• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]Red Assault

Just played a few rounds on this, and I like what I'm seeing. Graphically it's very pretty. Now a few notes:

-There are a few spots where I got stuck (on German side), namely around F. I'll try and locate where exactly later, but it happend around 4 times in 1 match.

-Also the F capzone is very small, and only about 50 meters from the German last spawn, whereas the russians spawn ~200 meters away! This should probably change, or at least break up the distance into two cap zones (perhaps another cap on the German side of the bridge?). The German team didn't once see a Russian set foot in F. That being said, it's my favorite-looking capzone, and I would suggest spawning either the Germans further back, or the Russians on the other side of the bridge. That way there's a flurry of activity leading up to the final engagement!

-Another note for F - as it stands it is very easy for the Germans to plug up all routes to the cap. THere are only two flanks with long avenues, and I can see MGs easily decimating any advances. I don't know what would be the best way to go about preventing this, but just something to keep in mind.

Anyways, thanks for the map, and I look forward to seeing it develop!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played a few rounds on this, and I like what I'm seeing. Graphically it's very pretty. Now a few notes:

-There are a few spots where I got stuck (on German side), namely around F. I'll try and locate where exactly later, but it happend around 4 times in 1 match.

-Also the F capzone is very small, and only about 50 meters from the German last spawn, whereas the russians spawn ~200 meters away! This should probably change, or at least break up the distance into two cap zones (perhaps another cap on the German side of the bridge?). The German team didn't once see a Russian set foot in F. That being said, it's my favorite-looking capzone, and I would suggest spawning either the Germans further back, or the Russians on the other side of the bridge. That way there's a flurry of activity leading up to the final engagement!

-Another note for F - as it stands it is very easy for the Germans to plug up all routes to the cap. THere are only two flanks with long avenues, and I can see MGs easily decimating any advances. I don't know what would be the best way to go about preventing this, but just something to keep in mind.

Anyways, thanks for the map, and I look forward to seeing it develop!

Thank you for the feedback! it is much appreciated!

I thought i was giving the russians to much of an advantage at F huh.

Ill move the Germans back so the russians and germans are the same distance. Make the Cap-zone bigger and mess with the collision to make the buildings on the left leading toward F more maneuverable for a viable flank.

I also forgot to add enough cover nodes by the black building for the russians to get into it.

May add another cap between F and E because it is a pretty big space, But i think ill get more feedback before i do.

Also im a little curious did you play with bots?

Again i can't express enough how much i appreciate this.

Edit: i don't know if anyone took advantage of it, but the reason why there isn't much cover on the right is because i wanted to give the russians and the germans the ability to use the sniper rifles in long range. So the russians going to F can get some cover fire from a sniper 300m away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I forgot to mention another funky thing related to spawns - at least as a German, all spawns (1,2,3,4) are available the whole game, regardless of what cap zones are open. This allowed the Germans to spawn within 20 feet of the allied spawn if they wanted.

The match I played was with about 6 humans and 30ish bots on the TaT server if this helps.

I didn't get to see much of the first spawns unfortanately because the Russians steamrolled through them in the first 2 minutes, and I was too busy looking at the river. :eek:

Upvote 0
Latteh be careful when naming your map files.
Try to stick to a convention and be aware of caps!

Linux redirect servers are case sensitive.
So to get your map redirecting I needed to change the name of the UPK to all lower case.

Yes, I have a linux redirect and noticed this also.

Also, I seem to remember I had to change some syntax / caps on the attached config file.

Upvote 0
EDIT: Reverting back to B2 Found some problems with collision mesh's. One of the mesh's collision is blocking a path so it will break the gameplay of that area of the map. Sorry for any problems ill fix it as soon as i can.

Updated the level to B3

11/20/2012 B3
----------------------------

-added CD and FF gamemodes.

-made the river and terrain higher by the bridge

-Moved Axis spawn at F back, increase the capzone at F

-Changed some collision on the buildings to the left going to F

-Added more cover nodes to the black building by F for russians to get inside.

-Added some ammo in the warehouse by the bridge.

-Some performance increase's

-Added a proper overhead map

-Fixed Allies aerial recon animation not playing

-More detail in some areas.

Picture of the new overhead map:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The map is very promising. It looks great but there could be some changes. Objectives B&C seem very narrow and linear for the Russians, they have only 2 routes of attack (one for each objective) So the Germans have an pretty huge advantage over them. Espcially since you can just fire into any part of the square from the 2nd floor of their building.

The map could definitely benefit from more flanks, and routes. Maybe add in a sort of sewer/tunnel system for those objectives? The map looks great and I haven't gotten too much testing done one it with larger groups but I think it could benefit from the stuff I've mentioned above.

Upvote 0
The map is very promising. It looks great but there could be some changes. Objectives B&C seem very narrow and linear for the Russians, they have only 2 routes of attack (one for each objective) So the Germans have an pretty huge advantage over them. Espcially since you can just fire into any part of the square from the 2nd floor of their building.

The map could definitely benefit from more flanks, and routes. Maybe add in a sort of sewer/tunnel system for those objectives? The map looks great and I haven't gotten too much testing done one it with larger groups but I think it could benefit from the stuff I've mentioned above.

Thank you guys for playing my map :D

well i have a walkway from the bombed building (the red building that you have to take) into the hospital (green building) to flank and drive back the germans so they can take the square.

But it might not be working. ill try some different things with cover in the square.

Upvote 0