• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Gumrakstation

Yes its posible to win.

But if you asked the 64 players I played with last night, thru two campaigns, they would say NO.
We played it at least 6-7 times during the two Campaigns and only once made it to the last two caps.
But we had no reinforcements left to take them.
And that's how its been just about every day or night of the week for the past 3 months for me,
playing with all the regulars you find on the "2FJg servers

The problem or rather beauty of this map if you like.
Is that it forces the defenders too defend, and also very effectively. Sounds strange perhaps.
Well its simple really. Defenders have to move up to the front of the cap in order to shoot.
If they move outside, its either in front of the cap, or to the sides.
And that's really the most effective way to setup defense on any map.

Its also much easier for the defending SL to stay alive longer.
Not forgetting defenders are able to run back to the cap with little risk.
Yes there are good flanking possibilities, but its a long and dangerous walk to the other side.
And by the time you get there, you've already on the way of loosing the cap you took.
And when that happens two or 3 times, the Attackers loose momentum and reinforcements.

Check out the picture and see how easy it is for defenders to stack the cap.
If you look at the map from this perspective its obvious that C & D becomes a choking point.
Even "free weekend players" will move up and stay inside the cap instead of running around like headless chickens.

We could try to ask the question in the general forum: Who's winning the most on Gumrakstation. Axis or Allies.

I feel confident the answer will be at least 70/30 if favor of the defenders.

Attachments

• Gumrakstation.jpg
    Gumrakstation.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look at the picture I posted.
It does not represents the average game at all, but its a good indication how easy it is for the defenders to stack the cap.

Like I said. The beauty of it, is that it happens naturally.
Because the defenders are more or less "forced" to move towards the capzone.
And as soon as they cross the street behind C & D their back in the fight and inside the cap.
And this makes retaking far too easy.

This is why I suggest the cap on C & D is locked when they are captured.

It will still be hard as hell to win, and I love that :eek:

Upvote 0
This map is universally hated whenever it comes up for the attackers. Capping just the first couple zones is wayyy harder than one would think. The biggest problem I've seen is with tactics more than map design honestly though. Game after game germans just try to push straight up the middle, not even bothering to use the extreme flanks of the maps to infiltrate the trenches and clear them out.

I would only recommend more cover between the trenches and german spawn, and easier, more inviting access to the flanks with heavier cover to get people to think of it being safer.

Upvote 0