• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE - Climb Up

Spaehling

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Germany
www.spaehling.de
Update: 24.04.2014
No further Updates planned

Some Infos:
Mapname: TE - Climb Up
Version: 1.351
Attackers: Allies
Defenders: Axis
External Info: www.spaehling.de
Target: Allies needs to cap the Hill / All Artys
Special Thanks to: |DD|Thor,|DD|Mad-Fred, |DD|GrimReality,|DD|-Team, Danh, 11_Harley_11 (Custom Trees),[ICV]Hansstar, [ICV]Wolverine (Custom Trees), [HS]Romano, Twrecks & Drecks = Twix, BoH-Rekrut, Srindhalaya, Catalavos, Greathero, Poncho and <AKA>Saftnase,<AKA>-Team, [RGN]-Team and Roccat for Mouse Support.
and the Forum Community!

done 1.351 Beta:
- rebrewed

Changelog History:
Spoiler!

Known Bugs:
- some Trench Shadows are ugly

Downloads:
Spoiler!

Screenshots:
Check out Steam Workshop

Videos:

greetz Sp

Last edited:
BE SURE not to put beta and version numbers in the file name! It will only mess up user files once you update it to another version! With workshop there is no need to have version numbers anymore :p

yeah filename is still te-climbup. the number on the workshop is only in the title.

and for the gameplay of the map: i realized its to hard for allies to cap the first the areas. i'll change it!

Upvote 0
hey nezzer,

the stukas come down after a capzone (not all), if allies captured it. the positions are fixed at the moment, but i want to copy & paste some stukas and change the position a bit and put a random-trigger into kismet.

Like: 3 Planes came down, but 9 Planes exist. And every plane has a different random count. the timing is never the same.

Shrindhalaya told me to make a trigger for the commander. but iam still lazy to find my way through it. lots of other stuff to do :)

At the moment all Stukas you can see, are the plane i created. so my plan isnt finish yet.

and yeah they make damage to the player but the impact don't create and crater. i hope you can understand what i mean, my english isn't the best ^^

Upvote 0
The map is VERY bright, almost neon bright (you'll notice it most when you look at the trees and other players or your own arms), if there's any way to tone it down a bit, you should definitely think about tweaking that.

Otherwise it looks great, and from what I've tested with you it should play great too! We need to get Thor to put it in the DD rotation :)

Upvote 0
This map is totally unsuitable for the tank,its just a sitting duck,and i see no use for it at all.

yeah i was still at this point too. i think the arty is enough. and the map didnt look like i planned it at the beginning. so the tank isnt really usefull. i get it out next time.

@clambo
yeah the reinforcements fore the germans are still to low.

@all

i saw, that the bombs of the stukas dont go away after explosion and that the explosions comes more than onces. and i saw no damage. i need to check this out again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried this map bymyself today so I won't comment on difficulty or reinforcements just the style and things.

First of all, bravo! The map design is really unique and stylish at the same time :) I really like the push up a hill type maps, lots of trenches and cover, some higher up places too. And those stuka bombers and artillery pieces are amazing although the cues could use some work.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but the Mamayev pillboxes still have those blizzard sounding winds in them, seemed sort of off. The caps seem to turn over really quickly with just one guy in it and that makes sense for the amount of defense and cover the Germans get. This map seems like it'll be a favorite for me with some more polish and optimization ^_^.

One more thing, will we ever be able to enter this building? :3
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
hey,

first of all thanks man :). to your last question. the building is a static mesh, that hasn't a inlife. i don't planned to make it walkable inside, because i looking forward to a new small map, before i start studying. But if i got enough time i think about it and some tunnels of course.

yeah i got these sounds inside of mamayew bunkers. i played only a bit with the sounds and the cues atm. and your're right the cues needs some rework. iam on to it :)

Upvote 0
:)

We'll probably get this map going tomorrow. I'm cobbling together an .ini file for it. My assmption is that it should be categorized as combined arms?

[TE-Climbup ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Climbup
FriendlyName=Climbup
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

[Climbup ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=Climbup
FriendlyName=Climbup
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Gumrack>
Description=

Upvote 0