• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

the map univermag is nice , from the design point of view but its broken , allow me to simply put it this way for the "pro's" out there who keep talking about team-help , chat , coordination , all that crap and BS.

in simple terms u have the defending team - allys - most of them until the last points have just 1 purpose run spam nades camp the enemy ways from spawn die repeat . i see here a lot of realism , coordination , team effort end bs - sarcasm- you ppl who always use realism in describing stuff i would like to see u on a real war running to the enemy with a nade in your hand ! instead of just standing and defend in proper way and notion of defend your point.

at the last points of cap from street E and F on 1 side ( left side) u have a staircase where the enemy mg proudly sits his *** down to kill any1 coming around sand bags , on the right side u have a little opening with a ruined building where all the rifles + mg's trigger happy camp to kill any1 that enter that side . but this is to far away of our heads.

From the street to enter any1 of this areas u can have all the smoke in the world ppl tend to shot just threw it , modified files or not they do it , when i have only 1 little way to get on that either side i can have all the smoke in the world , smoke is no wall , it wont stop bullets. if i could have multiple ways to get there meaning from building to building not leting me go out in the open , or tunnels to each way not only on middle of street it would be different, or just make some walls there to be blown by engeniers .

the fact that ppl on 1 side want a realistic game , cry for every stuff like stamina , sway ,bullet drop and so on , but in essence they play this game on either team just to spam nades , run to the enemy die repeat makes me puke at their claim.

anyway 2 bad , game is realy nice , map is nice needs few more tweaks , players are players....

BTW a sick stupid little question . i remember when the game was announced they said they will make most objects ex- walls , houses , buildings , destroyable ?!?! where are thoes? if an engineer puts a satchel to a buidling wall i would like to see not just a hole in that wall but the thick wall just collapsing , same with nades on / in front of windows , the wooden frame to just be destroyed not to mention if u shoot with a tank to make a big hole in stuff. that would be lovely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
Univermag-B2 now available

download on the first post

changelog:

-added Mapzone textures
-added Countdown gametype
-set max draw radius of the brich-foliage to 2000uu
set the transition radiur to 1950uu
-added extended sewers from 1st german spawn to 1st obj and 2nd obj
- added extended sewers between 3rd obj and 4th/5th obj
-added extended sewers between 4th/5th obj to 6th obj
-added extended interior ruins in the 5-storey house (a part of the 4th obj)
- fixxed sverals invisible walls
-1st russian spawn is a temporary spawn after 35 sec the 2nd spawn will be activated
-added some fixxed MGs
-added more ambient sounds

Upvote 0
Found a spot in B cap where anyone can mistakenly get into easily and fall out the map.

Close up on the spot here in this screenshot...

Spoiler!

And a visual presentation of it in this video...

RO2 - Univermag (Beta 2) Out Of Map Glitch - YouTube

Nice addition with the sewers, adds more "rattenkrieg" to the map which already had a good amount. The sewers don't appear to be as generous as I feared them to be when I saw them the first time, but I only tested out the first two caps.

I also notice some optimization issues on the German side when starting. I normally get about 100-105 fps on average on almost every map, with an average low of about 85-90 fps. In the start of the map it dips into the low 60s/upper 50s, which might not be too bad in my case but for others with lower frame rate averages it might be a little annoying in the initial parts of the map.

Anything else, I'll post back here. Other then that, keep up the great work. I'm really enjoying this map.

Upvote 0
The tunnels got soil in them where you have placed broken roof parts for upperlevel access, at such a height you must crouch to run past it. Was this on purpose?
It can annoy and make it firgety when running in the tunnels if you dont know about it. I would reccomend making it possible to run upright at this parts. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0