• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Stalingradkessel

I suggest that when you change the map name from B2 to B3, you also change the props file to Props_Stalingradkessel_B3.upk, that way you will have a different file name in the cache.
We shall use this method for B4.

Waiting to upgrade B2 to B3 Delete all the files of the old versions of Stalingrad Kessel (The files of game server and The files of serveur rerouting:props_Stalingradkessel.upk + TE-Stalingradkessel_BXXX) before installation of files B3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We shall use this method for B4.

Waiting to upgrade B2 to B3 Delete all the files of the old versions of Stalingrad Kessel (The files of game server and The files of serveur rerouting:props_Stalingradkessel.upk + TE-Stalingradkessel_BXXX) before installation of files B3

This means you can't use steam workshop. Steam workshop does not delete the old files when there is a new package update. Suppose your old package contains:

• MyMap_B3.roe
  • MyAssets_B3.upk
And your new package contains:

• MyMap_B4.roe
  • MyAssets_B4.upk
Then all that did subscribe to your first package and then get the updated package will have:

• MyMap_B3.roe
  • MyMap_B4.roe
  • MyAssets_B3.upk
  • MyAssets_B4.upk
I don't think you will make friends with such an update.

Upvote 0
Can't he delete the older files manually?I am more concerned with the cache files possibly stopping people from joining a server. He may only have to rename the assets file this one time,that way anybody with the older files in their cache will be able to play without have to clean it out themselves.

That makes sense but also changing name back to just TE-Stalingradkessel will do the same thing as all his map versions had numbers in the file name.

Upvote 0
If players have used the cache extractor on the old files, then those old files will be sitting outside the cache and will become known to the clients as soon as they open RO2. If they then connect to a server with newer files on the redirect, then RO2 will not load those newer files in the cache, because it already believes that those files are present.
If players do download them now over the steam workshop, then those newer files will be placed outside the cache too. In this case the player will get 2 versions of the same file outside the cache. He will get an "Ambiguous file" error the next time he starts RO2 and it's undefined if he can connect to a server that runs this map or not.

Upvote 0
Well something needs to be done as this map just emptied a full 64 player server of ours tonight.
Just 4 players managed to rejoin after the map was started.
Its not happening with any other map on workshop.
Bridges, ogdelow and winterwald are all on 4 of our 6 servers and no issues at all.

I can only think this is a cache conflict?

:confused: Not quite sure what is the root cause. When I loaded it on one of our servers, the first thing I did was clean out all other previous files for it. Then I blew out not only the cache, but the entire /my games/Red Orchestra 2/ folder to force it to regenerate. Nevertheless, I could not get the map to start without error. I'd sure like to get this one back in, but can't do so in it's current state.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, but I won't release an update until the end of the week, but this time I will put the .props on the steam workshop with the map (I'll try to put b4 at the end of the props).

I really hope you won't. Those b4's aren't required if the steam workshop is used. Adding them will result in multiple versions remaining on the players PC simply because the steam workshop doesn't delete the older files when it downloads an update. Even if you unsubscribe, then the files will not get deleted. It might be working for now, but it's shifting problems to a later point on the time line.

Upvote 0
I really hope you won't. Those b4's aren't required if the steam workshop is used. Adding them will result in multiple versions remaining on the players PC simply because the steam workshop doesn't delete the older files when it downloads an update. Even if you unsubscribe, then the files will not get deleted. It might be working for now, but it's shifting problems to a later point on the time line.

Ok then, we will see this week-end :)

Upvote 0
Update of the map :

- changed the first russian spawn to be more centered.
- added the interior of the "arch building" near the first russian spawn in order to counter-balance the german position in the building between cap zone C & D.
- added details to the cap-zone B.
- CD (countdown) version of the map available.​

You'll find the TE version available on the workshop but you can also go on our website in order to get the CD version and the server files (CD and TE)

http://www.french-marine-corps.fr/index.php/telechargements/item/stalingrad-kessel-upgrade-vb4

Upvote 0
Up and Running Fine on CLOWNS HEROES SERVER also. Is it just me or are all the maps dead except Ogeldow and now Stalingradkessel???

I'm getting the usual error for all Custom maps but these two since November 9th so I'm assuming they all need to be RECOOKED to work after some released patches over last couple weeks. I think two have come out one on November 2 and again on November 9. Anyone else having this issue or could you answer what Customs are RECOOKED and working as of today??? TIA.

Upvote 0