• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Hi Drecks,

had the chance to play on ur map with 2 other players and some bots. Performance is good and stable. Still many details are missing, as the rooms often look very empty and the whole map is too clean. I also think that the sunlight doesn't fit the rest of the maps lightning.

On the other hand, some rooms are too dark and you can't recognize enemies being in it.

Furthermore, there are some sound issues. Bullet cracks are missing and sometimes you can't hear an MP 40 going off, eventhough you are standing right next to it.

Some of the walls seem to be impossible to be penetrated. I think that should be looked in as well.

Unfortunately, my game crashed, right before I wanted to take screenshots of sth odd that happened in the middle of the map. In one of the destroyed halls, the pallets of steel popped up one after another. They are in the shadow of the destroyed roof and only when you walk towards them, approx. 10-15 meters in front, they will appear. Otherwise the area they are popping up at is blank.

All in all, I can say that this map already looks awesome! Some more details and I will certainly love it. The layout is great too but I would need to play with more humans in order to judge the balance of the battle. One concern I have is that both sides can cut off the way from spawn to capzone completely. (I mean, bots pathing allows it, no idea if it would happen with real players too).

This map is showing super high potential imho. Keep up the good work and take this one: :IS2:

Dank u wel

Upvote 0
Does it run as it should so with artillery radio's, good spawncam and working covers ? About now I would like to play the map with real people.

You'd have to join the server and test most of that, you know exactly what you are looking for.

Problem is I'm not around enough to get much play in myself on our own server and when I usually play, I'm still playing RO until everything gets ironed out with RO2 before doing a complete move over per say for my gaming times.

Our server is up 24/7 but not always with bots because either the server fills up and the bots don't return or one of our admins remove them and forget to put them back or a server crash or reboot which resets back to no bots. I add them back when I have time to look on a daily basis.

I can always upload and configure the server for maps and hope that the server runs fine for all, and with time I can play as well.

I got in and it seemed to spawn fine - looked the same as any other map during a spawn. Did not get to test radio's or do much except kill a few bots and even the bots were doing cover and seemed actually pretty smart at setting up a defense, hiding behind a train and setting up machine guns.

If you join and other join the bots auto remove themselves until only humans remain. So if you can get 20 real folks in then nothing but humans will remain - it's a 50 player server. I'd also like to know that redirect is working properly because I've heard from one of our admins that when multiple people join sometimes it fails but I've read that some of the Custom maps don't like bots and that's probably the issue and told what few admins we have to remove them if they have issues with the customs.

From what I got to see even with only bots it's a very promising map and keep up the good work. I'll try to test some of the aspects you mentioned as far as the radio items. I saw people having issues with those. I'll let you know. I'll be around most of today if you'd like to do some testing.

PS: Just went in and did a bit of testing and could not find the radio. Unless it's under one of the other objects on the map I could not find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Sensemann. The next release will come with more detail. I added a physic material to the brick custom materials
so that bullet penetration might work better now. On the other side. I'm not a big fan of penetrating walls

About these metal pallets pop in. They are there already but when you get closer they get a better LOD material. This is a stocksetting but easy
to change.

And yes I would like to play it with a serious number of humans to.
So tired of playing bots.

@ Clown, I just joined the Clownhero server and Radio's won't show and with that spawns and spawncams wont work as it should on your server.

Upvote 0
@ Clown, I just joined the Clownhero server and Radio's won't show and with that spawns and spawncams wont work as it should on your server.

Could this be because it's a Game Server [GS] server? They do weird stuff with their redirect. The .INT probably when downloaded isn't placed into proper location. Does the .INT have anything to do with the missing items?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could this be because it's a Game Server [GS] server? They do weird stuff with their redirect. The .INT probably when downloaded isn't placed into proper location. Does he .INT have anything to do with the missing items?

I'm with GameServers [GS] too! I wonder if this is something on their end? However, i'm using my own redirect.......Hhmmm :eek:

Upvote 0
@ Sensemann. The next release will come with more detail. I added a physic material to the brick custom materials
so that bullet penetration might work better now. On the other side. I'm not a big fan of penetrating walls

About these metal pallets pop in. They are there already but when you get closer they get a better LOD material. This is a stocksetting but easy
to change.

I assumed that you will add more details at a later stage, so my statement wasn't meant to be a criticism. Regarding the bullet penetration: I am also not a big fan of it. For brick walls, I find it not necessary. Actually, I just stated it as due to the stock maps, I thought you might have an issue with implementing this into your custom map. That's all.

I assume the metal pallets are there already, but because of lightning, I can't see them when going into the dark area and when getting closer, it looks like my computer is just rendering them upon arrival. I think you get what I mean, right?

Upvote 0
I'm with GameServers [GS] too! I wonder if this is something on their end? However, i'm using my own redirect.......Hhmmm :eek:

The thing is I'm not sure what the .INT File really does or is used for. Game Servers makes you rename all .roe files to .upk for the map files and you also do not have an particular folder like in RO days where everything was separated with folders but with Game Servers you can not have any subdirectories under your redirectfiles folder. So my thing is maybe what is happening all the files are put in place because they are .upk except the .INT file which is not renamed and probably not downloaded to the client so this then makes the client not have radios? I just don't know what the .INT does.

Upvote 0
The INT file is discussed in this topic.
It make the objective name shown correct.

As far as I know Butovo and Ogledow came without an INT file.

Thanks Drecks - I edited the .INT and saw what it really is - it's simply the text that shows for when something is captured. Strange that it doesn't automatically get added within the map file or cooked file and is a separate file.

Well the map and everything else appears fine it's just a simple fix somewhere but what that is - who knows at this point. Very strange.

Upvote 0
You'd have to join the server and test most of that, you know exactly what you are looking for.

Problem is I'm not around enough to get much play in myself on our own server and when I usually play, I'm still playing RO until everything gets ironed out with RO2 before doing a complete move over per say for my gaming times.

Our server is up 24/7 but not always with bots because either the server fills up and the bots don't return or one of our admins remove them and forget to put them back or a server crash or reboot which resets back to no bots. I add them back when I have time to look on a daily basis.

I can always upload and configure the server for maps and hope that the server runs fine for all, and with time I can play as well.

I got in and it seemed to spawn fine - looked the same as any other map during a spawn. Did not get to test radio's or do much except kill a few bots and even the bots were doing cover and seemed actually pretty smart at setting up a defense, hiding behind a train and setting up machine guns.

If you join and other join the bots auto remove themselves until only humans remain. So if you can get 20 real folks in then nothing but humans will remain - it's a 50 player server. I'd also like to know that redirect is working properly because I've heard from one of our admins that when multiple people join sometimes it fails but I've read that some of the Custom maps don't like bots and that's probably the issue and told what few admins we have to remove them if they have issues with the customs.

From what I got to see even with only bots it's a very promising map and keep up the good work. I'll try to test some of the aspects you mentioned as far as the radio items. I saw people having issues with those. I'll let you know. I'll be around most of today if you'd like to do some testing.

PS: Just went in and did a bit of testing and could not find the radio. Unless it's under one of the other objects on the map I could not find it anywhere.

I was just on your server, and you're right the radios aren't showing.so i left and joined my server,and the radios are showing, this looks like a server setting difference to me.

Upvote 0
We have no mutators running and everything is stock except the custom maps. We have Realistic set and Punkbuster high but not sure of what other setting would disrupt that?

That's the problem we need to figure out what that setting might be? We have radios on one of the other Custom maps that has them. So not sure why one map would show them and the other wouldn't and be from server to server?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have no mutators running and everything is stock except the custom maps. We have Realistic set and Punkbuster high but not sure of what other setting would disrupt that?

That's the problem we need to figure out what that setting might be?
When you uploaded the server files did you allow the file "GlobalPersistantCookerData.upk" to overwrite the file of the same name already on the server?
Can't think of anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So with beta 2 almost done what files can I skip to add to the CookedPCServer files ?

Its obvious I have to add the 5 packages with materials and
meshes.

ENV_Coldsteel_factory.upk
Env_DR_Brick_walls.upk
Env_DR_corrugated_plates.upk
Env_DR_floor_parts.upk
ENV_DR_Misc.upk

And off course the

TE-Coldsteel_b2.upk which will have to be renamed to TE-Coldsteel_b2.roe

And i have these two files

GlobalPersistentCookerData.upk which is 7114 KB
GuidCache_UserMod.upk which is 1 kb

I would like this to work as it should on all servers.

Upvote 0