• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can i install this map ? i dont see the instruccions...

I have to put it in a directory of the game ?

Thanks !

Best to go to the community tab in steam them click Steam Works, find the RO2 section then look for 'Bridges of Druzhina' and hit the big green 'subscribe' button, it will Download automatically when you launch the game. This way when I update the map it will DL it for you every time without having to worry about it yourself. :)

Upvote 0
How about adding more scatted cover in the middle, in front and behind the bridge?

I see the smart players go camp on the upmost flanks of the map and mow everyone down in the middle (that is in essential bare terrain with no bushes, cover, or whatsoever) that try to cap the bridge.

The map unintentionally is about the ''who camps on the unflankable (because of map boundaries) flanks first'' than rather about capping the objectives.

Upvote 0
Best to go to the community tab in steam them click Steam Works, find the RO2 section then look for 'Bridges of Druzhina' and hit the big green 'subscribe' button, it will Download automatically when you launch the game. This way when I update the map it will DL it for you every time without having to worry about it yourself. :)

Thanks Harley, I'll do it !!

Upvote 0
Hey Harley, first thanks for the update on the map.

Tested offline a few windows i have reported witht he AT and they seems to work now, we finally can deploy ( didn't had time to test the MG for now tho ), the most important ones to cover the sides against the tank seems ok on my little testing, tanks a lot.

Noticed few things, on what seems to be the new small house you added( unless i'm half blind and start to be deficient i don't recall have ever seen this one before ), with the AT rifle i can't deploy on them from the inside, funny is i can deploy on the ground level window but from outside the house only :D :
[url=http://

Upvote 0
Hey Harley, first thanks for the update on the map.
No worries :)
yeah those two windows!! I just couldn't get to work on the inside (drove me crazy) I have covernodes there which I deleted, replaced, deleted, replaced. rebuild etc but still wouldn't work. I had to get this version up so had to leave it til I had more time to sort it out.

As you said previously about the trees "The one standing straight up though should have collision turned on though ...", well the one i reported previously still doesn't seems have it too ( maybe there is a good reason for this i don't know ):
lol I actually did it but I was having some scene crashes/corruption due to a covernode deleting problem. And had to revert to a much earlier backup, had to redo a lot of stuff and I forgot to redo those. There's nothing like having to do things twice. :rolleyes:

there is a couple of them on the left side next the road that seems to have no blocking volumes at all, one more on the left have it, allowing player to go prone on it, same thing with one on the right side, took some screenshots of myself prone on them :

It's deliberate, the ones without blocking volumes are closer to the ground and don't need them imo. (not worth risking bots etc getting caught on them) The two that do are higher off the ground so they have them and going prone on them is a neat little bonus.
:)

Upvote 0
I played the version 6 only once but the final bridge objective seemed way too difficult for the Russians to cap because the cap zone only covers about half of the bridge. Does it include any ground beyond that? I feel like bridge-only capzones was enough of a change without removing half of the zone for Russians.

Upvote 0
Tank spawning bugs - even more.

The map has always had a weird spawn bug with Tank Crewman when team tanking. The crewman doesn't spawn with the tank, and the commander has to drive the tank to the resupply point to get them to spawn in. That's how it's been.

The latest version adds a new bug to this. When the crewman spawns in, they take the driver position, which despawns the tank commander. After about a minute (respawn time?), the tank commander respawns back in the tank, but in the LOADER position (or at least behind the loader). You can't do anything. Then after another minute (or possibly getting to the next resupply), you spawn into the commander position.

A work around is to NOT take the driver position, and "drive" from the commander position. When the crewman spawns in at the resupply (even though he should have spawnd with the tank), they spawn into the driver, and the commander stays in the tank.

Upvote 0

The map has always had a weird spawn bug with Tank Crewman when team tanking. The crewman doesn't spawn with the tank, and the commander has to drive the tank to the resupply point to get them to spawn in. That's how it's been.

The latest version adds a new bug to this. When the crewman spawns in, they take the driver position, which despawns the tank commander. After about a minute (respawn time?), the tank commander respawns back in the tank, but in the LOADER position (or at least behind the loader). You can't do anything. Then after another minute (or possibly getting to the next resupply), you spawn into the commander position.

A work around is to NOT take the driver position, and "drive" from the commander position. When the crewman spawns in at the resupply (even though he should have spawnd with the tank), they spawn into the driver, and the commander stays in the tank.

Cheers mate, looking into this now.

Upvote 0
Ok so I just repeated this same problem on the new Barashka map in a LAN game with a friend.

At first I couldn't spawn as crewman at all (floating camera) so had to spawn as rifleman then pick crewman and it worked but...it kicked my friend out of the commander role and they were just a static camera in the sky.

Has anyone else had this problem on other maps since the patch?

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I've updated the OP with new links to server and player files for the latest update to Bridges of Druzhina.
Also links for the first CD version.

I'll be uploading to Steam Works shortly.

:)

Thanks 11_HARLEY_11.

Uploading to server / redirect now.

Thanks again for all the hard work. Appreciated.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.