• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

For me this map runs appallingly, crashing non-stop and very bad stutters. It seems 4gb of DDR2 ram is nowhere near enough. It's a shame.

From what I have played, the colour is VERY strange, waaay too yellow. If you could port skyboxes I feel like Kaukausus (probably spelt wrong) from Ostfront would be perfect.

Check you cache folder, make sure you don't have an older version in there. delete your cache files and try it again. could be the upk files crashing you.

Upvote 0
For me this map runs appallingly, crashing non-stop and very bad stutters. It seems 4gb of DDR2 ram is nowhere near enough. It's a shame.

From what I have played, the colour is VERY strange, waaay too yellow. If you could port skyboxes I feel like Kaukausus (probably spelt wrong) from Ostfront would be perfect.

The fact you say the color is yellow makes it clear you have some sort of mix with an older version. Now I might be colorblind but the latest release do not have that yellow color anymore.

Upvote 0

I'd suggest that you go through ALL your map related folders for the game....

Make certain you have none of the previous Coldsteel files present in any of the map related folders.

In Documents and the game itself;

• cache
  • ROGame
  • config
  • cookedpc
  • maps
  • custom
  • localization
  • int
Find these files and/or any files related to Coldsteel; (ignore extensions)

• ENV_Coldsteel_factory
  • Env_DR_Brick_walls
  • Env_DR_floor_parts
  • ENV_DR_Misc
  • TE-Coldsteel_beta_6 (and/or previous versions)
Delete them all.

By your description, it appears you might have a mix of Coldsteel release files plaguing you. Once you are certain there's no trace of Coldsteel on your system, get the b6 version or later (which ever comes first). Join a Server that's running the map and get the redirected download and play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you make a screenshot. As I hardly see any difference with Spartanovka colors and I read about weird colors.
And to me it feels as normal colors while I read the colors are very wrong WTF !!!.
This could mean I'm terribly color blind and never knew.

Which setting do you play ?

There is a very slight greenish tinge to the map's overall color. Its as if I were looking through a glass panel that's very lightly tinted with a faded green. Other maps are fine. I've mentioned this before but thought the slight tint was intentional as if to yield a smokey haze for the sake of immersion.

Upvote 0
I asked my wife and she said I always was a colorblind prick.
Never noticed which color dress she had on and that kind of stuff.
And she helped me out.

So hail hail to miss Drecksopoulos. What a lovely woman she is.

coldlight2.jpg

coldlight1.jpg

coldlight3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not yet.. First I want the Tactical Nuke to work.
You won't believe your eyes. Kudos to Wolverine.

You see.....what had happen was.....i saw this little switch at 1st spawn sticking out of the ground......and and annnd i stepped on it ......and next think i saw happen was was was................:p

THIS

On a serious not, Damn dude!.....Mrs. Drecks is doing the lighting for my next map. OK, Blind Prick? :p

That looks amazing!

Upvote 0
Just before I went to another nightshift I played it on the Tat server with 14 real people. Had a good time. A pity I had to leave.

For the update I made some sort of gully where Axis are out of sight for a few. I agree it can be hard. But as its an objective which will close after its capped I believe Axis simply must fight hard to get it. Use smoke and get to low building. The spawndistance must maket them get there earlier then the defenders. And a smart Squadleader and Commander will toss smoke. Its a Blitzkrieg objective :)

There will be an arranged testsession soon.... Iff tests shows its really to hard. cover will be added.

Upvote 0
Played it on an almost full server last night (Cat's server), didn't play well at all (sorry!). Why?

• The direction of attack changed so much defenders didn't know where they should be and attackers were spawning almost closer to the Russian spawn than the objective they were meant to attack! The last few objectives may as well have had the original German spawn... it's like the German's are attacking and capturing objectives but each objective they have to attack is "behind" them.
  • There is no spawn protection... at all. This resulted in mass slaughter on the Russian team.
  • No recon planes, added to the problems with direction, the Russians didn't know where the main German spawns were, and so were spread out trying to defend uncaps.
Even with 32-40 players the map didn't feel too great, and the colours are still in need of work.

Sorry for the depressing comment, I feel bad just from writing it. I think this map could definitely work, but it would require quite a bit of changes.

Upvote 0
It almost reads like you played a screwed up version.

The direction of attack changed so much defenders didn't know where they should be and attackers were spawning almost closer to the Russian spawn than the objective they were meant to attack! The last few objectives may as well have had the original German spawn... it's like the German's are attacking and capturing objectives but each objective they have to attack is "behind" them.

Not a real difficult attack route. From first spawn to 1st objective straight ahead. Follow the messages on the screen. Once the first objective is taken Axis spawn move on and for the 2th objective still straight ahead.

Then when that 2th objective is taken the 3rd objective opens which is the Deadly alley. At that moment Axis spawn is at the far end of that 2th objective and still needs to run straight forward and Axis nowhere spawn while their needed objectives are behind them. And won't spawn close to the Allied spawn.

Same is for the last objectives. Axis can choose two spawns and won't spawn close to the Allied spawn.

There is no spawn protection... at all. This resulted in mass slaughter on the Russian team.

I'm aware that two Allied spawns don't have spawnprotection. They where taken out as they where bugged with that redscreen spawnprotection thing. Other maps seem to have the same bug. Other then these two all other spawns have protection.

No recon planes, added to the problems with direction, the Russians didn't know where the main German spawns were, and so were spread out trying to defend uncaps.

Recon planes I hate them but are added in the update. Why one need reconplanes for directions ? This game have overhead maps and other guides to tell what to defend. The main German spawns are opposite the objectives you need to defend as Allies.

I played the map a zillion times with bots and less online.
Nowhere I experienced the things you described. It really feeld like it was a totally screwed up version. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This weekend I hope to test the update. And colors are changed as above screens shows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0