• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

In the first part, where the germans spawn in the north, they have lots off difficulty advancing over the open ground.

Germans could use somewhat more cover on the left and right flanks, especially on their left flank. When the germans achieve to reach the trenches it is allright, but to reach it, that is the hard part. Possible gamestopper there for the germans.

I watched this happening last night. This is easily remedied with some well coordinated, aggressive movement combined with arty and smoke. First cap can be taken in less than a minute, even with hordes of humans on the Russian side.

I also noted hardly any (actually none) Germans throwing nades over the A-cap. This is an effective tactic for keeping the Russian approach hot.

Upvote 0
There are multiple options. When people will learn and know a new map the gameplay will change. The idea was to made that 1st objective some harder to cap. As it would lock once capped my idea was that Axis players would rush and cap it. But you can't control how all players will act.

I was there playing as Axis when it took us 18 minutes to cap that 1st objective. I noticed piled up Axis rifle man trying to pop allies from way back. I was there when we took it in a blitz as all Axis did what had to be done. So it will take more time to see how this will turn out.

Adding cover in that Axis first approach is always good. Give the Axis Commander artillery options in that area is not my piece of cake.

The 4th and 5th objective will need some spawndistance tweaks sometimes it was hard for Axis to cap that Strippinghall.

I did like it when I did see fights and shoot outs in unexpected areas.
Mainly caused by the fact i have played it a billion times with bots and they behave more straightforward.

But what we need the most is a solution why maps behave weird on one server and behave as it should on the next. Without that custom maps are getting nowhere !!!!

But I did like the test yesterday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i watched this happening last night. This is easily remedied with some well coordinated, aggressive movement combined with arty and smoke. First cap can be taken in less than a minute, even with hordes of humans on the russian side.

I also noted hardly any (actually none) germans throwing nades over the a-cap. This is an effective tactic for keeping the russian approach hot.

+1

Whatever the map there are always players who defend-area course.
4 and 5 I find the brightness a bit too dark in buildings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But what we need the most is a solution why maps behave weird on one server and behave as it should on the next. Without that custom maps are getting nowhere !!!!

But I did like the test yesterday.

This is a case of help us help you. Help us find out why this is happening and we will fix it! But we cannot reproduce it locally. Maps play fine on our local and remote HLDS servers.

Upvote 0
This is a case of help us help you. Help us find out why this is happening and we will fix it! But we cannot reproduce it locally. Maps play fine on our local and remote HLDS servers.

Why don't you guys try leasing a server for a month or so from gameservers [GS] and run all the test you like? It seems most of the problems are from them...... I think:confused:

Either way, any suggestion on what "we" can do to help you guys pinpoint the problem? As a community we're lost at the moment. :(

Upvote 0
Why don't you guys try leasing a server for a month or so from gameservers [GS] and run all the test you like? It seems most of the problems are from them...... I think:confused:

Exactly - who are the server providers that people experiencing these issues are with?

I am with GamingDeluxe and do not see the radio or missing objective text issues.

Who is 40-1's provider?

Upvote 0
But what we need the most is a solution why maps behave weird on one server and behave as it should on the next. Without that custom maps are getting nowhere !!!

I posted this as this is one of the problems servers with custom maps
experience. And I have to mention that Redirect is another thing what could better.

All I can do is provide something what looks like a Multiplayer level.
I have absolute no knowledge how to set up a server or deal with lines of code. And they told me more then once to stary awsy from stuff I don't know. Guess if someone find out why this is happens the fix will be easy. Its all bits and bytes afterall.

Upvote 0
Check the server log for error messages.
Has this been added to the .ini:

[TE-Coldsteel_b2 ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
FriendlyName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_>
Description=TE-Coldsteel Map_b2
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Pavlov
MapTips=TEPavlovsTip1
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

[TE-Coldsteel_b2 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
FriendlyName=Coldsteel_b2
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Gumrack>
Description=TE-Coldsteel_b2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a heads up I've been trying to run this map locally for a few days and the server is crashing when the map tries to load. Anybody else have this with coldsteel_b2?

Never an actual server crash but had RO2.exe crash constantly when Beta1 had been installed or downloaded first to PC from server re-direct then a download of Beta2 later.

Once I cleared out cache and re-downloaded from server Re-direct Beta2, then all was good with the constant exe crashing gone.

Upvote 0
No, I've not been able to get it working. ROgame.exe crash each time I try and switch to coldsteel. No problem with any other map.

All I can conclude its all a big mistery.

We have servers who run the map without any problem.
We have servers who run the map fine but with some weird problems.
We have people can run the map local without any problem at all.
TW Swag who tested my cooked stuff and all ran fine.
Swag cooked the map and it all ran fine.
And now at your end ROgame.exe crash each time.

Well see where the next release will go....

Upvote 0