• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note, I played this again on an aussie server with 32 players last night. We had a surprising number of complaints!

The Russians never got passed the trenches, and that lead to much frustration on that side. There needs to be more incentive for the SLs to work together, to get as much smoke out on the field as possible. Also the spawns after capturing A/B should probably be moved up to those logs, to lower the amount of thinking the attackers have to do when managing stamina (don't want to overheat their brains do we now?).

Also, it really shows the need for halftracks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for this map Harley, it is my favorite map so far, i even made this account just so i could thank you.

Just a few things, i played a game the other night on the Aussie Server (With SQBsam) and as the russians we couldn't even hold C or D for more than a minute before losing back to the germans. I think the russians could really benefit from a tank in this level (Or a halftrack/APC when they are available) as rolling armor would really help the russians out without making it too easy, i think the terrain/cover is already pretty good.
Also the last objective (The Bridge) feels a bit incomplete after taking it, I know this map already has alot of caps to it but it always feels like i need to capture that one last German building to finish the map. Not sure if this is just me.

Also saw a few missing cover nodes. And a few windows around the fountain cap could not be jumped through. This is my first time posting so the images may not upload. If not i can send you them through steam.

This is an amazing map and you should be very proud of the work you've done

Attachments

• 2012-07-31_00006.jpg
    2012-07-31_00006.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-07-31_00007.jpg
    2012-07-31_00007.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-07-31_00008.jpg
    2012-07-31_00008.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
:eek:

I've just been informed this behavior is a known phenomenon. Guess we've been lucky. I'm going to see what I can do deal with it. No further comment on this
is needed here.

Yeah sorry about this. A work around seems to be to not have my map after another custom map, at least that's what some admins including TW have discovered. We're looking into it what it could be...maybe it'll be miraculously fixed in the next build. fingers crossed.

Just a note, I played this again on an aussie server with 32 players last night. We had a surprising number of complaints!
The Russians never got passed the trenches, and that lead to much frustration on that side. There needs to be more incentive for the SLs to work together, to get as much smoke out on the field as possible. Also the spawns after capturing A/B should probably be moved up to those logs, to lower the amount of thinking the attackers have to do when managing stamina (don't want to overheat their brains do we now?).

Hopefuly this will all be easier in the next version. I've added more undulation to the terrain which should help. The trick though is smoke (like you said) and moving low from crater to crater. The only ones doing any shooting should be MGs and the Sniper, the rest should be moving low and ninja like. But like I said this will be much easier with more craters that I'm adding now.
New version coming in the next day or so - with a crap load more reinforcments. Russian Tank may not make it in the next version as I need to learn how to add them properly and test it.

btw does anyone have any info for me on how many respawns the russian tank should have? How long between respawns etc? I don't play as a tanker so this info would be really helpful.

everytime i try and download from server when i connect to it it gets to 5.5% and then it says something like file not found or whatever. It wont finish the download.

I'll put up a mirror link shortly. Hopefully it'll be better.
I'm trying the DL now as well and it's super slow....3 hours. :(
Can anyone recommend another DL host?

Upvote 0
What happened was this: Upon connection to the initial "custom map" connection page, it became apparent that the connection was timing out. So I would hit the F10 key to abort. Upon doing that, an error message would a appear describing a failure of the program to find one or more elements of a "Package" file.

The problem isn't with this map. It happens on other custom maps too, and Tripwire is aware and working to fix it.

Upvote 0

You just have to learn the map as a Russian to successfully capture points C and D (trenches). It took me a couple rounds to figure out the strategy. If you learn where the ridges ditches and shell indents are you can belly crawl almost the entire way with only a couple short sprints. It's also easier to cap C first and setup a defensive position then sprint quickly over to D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome map! Very tense and a nice mix of everything. Punishing for the first few times when you just run ahead without thinking and very rewarding once you get into the groove.

I would appreciate one or two additional resupply points though so that you don't run out of smoke considering the length of the map.

Also, at least on the right flank there is an area where when you try to shoot in the direction of the german lines the bullets get stopped in mid air as if there's ground there or smth. It's around the floating trees.

Upvote 0
Looking forward to trying this with people!

FYI, I loaded towards the end of a round as German and got stuck in the ground near the last objectives. Took some screenies to show where it is...

Overhead map for where I am

Looking back towards the bridge

Looking south/southeast

But at that position I was stuck and could only hip fire my primary weapon...couldn't even go to iron sights!

Like I said, this looks awfully pretty however and I try to round up some humans to try out this map...

Upvote 0
Looking forward to trying this with people!

FYI, I loaded towards the end of a round as German and got stuck in the ground near the last objectives. Took some screenies to show where it is...

Overhead map for where I am

Looking back towards the bridge

Looking south/southeast

But at that position I was stuck and could only hip fire my primary weapon...couldn't even go to iron sights!

Like I said, this looks awfully pretty however and I try to round up some humans to try out this map...

Muhhahaha you fell for my Krazy Hip shoot'n quick sand sink hole trap! :D

I've got a new version cooking now so I won't get to fix that til' next iteration. Thanks for the screens, helps a lot.

Upvote 0
Nice changelog, but I think giving only the Russians a tank might make it a bit too hard for the Germans. If they at least had some AT cannons it could've worked better, but with only AT rifles and engineers, I don't think they can do much damage to the tank. Well, I haven't played this new version yet on a full server, we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Forgot to make my suggestion. I would give the Russians two tanks and the Germans one. I believe it'd be much more balanced this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.