• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first four caps are a great training tool for learning what "cover"really means, and how to move on an open battlefield.

There are heaps of tiny folds in the ground that provide complete protection from both observation and fire. If you move by tactical bounds, you should be able to make fairly steady progress even without smoke - provided your marksman and tank can keep the German MGs under control.

Tactical bound means you prone in a hollow, then crouch-sprint about 5 paces, go prone again and crawl into the next hollow. Keeping the sprint really short is vital so you are never visible for long enough for the enemy to aim and fire (plus it helps preserve stamina and therefore speed). The last bit is also important as otherwise the enemy sees you drop, then stand up again in the same spot - you don't want this!

Last one, no doubt you are already doing this, but never take a bound if there are bullets hitting the lip of your current hollow or passing close overhead. If the enemy is already firing in your vicinity, his spot-to-shoot time will be much quicker and you'll be dead by the time you finish getting up.

Upvote 0
@N3Burgener

THere are trenches that will get you safely to the first 4 flags 90% of the time they are on the left and right side of the road, right side is safest I would guess.

That should fix your problem on the first flags.

@Harley:

I hope you might change the squad layout back to standard. In squad 1 there were two squadleaders with full SL functionality. That makes no sense to me personally, and as I typed in the coldsteel map, with the best two new maps destroying the already cumbersome squadsystem further, I have currently stopped playing because I don't see teamwork improving but only getting worse, and it becomes more and more difficult to get it going myself. I feel changing the squads is balancing the map at the cost of teamwork and clarity.

Wish you the best of luck, it is still an awesome map, I'm still a big fan of all community content and the way TWI is supporting this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played 2 rounds yesterday on 40-1's Classic server and I had a blast. Also played some rounds on Realism servers earlier. I must say it's a great map. There are some things I noticed though:

1) There might be a bug in the spawn selection on the Russian side. I cannot test it atm because my graphics card just died and I'm on my laptop until I get it RMA'd or something but I'll describe it here and someone else might be able to confirm this. Here's the thing: I was playing as a Russian on Classic and when I selected the 1st rifleman position on the 2nd squad, I spawned with German equipment (K98 rifle and stick grenades). I don't think that should be happening.

2) I got killed quite often in the Allied spawn or in it's direct proximity while exiting. Not exactly fun. This is most applicable on the spawns in the fields before entering the town. The Germans are able to shoot with MG's and rifle's from the higher buildings on the outskirts of the town straight down the fields.

Other than that, it's a great map. The change of environments is really great and the objectives all have an unique feel to it. It's also great to see the infantry advancing through the terrain from cover to cover, behind the tanks, through the smoke and with bullets whizzing by. It feels awesome. It has a really good war-llike atmosphere and tactical gameplay is encouraged, which is great. Keep it up!

Upvote 0
Great map indeed! My only complaint,(besides minor balancing issues) is river. If something could be done to slow down movement while in water. It would also be nice, to add possibility for players to drown, when prone for a long time.(this is secondary of course). It would be good for realism... or if impossible, maybe remove river completely?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great map indeed! My only complaint,(besides minor balancing issues) is river. If something could be done to slow down movement while in water. It would also be nice, to add possibility for players to drown, when prone for a long time.(this is secondary of course). It would be good for realism... or if impossible, maybe remove river completely?

I rather like the river! Right now, I

Upvote 0
Best map of the game. Period. I played yesterday on a 40-1 classic server. I hope that this map can become official because it is absolutely stunning. Maybe need some changes for timing, from russian we played very well but we didn't reach the last 4 cap because time was running out.

Have you talked with Tripwire to "sell" your map to them? :D Official!

Upvote 0
Best map of the game. Period. I played yesterday on a 40-1 classic server. I hope that this map can become official because it is absolutely stunning. Maybe need some changes for timing, from russian we played very well but we didn't reach the last 4 cap because time was running out.

Have you talked with Tripwire to "sell" your map to them? :D Official!

I believe he is entering it to the map contest of which he can win good stuff and TWI is offering $30,000 in prize money. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just played this for the first time tonight on the 40-1 classic server. This is exactly the kind of map that I love to play. Any map designers out there should take inspiration from what you have achieved with this map, because it plays beautifully. It is a grinder of a battle, and there is so much scope for tactical movement for either side. And on top of that, it is the first time I have seen public players actively joining in the public communications for tactics purpose. That alone made this map more enjoyable than all of the other maps I have played in RO2 to date.

Only thing I would ask you to reconsider at the moment, is taking out the time limit on the map or extending the time limit by 20 minutes more, as the map usually ends before the reinforcements are out, and Allies have not been near the end caps. The town area I have played in so far, looks as if it will play fantastic too.

A mighty well done for you efforts to date.

Upvote 0
Only thing I would ask you to reconsider at the moment, is taking out the time limit on the map or extending the time limit by 20 minutes more, as the map usually ends before the reinforcements are out, and Allies have not been near the end caps. The town area I have played in so far, looks as if it will play fantastic too.

A mighty well done for you efforts to date.

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. I'll be making the next version longer, for sure. Having said that, if you join us on the Aussie/Nz server you'll often see the Russians win it with 5 minutes to spare. But that's great commanders, SL's and communication for ya. ;)

This may have been posted before but I get a small visual bug (black line) around my character/weapon/objects when looking at the river.

yeah it's an ugly one, but couldn't get rid of it I'm afraid. It's the nature of the material I made to get the look of the water. You have to try and ignore it. The fact that I can't drown people under it is more disconcerting to me. ;)

Upvote 0
Not sure if it's a problem with your map (or if it hasn't been reported), but here's a bug I've found and documented.

I often fall through rough terrain when I'm prone in areas before the town. Not only it is very annoying and dangerous (falling through caused me to throw an unpinned nade/satchel I held a couple of times), it is open to exploits like this:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/Nerdator123/fallingthroughbug.jpg

(~350k. If it isn't clear enough, the shot was taken from the last ravine before the C trench)

Upvote 0
This is the best map in RO2...

Sorry I can't resist

With so many custom and stock maps the weather can work against you.
Spartanovka and Mamayev do a god job of daytime and nighttime environments (just barely with the later).

But in late afternoon / sunset environments every now and then I find glare or some kind of skybox weather effect distorting my vision. [Graphic setting just shy of max]

I still think the late afternoon setting is the best, just that RO2's graphics work against against you.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.