• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Stalingradkessel

Update Stalingradkessel (03/05/2013) :

Here is the update of Stalingradkessel, a little bit late because I don't have a server to test the map anymore :mad:. Anyway, here is the change log :

- added a way to get into the C cap without blowing the wall (it’s simply a great with a mantle cover node, no more dolphin jump like on R01 :D)
- adjusted respawn time and tickets for both team
- reworked lighting
- improved graphics (new static meshes instead of the old BSP building)
- added cover nodes

And that's all :IS2:.
For the download of the server/client files, it's here :

http://www.french-marine-corps.fr/index.php/telechargements/item/update-stalingrad-kessel-05-03-2013

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Update Stalingradkessel (03/20/2013) :

Another update, mainly there to correct the lighting and the CD :

- reworked lighting/post-process (no more blue walls :p)
- added cover nodes and fixed some
- increase capture time in CD for each point from 15s to 18s
- removed fog volumes added outside the map (I had some feedback asking to remove it, so we will see if others agree)
- moved several spawn and cap zone in CD : B cap zone moved in the german part of the warehouses.

And here is the link to download both client and server files (don't worry about the date it's the lastest version):

Upvote 0
Update Stalingradkessel (03/20/2013) :

Another update, mainly there to correct the lighting and the CD :

- reworked lighting/post-process (no more blue walls :p)
- added cover nodes and fixed some
- increase capture time in CD for each point from 15s to 18s
- removed fog volumes added outside the map (I had some feedback asking to remove it, so we will see if others agree)
- moved several spawn and cap zone in CD : B cap zone moved in the german part of the warehouses.

And here is the link to download both client and server files (don't worry about the date it's the lastest version):

Nice job! The lighting looks great :)

Upvote 0
Didn't you update this map just the other day?

when is the TWI map pack coming out. The constant need to re download custom maps has killed the player base here in Australia.

I know there is a need to always improve maps, but be mindful if you are changing every week.

Most of the updates are for testing purposes. You should stick to one if you don't want to download the later ones. As we get closer to finalizing, there will be more versions.

Upvote 0
It is true that updating hurts the player base but I am not sure what we can do about it. There are a few options but they aren't the best such as not hosting custom maps, or hosting old versions that everyone has, or hosting a select few. I know it is rough on servers and populations due to the constant updates and downloads. I try to update Winterwald just once a week but I know other mappers try to do the same but in the end it means 7 maps to download a week and that can take a toll. My suggestion is to hold out until the updating is over. Use old versions or just host your favorite maps only until the map pack comes.

Upvote 0
Sorry was just in a grumpy mood.

As the good Pariah has said, the downloading of custom maps has been the killer of the Aussie / NZ server. However players will be back as they are a very very fickle bunch.

Question about keeping the older versions, how does that work if players have subscribed to your map through the SteamJerkShop ?

Upvote 0
If you have a redirect, then it won't really interfere. They can have both versions. The only maps that will cause problems are maps that have the same name for all versions (having a redirect will fix this) or have separate packages that go with the map (redirect may or may not fix this).

Upvote 0