• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Rakowice

Im very very impressed with your map! Great job mate :D
After playing a couple of rounds I noticed that it is very difficult for attackers. Germans Have great overlooking positions and it seems like there is not enought cover for allies to advance.
I also joined Allies team and wasnt able to pick up a role be coz all roles were taken (not even rifleman)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Now its time to tweak it. As I have noticed and read here its hard for Allies to cap the Ammobunker and Flaks together. This might harder in Classic mode as there ain't spawn on SL.

I also noticed the Allies need more cover when they leave the first objective towards the Flaksite and Ammobunker. This might be the same when they head for the Controltower, but I like brutal last capzones.

Now I hope to gather more info on gameplay and performance the next couple of days so I can release an update in the weekend.

First post is updated with Countdown files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a weird vaulting issue happening over to the right side of B. The small trench line there, when trying to run and jump over the trench you end up vaulting instead in mid-air.

The location of trenches I'm talking about is here below...

Spoiler!

The ammo cache objective in the ammo bunker doesn't properly highlight when an Engineer has the satchel equipped.

That's about all I found in a quick run through the first portion of the map. Everything else looks good so far, hope to play this in a populated server soon.

Upvote 0
Drecks, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, hopefully today. I just want to say wait till you get even more feedback before you go dropping 'cover' everywhere to help the Russians. As I'm sure you are aware, placing cover like that just looks fake and gives the map a cluttered appearance. It takes away from the map's natural/real look.

Hopefully I can give real feedback soon :D

Upvote 0
There is a weird vaulting issue happening over to the right side of B. The small trench line there, when trying to run and jump over the trench you end up vaulting instead in mid-air.

Thanks, found that. It was a covernode which got out of place.

EDIT:
And that fog is kinda annoying, can it be a little bit less dense?

No. For reasons that I like it.

I just want to say wait till you get even more feedback before you go dropping 'cover' everywhere to help the Russians. As I'm sure you are aware, placing cover like that just looks fake and gives the map a cluttered appearance.

Yeah but leaving the spawns after Russians cap the perimeter is too hard and that area same as the runway area approaching the final objective needs some work.

I won't be dropping crates in the middle of a field or the runway. So I need to find something else. So information about performance is usefull in order to drop in more stuff.

Moving the Russian spawn on the side of the Ammo bunker some more forward and pulling the Axis spawn more back at the side of the Flaks is in development. This will mean that the spawnprotection will be larger and once the perimeter
falls the Axis need to move out of there.

I also took out the stock hangar approaching the Flaksite and replaced it witj an own build type. This gave room to add some cover on both sides of that new hanger and meanwhile introduce the newly made assets for cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spawn camping possible, unfortunately, on both of the last spawn points the Russians have when pushing the control tower.

A tank parked behind the hanger, artillery, and Germans well behind Russian lines were able to fire directly at spawning Russians.

Some shell craters on the far left when approaching the flak guns would be nice too.

Upvote 0