• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

LordGleedo is talking about adding a downloader to his cache extractor program.

Basically it will be connected up to a few redirect servers around the world and you will be able to select the maps that you want to download and it will put them into the correct place on steam.

I think this is got to be the best solution to the custom map download problem I have heard so far.

won't help the bug issues, but hell, people can't experience the bug issues if they can't even get the maps.

So maybe hold out a little while longer WoLvErInE and Drecks, there might be some more life in RO2 custom maps yet.

That sounds like a great concept.

Upvote 0
What I saw...

What I saw...

for starters is a freakin' awesome map! It's improved greatly in just the week or 2 since I last played it but the issues I still noticed were:

Windows/doorways being 'blocked'-can't go in or out of them.

Still places where can't steady mg on ledge

Layout of buildings is not realistic- saw that's been talked about too.

Got booted after 45 minutes-
and map was no longer on server list- had not ended- said 'exceeded host time' I think then we were out of map.

Sounds, to me, were good.

I'll play that map every time I see it, will try to be more specific with feedback in future too.

Props!
-Bernhart

Upvote 0
ok thank mate. So still very much a work in progress. Just keen to get my hands on as much custom maps as possible.

While I am keen to run customs I am finding it extremely difficult to seed my server with them. I think the most I have been able to get in Australia on the custom maps is about 15-20 players max.

You're doing good! Most players, for some silly reason, seem to shy away from the customs. I think its due to the lack of simplicity in getting the customs setup properly.

Upvote 0
Ahhh well i can't call you either Einstein or Nostradamus here.

I have been lobbying far and wide in these forums for the take up of Lordgeedo's cache program which now includes a new element that downloads map files from servers.

It still seems a but rough around the edges in so far as the 'admin permission' dramas, i think its the best way to get more players into custom maps.

Post cut short because, well because i am old and tired.

Upvote 0
rekrut, like I told you before bud. Just keep your head up and don't let this keep you away from doing what you love. Just keep on mapping! I have faith TWI will fix the issues.

@ cat, let me send you the map files and try them on your server. I have the map on my server, and have no issues with crashes. Only problem I have is the spawn, camera, and cover not working.

Upvote 0
ok thank mate. So still very much a work in progress. Just keen to get my hands on as much custom maps as possible.

While I am keen to run customs I am finding it extremely difficult to seed my server with them. I think the most I have been able to get in Australia on the custom maps is about 15-20 players max.

You're doing good! Most players, for some silly reason, seem to shy away from the customs. I think its due to the lack of simplicity in getting the customs setup properly.

Its a combination of things. A simple way to set up custom maps with a proper redirect and the will to download and play custom maps.
Once seeded with humans a server will fill.
But I think a huge number of players love the comfort zone of stock maps and won't try out a custom. They might get killed more then usual.

Upvote 0
I know many keep requesting Maps and they want TWI to release vehicles but if my memory serves me correctly. Most of the Tanks and vehicles were added by Modders for RO 1 or were they created by TWI???

I know possibly the Troop Transport and the original CLOWN Car we called it was from TWI???

So we need the community that do Maps to start making Vehicles if that's what folks are looking for or is this something not part of the new SDK and is it only able to create Maps???

I just wish I could do any of it, just don't have the time to learn but think I'd bury myself in it and go crazy.

Upvote 0