• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Arad 2 (Beta3)

Thank you guys so much, for all the comments and feed back. Its truly appreciated. Makes it easier to work on a map, when theres support for it. Hopefully with the help of the community this will turn into a great map.

So once again thanks! :D

Nice map, IMO the best custom map yet.

If I were you though, I would either delete the river sound effect or upgrade it with something better quality. It sounds way too off in comparison with the rest.

But yeah, just my opinion.

I agree about the sound. It will be improved for beta 2 ;)

I'll be honest, when I saw Arad I actually cringed a bit because it was one of those maps that was way overplayed in ROOST, and even remade in Mare Nostrum.

However, from the video it actually looks rather nice and perhaps it plays a bit differently with ROHOS' gameplay. I shall have to give it a whirl.

Just please don't follow it up with a release of Aradrealforest :D

Actually I'm planning a Arad8675309_l33tpwnjOOnubs version :p

I'm just disappointed that we don't have any bots in tanks, it helps to pass the time when you're trying to seed your server.

Should be there for you in beta2 ;)

This map is very nice..... the haze is a bit much and the lack of destruct ables and trees, wooden fences and poles that stop the tanks cold is rather disappointing.

Other than that, the map is well done and large enough for epic tank battles. :IS2:

Ive redone the fog and ill have some destructible things for you to blow up :D

Hey Wolverine!

First thanks for mention me in the credits :D!

Congratulation for your first release of that great map. We all know how much blood sweat and tears you put into this one. Especially your optimising work is realy remarkable and for that reason you could boost the viewdistance and some details a little (or little more :p).

But I suggest that first you should concentrate on adding stuff which affect the gameplay (covernodes, destroyable fences & powerpylons) before doing the cosmetic things.

So when these things work, you could ask Rammjaeger for posting an event on the steamgroup so we can test the balancing on a full server.

While we did that little test yesterday, i also thought it couldn

Upvote 0
I hate post titles...

I hate post titles...

Hello Wolverine,

Yesterday, I finally had the time to try your map. I played around 30 minutes, unfortunately, only with bots. The map looks great. I think you are using the background gunshot sounds from RO 1, don't you?
The river sounds awesome.

You already addressed the fog issue, which I would like to mention again, because I found sth strange. Inside many buildings, there is the same fog as outside. Looks like a squad of soldiers just smoked a sheesha there (or some green tobacco). It looks a bit odd.
I would suggest you to change the sky a bit. Maybe you can also add some burning houses that create smoke? Thing is, while your map looks awesome, it actually does make me feel more that I'd like to go to Arad2 for camping and bbq, rather than fighting an enemy.

Maybe you could also supply some more cover for the infantry on both sides of the map? As mentioned, I haven't had the chance to play with people, so I don't know how it would actually turn out gameplay wise. But considering that there will be many tanks driving around, some very small trenches or foxholes would allow engineers to go there and face AT-combat?

All in all, I can only say: THANK YOU very much for taking your time and re-create one of my all-time favorite maps. Well done!

Upvote 0
Hello Wolverine,

Yesterday, I finally had the time to try your map. I played around 30 minutes, unfortunately, only with bots. The map looks great. I think you are using the background gunshot sounds from RO 1, don't you?
The river sounds awesome.

You already addressed the fog issue, which I would like to mention again, because I found sth strange. Inside many buildings, there is the same fog as outside. Looks like a squad of soldiers just smoked a sheesha there (or some green tobacco). It looks a bit odd.
I would suggest you to change the sky a bit. Maybe you can also add some burning houses that create smoke? Thing is, while your map looks awesome, it actually does make me feel more that I'd like to go to Arad2 for camping and bbq, rather than fighting an enemy.

Maybe you could also supply some more cover for the infantry on both sides of the map? As mentioned, I haven't had the chance to play with people, so I don't know how it would actually turn out gameplay wise. But considering that there will be many tanks driving around, some very small trenches or foxholes would allow engineers to go there and face AT-combat?

All in all, I can only say: THANK YOU very much for taking your time and re-create one of my all-time favorite maps. Well done!

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated! ;)

Most of the things you mentioned have already been addressed :D

as i stated before, i'll keep adding to the map, as long as the fps don't take a hit.

Upvote 0
**update** March 28, 2012

**update** March 28, 2012

Beta 2 is up :D
see first post for more info. ;)

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76450[/URL]

Changlog:

Beta 2: March 28, 2012

Adjusted Fog inside the houses and outdoors.(Less)
Changed "Reddish" rock texture for the hills and terrain.
Added 2 more Anti_tanks per side.
Added 2 Snipers per side. 1@ 16 players per side and 2 @ 32 per side.
Added 1 more SL per side.
Added Rockets to Commander's loadout.
Decreased Artillery and Mortar times.
Lowered terrain grass height a bit, to help when prone.
Added many Destroyable objects.
Added and adjusted many cover nodes.
Changed map time limit to 30 min.
Changed skybox.
Tanks now spawn correctly.
Add lighting indoors (Lanterns)
Increased Obj. capture time to 30sec.
Removed some Postprocess volumes.
Adjusted sky lights.
Adjusted some sounds.
Changed water sound.
Added craters (can be used for cover)
Added more bushes and rocks for cover (outer plains)
Added more ammo supply areas.
Added destroyed objects.

Upvote 0