• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

i can not make any progress on the map ....

the spawnsystem is still brocken objectives are not showing correct when they are under attack no weapon sound and the servercrash is still not fixxed ..... all of these things except the servercrash happen after the 7th February patch !!! And that can only fixxed by TW !!!

The latest crash seems to have been caused in the exact same way as the crashes we were getting with the first Butovo beta's, didn't Wolverine fix those for you? perhaps he can help again?

Butovo:
[0690.15] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41cea4 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

[0690.15] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[1099.51] Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41cea4 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Address = 0x7d4e237e (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x47ece1 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae823 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

No players were allowed to connect, so that rules that out, but here is the part i don't understand:

(i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

................................................................................................

The Univermag:
[0798.49] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

[0798.49] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[0924.41] Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Address = 0x47ea41 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae6f3 (filename not found) [in F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alpha 6 is crashing with the same errors as Alpha 4 and Butovo:

[0146.36] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0194.62] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0194.68] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 566]

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

[0194.68] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[0342.98] Log: === Critical error: ===

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Address = 0x47ea41 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae6f3 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Upvote 0
I would send a PM to Ramm-Jaeger. Its a shame that nobody plays the new maps because there are these strange bugs, especially the soundbug and coversystem/resting weapon/jump over obstacles bug .

Redirect is also a problem, but we're getting no support from TWI so far in the Dedicated Server "Support" section of the forum. I'd like to put the custom maps in our rotation, but if everyone gets kicked almost everytime a custom map loads... :(

Anyway, that looks like a very nice map! Keep on the good work guys.

Upvote 0
Redirect is also a problem, but we're getting no support from TWI so far in the Dedicated Server "Support" section of the forum. I'd like to put the custom maps in our rotation, but if everyone gets kicked almost everytime a custom map loads... :(

Anyway, that looks like a very nice map! Keep on the good work guys.

http://www.ro2modmaps.com/redirect-server.htm

Upvote 0
i can not make any progress on the map ....

the spawnsystem is still brocken objectives are not showing correct when they are under attack no weapon sound and the servercrash is still not fixxed ..... all of these things except the servercrash happen after the 7th February patch !!! And that can only fixxed by TW !!!

Painful..... but we're patient. ;)

Upvote 0
The last version I cooked for him which was alpha 10 worked on my server without any crashes. They only problem I had was the spawning bug. However he pm'd back saying it was still crashing on major day's server. So I'm not sure what's really going on. Maybe we can try on other servers and see what happens? I'm starting to wonder if we don't have too many different versions of the server files out there.

Upvote 0
The last version I cooked for him which was alpha 10 worked on my server without any crashes. They only problem I had was the spawning bug. However he pm'd back saying it was still crashing on major day's server. So I'm not sure what's really going on. Maybe we can try on other servers and see what happens? I'm starting to wonder if we don't have too many different versions of the server files out there.
When you say "my server" do you mean a proper up to date version 25 RO2 dedicated server?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not going to speak for any other LD's, but I'm really starting to lose the spark for mapping. No motivation to map having all these issues. I just don't know anymore!!

I feel the same mate. We are probably just about to ditch our main server as we can't get anyone on it anymore. Another one bites the dust.

Upvote 0
I don't know bud. All I know is, he said it was still crashing. This is really starting be be real annoying. Not going to speak for any other LD's, but I'm really starting to lose the spark for mapping. No motivation to map having all these issues. I just don't know anymore!!

I feel the same mate. We are probably just about to ditch our main server as we can't get anyone on it anymore. Another one bites the dust.

Well you are both right. I'm a very patient person but approaching the point to wave this all bye bye. Haven't got one single opportunity to play the bloody map with more then three humans. All I hear and read are redirect problems here. Crashes there and and empty servers due to redirect problems and maps behave random on different servers.

When I check the serverlist and see a custom map I often see only two or three people playing. This simply sucks. I can't imagine that by now people don't want to play new stuff so there must be something wrong with the redirect. Maybe I join the dark side and buy BF3 afterall. Have been ignoring my old friends hammering my head to buy it cause I really like RO HOS, but sometimes you must realize there is a limit in loyalty and devotion. And then common sense comes back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you are both right. I'm a very patient person but approaching the point to wave this all bye bye. Haven't got one single opportunity to play the bloody map with more then three humans. All I hear and read are redirect problems here. Crashes there and and empty servers due to redirect problems and maps behave random on different servers.

When I check the serverlist and see a custom map I often see only two or three people playing. This simply sucks. I can't imagine that by now people don't want to play new stuff so there must be something wrong with the redirect. Maybe I join the dark side and buy BF3 afterall. Have been ignoring my old friends hammering my head to buy it cause I really like RO HOS, but sometimes you must realize there is a limit in loyalty and devotion. And then common sense comes back.

yeah i actually gave in yesterday and bought it. I'm going to give TWI another week or so, if they don't turn their attention to these problems ASAP all hands on deck and fix them, then its time to move on. to me this more important right now than anything else they're working on.

Upvote 0
LordGleedo is talking about adding a downloader to his cache extractor program.

Basically it will be connected up to a few redirect servers around the world and you will be able to select the maps that you want to download and it will put them into the correct place on steam.

I think this is got to be the best solution to the custom map download problem I have heard so far.

won't help the bug issues, but hell, people can't experience the bug issues if they can't even get the maps.

So maybe hold out a little while longer WoLvErInE and Drecks, there might be some more life in RO2 custom maps yet.

Upvote 0