• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

With only one issue needed to be solved the map is ready for a beta 2 release. Added much much more detail and cover and extra spawnareas for diversity I think its ready to go. I will do a produktion build tonight and push
this update out. I only bothered with one issue.

When I check the overheadmap I see all. I see the radio's, active objective, resupply areas, other players and the arrow with my own position.

map.jpg

Where is the line with the required objective and did I miss something to activate that on the overhead map. Or is some bug. I did see it on Butovo
but could not find any extra setting for it.

Upvote 0
Drecks Not sure if this is the solution, Did see there is a box you can check in the obj properties as to key objective and axis , allies priority that can be set.

Did searched in stock maps. This box is not checked in any stockmap. I'm convinded they should appear with all settings as its now. As Leo said. Its not a real problem, but players will look at the overhead map and miss it. Bots won't thats a benefite as these are the most common opponents. :cool::cool:

Upvote 0
Updated the first post with links for the TE-Coldsteel_b2

Changelist:

Spawnprotection when the first objective is taken is reduced. As its now an Russian Killer.
More rubble,detail and cover added. (less empty halls)
More mantle and climb options.
Pumped up the sunlightbrightness
Tweaked the fogcolor.
Tweaked some spawndistances and added more spawns for more routes.
Moved the last objective backwards.
Tweaked the grassmaterial for less repeating texture and better blending.
Changed the dirt material for better blending
Did more performance tweaks. Not really needed as far as i know.
Opened some extra routes.
Less auto rifles in favor for rifles.

Tested this local and all spawns, artillery and spawncams works as it should. As people might know some maps behave weird on some servers.

Spawncams and spawns won't work as its ment and artillery radios wont show for the commander role. I don't have a solution for this. If this happens on your server please remove the map. As its no fun to play on a not working map.

The Files :

CookedPC

CookedPCServer

Attachments

• b21.jpg
    b21.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
  • b22.jpg
    b22.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
  • b23.jpg
    b23.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Do you notice any of the mentioned issues like no radio's for the commander role, weird cover behaviour and wrong spawncam and locations shown wrong on the overhead map ?

Radios were there

Weird cover behavior and rough mantling - Yes

Wrong or no spawn menu items

Wrong locations on overhead and wrong locations noted for captures

Upvote 0
Radios were there

Weird cover behavior and rough mantling - Yes

Wrong or no spawn menu items

Wrong locations on overhead and wrong locations noted for captures

Story gets boring. Hope it works well on other servers.
Try it local and see what happens.
As I don't have any of these issues while I do some testgames on my computer. The first release played well without problems on some servers nd then showed issues on the other servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Drecks it has to be a Game Server [GS] issue or something. I've put everything up and everything appears to run fine but again no radios can be found.

Even stranger still is I just uploaded Arad2 knowing it had to have radios and as soon as you spawn the radios appear on the map and within your view when looking for them. They aren't there when bringing up the map before hand but once you spawn they are there. Still nothing with Coldsteel though... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Drecks it has to be a Game Server [GS] issue or something. I've put everything up and everything appears to run fine but again no radios can be found.

I have no clue. I joined two servers where it did not work then joined 1st Airborne UK server at 31.132.1.20:7777 to see everything seems to work as supposed. Even the required objective names get shown there.

For now I sit back and relax for some time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no clue. I joined two servers where it did not work then joined 1st Airborne UK server at 31.132.1.20:7777 to see everything seems to work as supposed. Even the required objective names get shown there.

I can confirm this, Drecks joined just as i left my server,everything works as it should,only one mutator in use and that was TankTweak.

Upvote 0

I don't know if this is part of the problem,but i tested my redirect 4 times tonight and crashed every time, i eventually installed the files manually, here is the error log:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have no mutators or anything out of ordinary except custom maps and don't seem to appear to be doing anything different than anyone else other than the fact I have a Game Server.

Is anything you add to the ROGame.ini causing this issue. I add all maps to it the same way to show up in WebAdmin, like this, maybe too much or something not quite right?

[TE-Coldsteel_b2 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
FriendlyName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Station>
Description=TE-Coldsteel_b2

[TE-Coldstee_b2l ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
FriendlyName=TE-Coldsteel_b2
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=TE-Coldsteel_b2
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms