• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Rakowice

The tank wont solve this.

The problem is lack of variety in bigger planes for cover.I could add another on and turn it 90 degrees. I do have an underground area.
The exit of that might need some more cover.

Did you played the first or updated version ?

As in the latest version the Axis have only 1 MG
And it has more cover on the runway and a hanger close to the runway.

Need feedback on how the lastest version play. And then do an update
this thursday.... :cool:
I played the updated version today.

Why not add more, fresher, and/or smaller shellholes instead of extra planes? It would be fitting and authentic at the same time, looking at the broken planes.

I saw the underground tunnel on the right, nicely done.
It helps, at least for the players going right flank (RU)
I kindof miss the passageways under-the-concrete-bombed-runway from RO1 version that you had all over the stretch of airplane-littered terrain. It was great cover.
The first floor of middle hangar with the windows facing german side, wherefrom russians could take the last objective under (covering) fire, I miss that as well.
Oh well, cant have it all I'm afraid ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played the updated version today.
I kindof miss the passageways under-the-concrete-bombed-runway from RO1 version that you had all over the stretch of airplane-littered terrain. It was great cover.
The first floor of middle hangar with the windows facing german side, wherefrom russians could take the last objective under (covering) fire, I miss that as well.
Oh well, cant have it all I'm afraid ;)

You must know what I have missed lately.....

Beside all the stuff you missed did the updated version played better ?

Thats the question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You must know what I have missed lately.....

Beside all the stuff you missed did the updated version played better ?

Thats the question.

I played the updated version as engineer,but only against bots,and the engineer role has a learning curve in knowing when to blow up the objectives,if you blow the ammo dump too early it has to be done again at the correct time, but once you get the timing right it should be easy to remember next time, providing the Allies remember to defend the 3 zones at the same time, and give the engineer time to resupply and get to them all.(engineers NEED the clown car)

I couldn't find most of the resupply areas that are marked on the map,the one i could find is the one in the huts between the first and second obj's
If you use the underground passage to get to the tower i personally think their is enough cover there,but a few more craters on the airstrip would help for above ground.

One of the rounds i played as tank commander (against bots) but i never once saw the Axis tank, could you make the tanks (with bots) actually do something/go somewhere.....i like blowing things up you see.
I forgot to check,but are the hanger doors destructable with tank fire the same as Gumrak?

Sorry i hsven't played as Axis yet,my love of destroying things has always made me play Allied on this map....lol

PS: one last thing for now.....this IS an Ostfront map,it feels the same,it plays the same,i just love it. TWI remade Barashka,but in my opinion its been ruined and is nothing like the original, Ogledow, Arad2 and this map are a 100% better remakes than Barashka ever will be, because you guys have stuck to the original format which made those maps successful,if only TWI had done the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the rounds i played as tank commander (against bots) but i never once saw the Axis tank, could you make the tanks (with bots) actually do something/go somewhere.....i like blowing things up you see.
I forgot to check,but are the hanger doors destructable with tank fire the same as Gumrak?

Have to no idea how to get the bots use a tank.

Upvote 0
:D Now... just so I won't get in a jam here, What do we want to call this updated version in the .ini files. Rakowice or Rakowice_update? I see trouble on the horizon.

My guess its Rakowice_update as thats the name.

This situation is not what i want but I just could not update it on Steamworkshop and I'm not the only one. So I was adviced to do it like this. I don't see to much trouble on the horizon. Most trouble is behind me. Trust me on that.

Now just need as much as possible info about gameplay so I can tweak it.

Thursday I will have another update named TE-Rakowice
I will remove the old files from Steamworkshop and add the new ones there.

I would love tho have the text when the destroyable objectives are available "Capture the Flak 88" changed into "Destroy the Flak 88" same goes for the Ammo. As now engineers don't know what to do ??

Maybe a dev can shine a light here or do i miss something simple.

Upvote 0
My guess its Rakowice_update as thats the name.

This situation is not what i want but I just could not update it on Steamworkshop and I'm not the only one. So I was adviced to do it like this. I don't see to much trouble on the horizon. Most trouble is behind me. Trust me on that.

Now just need as much as possible info about gameplay so I can tweak it.

Thursday I will have another update named TE-Rakowice
I will remove the old files from Steamworkshop and add the new ones there.

I would love tho have the text when the destroyable objectives are available "Capture the Flak 88" changed into "Destroy the Flak 88" same goes for the Ammo. As now engineers don't know what to do ??

Maybe a dev can shine a light here or do i miss something simple.

:) Very well. Done. That's all I needed.

Upvote 0
:D Now... just so I won't get in a jam here, What do we want to call this updated version in the .ini files. Rakowice or Rakowice_update? I see trouble on the horizon.

[TE-Rakowice_update ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Rakowice_update
FriendlyName=Rakowice
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

[Rakowice_update ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=Rakowice
Friendly=Rakowice
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Gumrack>
Description=

Upvote 0
Played the updated version of this map past two evenings as a russian mg. One mg seems to be enough because there is not good choke points to cover. Mostly there are suitable places for set the gun up and support the attack. Only the last place is a little problematic, for a machine gunner at least, because the visibility to the tower is not providing possibility to see is anyone inside or moving the top of tower.

In the first evening we almost managed to cap the last zone. The map was overtimed, but we still lost. Main reason for the "success" was that we captured the perimeter pretty quickly. After that other zones were captured and we had about 5 minutes to capture the last place. Germans were guarding the flanks so we rushed from the center to the tower.

The second round didn't went that good. Too much time were used for coordinated attack on perimeter. Eventually we were attacking hangar when our reinforcements ran out. Other objectives were capped or destoyed.

Yesterday evening both rounds were won by Germans and our attack was hindered by inefficient engineers. Both ammo's and AA guns were not destroyed because obviusly engineers didn't know what to do. Some players discussed that two engineer is not enough for this map. If I remember right, the Ostfront version had 4 engineers. The map had panzerfauts as well, so how about adding some at-grenades for both sides? Hunting tanks is always fun and I think that this map would benefit from that. It could even increase the teamwork. One thing that I miss from Ostfront is that it was possible to be "an extra at-guy" because extra panzerfausts were provided in certain maps, for instance K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't played the latest update yet.

My own personal opinion: I didn't care much for the ROOST version of this map (several reasons), but I like this version because it doesn't seem to play like the old version did, at least not much. It plays better and seems more realistic. If the map looked and played more like a carbon copy of the ROOST version, my interest in it would plummet.

Again, just my opinion :)

Upvote 0
I witnessed the engineers did not destroy the objectives. Even telling them what Even now that stock ammmo object blinking like it tells "destroy me".

It might take some time before players (Engineers) know what to destroy.
Players who played the map in Ostfront knows the ammo and Flaks need to be destroyed. In a while everyone know what to destroy.

Adding more engineers will dumb this all down. Prevend the engineer from getting killed and get him to the objective is a task. Isn't everybody always full of teamwork. When the Engineer die he drops his satchels anyway so pick them up and do what is neccesary. In a worse scenario shoot the bastard and grab his gear. Stalins order you know.

Working on an update with some eyecandy and hope sufficient cover.

Upvote 0
Kill the engineer!!!!.....god will punish you for saying that,and even worse,you'll get a perm. ban

In Soviet Russia God played a minor role.....

Anyway for today I planned another update. Most feedback I had was from people who played classic and most complains it was kind of hard to make it to the controltower. And another thing I have heard the Russian Engineer did not no what to do. I tried to take care of that. :rolleyes:

When The Russians now cap the Flak site and Ammobunker a textmessage is visible for 8 seconds telling the Russian Engineer they need to destroy the objectives. Which are The 88 Guns and Ammo.
Axis can still cap the objectives back until The 88 Guns and Ammo are destroyed.

Further on when the Russians capture the Hangar the Axis need to be carefull with their tank. After two minutes the Axis tankspawn is disabled and though Axis still have a tank they have to keep that one intact as its their last.
This will be visible in a text message telling "The Axis lost their tankreinforcements. " So everybody knows.

Last but not least this version will have some cool other stuff created by Shadowwil.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0