• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

The map looks great but there's something weird with the lightning colour/skybox that I can't put my finger on.
At this point it's kind of nit-picking, but I agree with you Rak. It's kind of weird how a clear blue sky casts this hazy yellow light onto everything. Maybe a greyer or more yellowed sky would look better?

Anyways, super great job on the map Drecks. If RO2 makes a revival, your map will certainly play a big role in it.

Upvote 0
Updated Coldsteel for the patch.
Thats the map with the weird extraterrestrial sunlight.

Version is named : TE-Coldsteel_beta_6

Hope all old issues are gone and won't return

Links are here:

Serverfiles

PCfiles

Known issues:

There are two destroyable doors they won't show on the overhead map.

Some unneccesary screens below.

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

3c.jpg

4d.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried earlier and still had problems both map and redirect.

Had 16 players in the server and many were kicked during the map download part.

I made it through to the end of download but RO2 crashed when it tried to load the map.

Plan to re check the map install in the morning as i did rush to install. However i with people still getting kicked during the server redirect download? I thought that part was fixed.

Maybe my redirect server is crap, though it seems ok. Was there talk of TWI hosting a redirect server so everyone had a redirect with good speed.

Upvote 0
So we played with roughly a full server. The map looks nice and is in fact, very nice ^_^

The axis seemed to be having a rough time capping B and C even with all our smoke and artillery on them. Russian just kept walking near our spawns with PPSH's and spraying our supporting riflemen and attempting to cap B back (or was it C...)

By the time we got to the last 3 objectives,there was 5 minutes left, and still a ungodly amount of tickets for both teams even though we were getting wrecked. So I don't know if it was just a lack of team work or what, but Germans had it rough both round. Getting mowed down by MGs and Rifles trying to slowly sprint across open field. (Classic mode sprint D:)

A couple suggestions?

1: Make some terrain depressions around were the Germans have a long way to cross.

2: More spawn protection for Germans >_<

3: Make the rolling hall non-re-take-able by the Russians because the Germans spawn close to the hall making is easy to get sprayed down by Russian Assualts.

Other than that the rest of the map was fun, arty wrecked the Russians in some moments and smoke was useful for covering large fields and holes into the factory. So we tried our best :p

Upvote 0
So we played with roughly a full server. The map looks nice and is in fact, very nice ^_^

The axis seemed to be having a rough time capping B and C even with all our smoke and artillery on them. Russian just kept walking near our spawns with PPSH's and spraying our supporting riflemen and attempting to cap B back (or was it C...)

By the time we got to the last 3 objectives,there was 5 minutes left, and still a ungodly amount of tickets for both teams even though we were getting wrecked. So I don't know if it was just a lack of team work or what, but Germans had it rough both round. Getting mowed down by MGs and Rifles trying to slowly sprint across open field. (Classic mode sprint D:)

A couple suggestions?

1: Make some terrain depressions around were the Germans have a long way to cross.

2: More spawn protection for Germans >_<

3: Make the rolling hall non-re-take-able by the Russians because the Germans spawn close to the hall making is easy to get sprayed down by Russian Assualts.

Other than that the rest of the map was fun, arty wrecked the Russians in some moments and smoke was useful for covering large fields and holes into the factory. So we tried our best :p
I was there I think. Was very cool playing the map with actual people instead of bots or just running around forever alone just to enjoy how cool it looks.

I do agree with your points. Maybe it should also help the Germans a bit if the time was increased. They got to the final objective (E) two times in a row but then the time ran out. Adding some more time would benefit them I think.

Anyway, nice work Drecks. It was well worth the wait. Have this IS2 as a sign of our gratitude :IS2:

Upvote 0