 300MB. I just ignore it. Seems to be an artifical cap and am no longer freaked out when it pops up.

Running a FX4170 with 32GB of RAM helps :cool:

Upvote 0
Yes, yes and yes. I abandoned compressed files for the client, seeing as redirects use the roe and the SWS doesn't uncompress for subscribers. I want ppl to enjoy my map, and all I've heard is griefers about download/install problems. I want feedback on the map, trying to remove the barriers from ppl actually playing it seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Hopefully this update addresses all previous issues and doesn't raise any new ones. Sry, no rain :eek:
Redirects don't use .roe they use .upk, the file extension has to be changed everytime a .roe map is uploaded to the redirect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0