• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Arad 2 (Beta3)

@ Le0, yes I did add the actor. But now I see whats happening! Just like the other problems we're having ( I.e. radios, spawns, cameras. You can now add "destructibles" to that list. If the server is right they work, and if not, like mikes and I , then they don't work.

Oh well! Same chit different day!:rolleyes:

Only the fences around the large outcrops of rock are not destructable.Everything else seems ok.

ScreenShot00009-1.jpg

ScreenShot00011-1.jpg

ScreenShot00006-2.jpg

ScreenShot00004.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found the destructible items a bit to difficult to destruct. Well not like destructible bits in the stock maps. In the stock maps those telegraph poles snap like twigs when you run them over. My tank seems to labor a bit when smashing them, which is all good and fine, but the labors seems a bit unreal, it is like a lagging feeling.

No drama though.

Also anyone else not able to respawn after you die ? The install on my server Aussie / NZ requires you to change class to respawn.

Again not a major drama but if there is any easy fix, someone let me know.

I totally shat myself when I first played. I was in a Russian tank and came up over a hill to be faced by 6 Axis tanks in formation (bots). They were like daleks those grey bastards !

Upvote 0
... I totally shat myself when I first played. I was in a Russian tank and came up over a hill to be faced by 6 Axis tanks in formation (bots). They were like daleks those grey bastards !

Those bots are fairly decent tankers!

I had trouble only once I think with a pole, and I barely tapped it and it didn't do anything. Lack of momentum?

Other than a couple of fences near rock formations, most everything else was smooth crushing...

Upvote 0
I would just like to add two things, first that the not respawning issue was only on the 50Pc of TaT server and not on any of the other servers I have tried this map on.

The second would be the flight path/speed of the Russian recon plane. Do you have any control over that? I mean it appears the plane has the speed of a P51 Mustang and at some points in the map it looks like it hits some severe turbulance and drops several hundred feet in altitude. I know it is only visual, but I was just wondering.

Upvote 0
I would just like to add two things, first that the not respawning issue was only on the 50Pc of TaT server and not on any of the other servers I have tried this map on.

The second would be the flight path/speed of the Russian recon plane. Do you have any control over that? I mean it appears the plane has the speed of a P51 Mustang and at some points in the map it looks like it hits some severe turbulance and drops several hundred feet in altitude. I know it is only visual, but I was just wondering.

Yes i do have control over the speed. however, if i slow it down anymore, it will take forever to finish it cycle being the map is so big. Keep in mind it does make few passes before its gone.

here is a picture of the flight path. black spot is starting point, and as it flies through enemy area it does slow down a bit. i just don't want that thing flying around for 30 min lol. ill see what i can do with it to improve it. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, we had serveral issues with the map.

From failure to respawn, to texture (or skin) issues with commanders that were out of the hatch.

I saw a bad case of rubber banding going on with one of the bot tanks.

Spoiler!

Rubber banding location. The tank would hit the little house on the left, get about 10m from it and rubber band back to the house. He eventually got free.
Spoiler!

Would running the other Arad2 map as well possibly be causing a conflict?

Upvote 0
Yeah, we had serveral issues with the map.

From failure to respawn, to texture (or skin) issues with commanders that were out of the hatch.

I saw a bad case of rubber banding going on with one of the bot tanks.

Spoiler!

Rubber banding location. The tank would hit the little house on the left, get about 10m from it and rubber band back to the house. He eventually got free.
Spoiler!

Would running the other Arad2 map as well possibly be causing a conflict?

I just checked out the rubber banding location on my server, but had no problem with it,the hut destructed as its supposed to do.

Upvote 0
I find that with the resupply points you have to practically drive over the top of them before they work (for tanks):IS2:, can you expand their area of influence a bit more?

They were made with mostly infantry in mind. I have increased them and add more of them as you guys suggested.

Also a very big thx goes to swag for fixing the role loadout for the tank version.

As soon as TW fixes the sdk and redirect issues, ill release Tanks b2.

Til then! ;) Right now I'm busy working on other things :D :p

Upvote 0