• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.

11_HARLEY_11

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Hi all,

The 15th June version of 'Bridges of Druzhina' TE is in the links below.

Change log:
-Now compatible with RS.
-Water in rivers now slows players down. (as requested by many)
-Spawn protection and Arty protection has been added and enlarged to reduce spawn killing. (sorry to those who aren't fans)
-Overhead map now shows cap area outlines.
-general bug fixes for the upcoming MCP.

TE Player file (GAMEFRONT)
UPDATE
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23467976/TE_Bridges_of_Druzhina_player__7z

TE Server file (GAMEFRONT)
UPDATE
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23467994/TE_Bridges_of_Druzhina_server__7z

Mirror:

TE Player file (MediaFire)
UPDATE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dt13ux7pk8mceoe/TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina(player).7z

TE Server file (MediaFire)
UPDATE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x3mdw21si4og5sh/TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina(server).7z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog: Carried over changes from TE version.

CD Player file (GAMEFRONT)
UPDATE
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23489791/CD_Bridges_of_Druzhina_player__7z

CD Server file (GAMEFRONT)
UPDATE
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23489811/CD_Bridges_of_Druzhina_server__7z

Mirror:

CD Player file (MediaFire)
UPDATE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7iscxr7ltmivt7/CD-Bridges_of_Druzhina(player).7z

CD Server file (MediaFire)
UPDATE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12r1rx05rk0nj2j/CD-Bridges_of_Druzhina(server).7z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam Works TE version
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106567418

Steam Works CD version
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110522814

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

B8 Changlelog:

Double up on Squad leader1 on Russian side fixed.

Other small tidy ups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
B7 Changelog:

-red spawn protection screens of 'no death' fixed.

-rear north woods cap is bigger

-covernodes now working in windows at new Building at K

-CD version added.

-small bugs etc

known issue - tank crew not spawning properly and kicking the commander out of position when they do.
This is repeatable on other maps as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

B6: changelog:

-Bridges can only be capped from the top.
-German spawn time is shorter. (still longer than the Russians but not by much)
-More windows opened up (School, Final Cap)
-MG and AT placement much better in those windows and others. (cover nodes in general are improved but still a few that refuse to cooperate)
-AT gear pickups here and there with 1:30 min respawn time.
-Tank spawn timer is now a 1 minute wait. (So tread carefully tread heads)
-The area behind H where the tank likes to cuddle up to is more accessible for AT and engineers.
-German spawn protection on the flanks for the first 5 caps.
-K cap is bigger, with an extra building included.
-prone disabled under water.

-Final cap should be more of a challenge for the Russians, with cap shape changed and more windows to fire from for the Germans. Capping under the bridge was way too easy.

-lots more little things you may or may not notice. :p

Duration 50+ min.

----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Features:
New original models/assets made by me including;
Trees x 2
cluster of cheap trees
Outskirt Tree/terrain
tree stump
fern plant
3d grass
large stone bridge
ground textures x 4
logs long and short
building exteriors and interiors (using TW textures mostly)
new trench with wood lining
rubble pile with bricks.
I think that's it. :)

Please feel free to use any of the assets in the map in your RO2 maps, just give me credit if you do. :) I do not give permission for them to be used in other games or mods for other games.

ScreenShot00022.jpg

Trench01_Harley.jpg

Woods01_Harley-1.jpg

Woods02_Harley.jpg

Woods03_Harley.jpg

Town01_Harley.jpg

Town02_Harley.jpg

Building01_Harley.jpg

Town03_Harley.jpg

BIG THANKS to:
Leo,
Lord Gleedo,
Drecks,
Wolverine,
Six-Ten,
Catalavos,
BOH-Rekrut,
Xendance,

for answering my nooby questions and brilliant help in general.

Last edited:
awesome map
perfect for long distance combat and short.
but both teams need more reinforcements,
especially the Russians, if you want them to get to the last point
It is also bloodbath for them until they reach the city (dont change it i like it)

Tanks would also be very good here. But if you implement them, you should make tanks not abel to go through the water but some anti-tank blocks on the birges that the enginers need to destroy. That would awesome

Upvote 0
Really impressive, a few display problem when you select spawn in allies (some spawn point are behind ennemy line on the map but you spawn where you should)

Arty can be shot nearly the spawn zone (a few meters)

A few rare windows can not be climbed.

sorry i didn't take screenshots I will try to take some next time I play it.

Really good beta1 hope to see some improvements during time :)

Upvote 0
Indeed an impressive custom map. It reminds me of both Ostfront and Darkest Hour in scope and feel. I think I'm in love. :eek: I think this map is also a prime candidate for more immersive, less limiting combined arms game play if you ever choose to add tanks.

Some quick thoughts and feedback on my first run through of the map.

More reinforcements are definitely going to be needed for this map to compensate the attacker's push, large map size and numerous cap zones. More reinforcements for both teams, favoring the Russians.

The first two caps need to be moved back a bit. The Germans can't move much farther beyond this point below (which is good in my opinion; They need to focus on defense)...

Spoiler!

But the caps are ridiculously close to the initial Russian spawn, essentially making them a hand-out as they can walk in almost uncontested and taking little to no casualties. Should be moved back a bit (Perhaps G3, H3) in that they get a little more resistance and feels like caps that are earned with fighting.

I like the wide trenches you created but having one on each side of the bridge isn't sufficient and just bunches up the Germans into a predictable area who have to already vie for cover. I highly suggest creating a trench system for both sides of the bridge approach similar to the trenches used in Pavlov's House and Mamayev Kurgan.

It'll be more dynamic and useful for both teams. Initially for the Germans as proper defensive start and for the Russians, once they take the bridge approaches, to cover their infantry crossing the bridge and river. It'll make fighting less predictable and realistically, makes more sense terrain-wise.

I would love to see each side perhaps get a tank for some combined arms action. The roads in the village are wide enough but there is sufficient cover for engineers to take out tanks up close. Teams really need to coordinate on this one to keep their tank alive.

With the addition of tanks you can also put up tank traps and hedgehog traps on the bridges and roads for Engineers to take out for the tanks to advance.

If we had light tanks and/or panzerfausts/panzershrecks I would have suggested a tank for the Russians only and AT equipment for the Germans. Perhaps down the line in the future when such assets are made available.

There are some missing covernodes on the first bridge, right side. Pictures below. Also, you can't vault over the sandbags in front of K cap zone.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Not sure if it is possible but the river needs some wading sounds and splashes and more importantly - slow down the player speed. The river and bridges will only convey the tough job of capturing a bridge if it truly slows down advancement. Give the river life and purpose by slowing down player speed when wading through to the other side. It'll demand much more respect for that portion of the map. Nothing ridiculously slow, but something that is believable.

The cap structures for F and G seem out-of-place for something that is out on the edge of the forest. The structures you're using there resemble a garage/depot structure, in the last two cap zones you have the same structure but it makes a lot more sense to see them there in town by the roads - It's believable.

By the edge of the forest it's not though, they stand out too much. Perhaps you can instead replace them at F & G caps with a ruined structure of some kind? Maybe ruined bunkers that were hit by artillery? It would be a much more viable structure for that portion of the map and it would be much more believable to see it there, considering the context of the game.

There are two radios basically right on top of each other in the building by the Fountain cap. There isn't another radio from that point on until the end of the map on the German side of the bridge. I suggest you remove one of them from there and place it somewhere in between both said cap zones. Maybe around the Offices or D8 area.

Some issues at the end of the map terrain wise. The sidewalk issue by the German side of the final bridge sticks out like a sore thumb.

Spoiler!

More importantly the building on the right side across the river loses it wall and becomes transparent.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

That's all I got for now. I'll try to convince the server I normally play on to add it to the rotation. Would love to test this map out properly with real players. Great job, and looking forward to future iterations.

Upvote 0
Those ground/watersurface textures are amazing, Harley. :eek: You've done an amazing job here.

>Kaizer: I agree with you on all your points (particularly on the objective placement and trenches), but I think that adding tanks to a heavily-forested map like this might not be feasible performance-wise if all of the trees are to be destructible. And even if they were destroyable by tanks, it would be sort of awkward to allow the tanks to roam around the woods and remove all of the cover for the infantry. There would have to be some way of preventing the tanks from driving to that part of the map. As for the movement speed in water, I've tried to implement a similar thing in a map I'm working on, but it seems that such a thing isn't possible to do with the SDK unless one is willing to go into the code and create a custom "slow-down" volume from there.

Upvote 0
The map is working good but we had a problem on our server at a moment, some people who played the map before couldn't join, with this error: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc...A96D75620D5564A820CD27D/1024x640.resizedimage

People who had the problem (most of the people on the server before playing the map again) were both people who downloaded with the ro2 downloader tool AND people redirected within game.

We tested with a changemap to swith again your map but it was the same couldn't join the server, people only successfully join after a server restart.

maybe a random error, or error linked to your map but the problem was only with your map.

Played with no problem the rest of the time on my server or tat server with near 60 people :)

PS: resupply crates are not all functional, the one on the first bridge doesn't work and have no collision, the one on the F cap doesn't work, and some other don't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played this with some bots. Damn, what a beautiful map. Fantastic job, Harley! Reminds me a lot of DH. Kaizer already said almost everything I had to say, but I have some things to add:

-Germans should get like 500 reinforcements and the Russians like 700. Have to run a few tests on crowded servers to make it spot on.

-Some tanks would also be nice, maybe two for the Russians and one for the Germans (I think two PzIVs on defence would make it a massacre for the Russians).

-I also noticed there's no artillery, you could add some mortars and howitzer, but I wouldn't add rockets.

-The first caps are just too close to the Russian spawn, like Kaizer said.

-Some caps also have no letters. It might look irrelevant, but could be important for communication.

-I think you should reduce the fog a little. Couldn't see anyone past 200m. It's a pretty open map and would be great for long-range fighting, but this heavy fog makes it much harder to see, especially for snipers, who can't stay far back.

Overall, I think it's the best custom map I've seen so far for RO2, and most other maps are great, so you really made an oustanding job here! I hope to see more maps coming from you, you must be very talented. Someone please get this map on a server, preferably on FJg!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.