• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Did you install the files manually? Yes as I did with the previous maps.
Did you use the cache extractor? No, I used ZipGenius as I always have for years, never had problems.
Did you change the Coldsteel folder name from b2 to b3? No, that folder is separate from the b3 (and the coldsteel FF folder named coldsteel)
Did you delete any previous b2 files from the cache? No, but then would I have them if I manually downloaded all the files before?
Did you allow the b3 files to overwrite the b2 version? No, because it puts them in an entirely separate folder.

Answers in Yellow :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got 4 messages (8 if I have the FF files downloaded) stating I have ambiguous package name;

using 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b2\****.upk', not 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\Coldsteel_b3\****.upk'

^^^ is for the TE map

where the **** are the 4 non.roe files in the coldsteel map folder

Only the map file stays in that folder.

The other files go in the packages/environment folder.

Upvote 0
Only the map file stays in that folder.

The other files go in the packages/environment folder.

Odd. I say that because they are set up exactly as the B2 map and files were set up; they are all in the map folder except the .int which is in the Localization folder. B2 ran without these problems. Was it switched for B3?

Upvote 0
Odd. I say that because they are set up exactly as the B2 map and files were set up; they are all in the map folder except the .int which is in the Localization folder. B2 ran without these problems. Was it switched for B3?

Dunno, I had them in the env folder with B2 also. The Map runs fine for me.

FF is a different story.... Fname conflicts.

Upvote 0
All my files are in the map folder,apart from the .int file...........same as the package.
In fact i don't even have a env. folder.....whatever that is.
If the mapper puts them in certain folders,that's where i put them as well.

In the actual game folder;
*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame

*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\Localization\INT
  • TE-Coldsteel_b3.int
*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps
  • TE-Coldsteel_b3.roe
*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Packages

*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Packages\EnvironmentalMaterials
  • ENV_Coldsteel_factory.upk
  • Env_DR_Brick_walls.upk
  • Env_DR_floor_parts.upk
  • ENV_DR_Misc.upk
I abbreviated EnvironmentalMaterials with env. Since that's the "prefix" of the filemnames.

Edit: Just moved the ENV files back to the Coldsteel map folder and it works that way too. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The files seem to work wherever you put them,but its good practice to put them into the same folder the modder/mapper wants them in.

Agreed.... unless there's an error.

How do you propose we place the files for both FF & TE in the client map folder and our ReDirect? Since the filenames are the same for the env. files but they are slightly different sizes.

Or, can we only run one or the other game mode?

TE plays ok - FF throws out errors on client boot.

@ Drecks;

At the ammo bins in the Rolling Factory - A player can get trapped between it and the wall there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Drecks;

At the ammo bins in the Rolling Factory - A player can get trapped between it and the wall there.

As said in the release post I expected some problems with these packages for FF. As they are the same in name. I just added FF kismet en FF in the roles and rebuild the same map as I used for TE, but as FF.

So as a solution I need to rename the packages and replace the stuff in the map and release it as FF with the same packages as in te TE version, but with different names.

Or will TWI provide a trick.

Upvote 0
As said in the release post I expected some problems with these packages for FF. As they are the same in name. I just added FF kismet en FF in the roles and rebuild the same map as I used for TE, but as FF.

So as a solution I need to rename the packages and replace the stuff in the map and release it as FF with the same packages as in te TE version, but with different names.

Or will TWI provide a trick.

Supply point is in the TE version... I do not have the FF version installed at all.

Upvote 0
Drecks,

You shouldn't have to redistribute the supporting packaged assets for the firefight version. When you release the map you should release all versions (TE, CD, FF) with the supporting packages and it'll work... Says right here on the paper. ;)

Having said that, I am downloading your map to see if I can shed some light on your woes.

EDIT:

Identified a major problem. I will give more details when I have a clearer picture of what is going on and what we do about it. The redistribution of packages should not be happening, basically.

Upvote 0
Drecks,

You shouldn't have to redistribute the supporting packaged assets for the firefight version. When you release the map you should release all versions (TE, CD, FF) with the supporting packages and it'll work... Says right here on the paper. ;)

Having said that, I am downloading your map to see if I can shed some light on your woes.

EDIT:

Identified a major problem. I will give more details when I have a clearer picture of what is going on and what we do about it. The redistribution of packages should not be happening, basically.

I did some tests before I released it and noticed that it did not work when I tried to use the FF version with the packages build with the TE version.

I'm looking forward to see how to solve this.

Upvote 0
I put the beta 3 map (TE) ONLY, up on our server and it's identical issue for me on our server. Map downloads via re-direct fine, loads fine (After deleting all Cache Files), then when game starts there is no Radios. Map seems fine other than that issue still for our particular server.

As stated before it's a Game Server (server). They do their Re-direct different than everyone else.

Anyone else have Game Server [GS] and get map running flawless with radios and the like?

Reason I ask is how do you get the .int file to a client via Re-direct?

Usually you ONLY put .upk files on re-direct - you even have to rename the map file from .roe to .upk for [GS]. So I've been putting the .INT file in the Localization folder of the Server ONLY. [GS] doesn't have Subfolders in their Re-direct - all files go into a single folder ONLY. They even tell you to remove any subfolders, leaving only the .upk files.

All game files on the client are ONLY in the Cache folder as uxx files. So for Coldsteel_b3 I have 5 uxx files to make up everything to be able to play Coldstee_b3 and all works fine, except the radio thing and possibly the .INT items but that I think works the way I've been doing it for this map and all other maps. Because you can't rename the .INT File to .UPK because it would then have same name as the map file in the same folder and I THINK but not certain that the INT stuff is displayed correctly for all maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This was on the Clown server, not sure whats up with this dude (bot) but he was firing at me from some magical levitating space out in the middle of the open...

2012-03-25_00001.jpg

Upvote 0