• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Provkhoy beta

Just to chime in, I haven't been able to recreate the problems that you are experiencing on our in-house HLDS server. I could potentially get the server exposed to the outside and let it get loaded down more to see if we can get the problems reported.

While it's easy for the community to blame TWI for this problem, it's not so easy for us to recreate it. I am not saying it's not happening, just very difficult to recreate... moreover, impossible at this time.

Upvote 0
Just to chime in, I haven't been able to recreate the problems that you are experiencing on our in-house HLDS server. I could potentially get the server exposed to the outside and let it get loaded down more to see if we can get the problems reported.

While it's easy for the community to blame TWI for this problem, it's not so easy for us to recreate it. I am not saying it's not happening, just very difficult to recreate... moreover, impossible at this time.

Tested it again this am..... I was ALONE in the server..... 'Nades and Binocs only. :(

- Both maps - could it really be due to recent SDK build release?

The older customs run just fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try the servers without mutators and see if the problems still persist please. That can help us narrow down the issue (we do not run any mutators on our HLDS server).

We pulled the mutators off our one server and all custom maps run fine with no spawn issues.
The mutators have no issues with the stock maps on our other server.
Only the 2 customs Provkhoy & Coldsteel seem to have the spawn problems with no weapons where you spawn with nades or binos when the mutators are added to the server.

Upvote 0
Antilag (whitelisted) and the custom map Provkhoy B2 do not get along.
This is a correct diagnosis. The reason why is a bit of a mystery. It appears to be something related to the process in which non-standard packages are loaded. It doesn't look like it's the fault of either the map or the mutator individually, but when combined, they definitely do not like each other.

There is a workaround, but it's not a good one. If you restart the server directly into Provkhoy, then it will function properly....but every single stock map will be broken afterwards, until you restart into one of them instead.

It is not related to the inventory replication bug that hits squad leaders. This is an entirely different issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I added butovo and coldsteel into my main map cycle this morning and then added entries for those maps into the RODynamicMapRotation.ini.

As soon as I got on the server, I spawned only with a nade. Glad I saw this thread now.

Have just removed those custom maps from map cycle and the ini file, so hopefully this will have sorted that out, but it's a shame some people are having this issue with custom content.

Upvote 0
Thank you Mekhazzio
So basically there is nothing wrong with custom maps?
I don't think it's the map's fault, no. Clearly, there's something being done differently in Provkhoy, because Butovo doesn't have this problem (that's the weird part), but if I were to guess, you've probably just included some custom assets that somehow manages to bring up RO2's issues loading client-side content from mutator packages.

I've given TWI some more info on the problem, so hopefully they can enlighten us if it's something we're doing wrong.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's the map's fault, no. Clearly, there's something being done differently in Provkhoy, because Butovo doesn't have this problem (that's the weird part), but if I were to guess, you've probably just included some custom assets that somehow manages to bring up RO2's issues loading client-side content from mutator packages.

I've given TWI some more info on the problem, so hopefully they can enlighten us if it's something we're doing wrong.

Wrong!! That's because Butovo was cooked with older version of the sdk. So was Olgedow. Every other map released after that was with new patch. Because when I tested Arad2 on my server pre-patch, everything worked like a charm. But post-patch, and I've had noting but problems.

Now, I'm not saying its only the sdk at fault here, I could be server files, or just the way servers are set-up through hosts.

All I know I've tested my map over and over and over before the patch and never had these issues.

Just saying!! ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right, on the spawning with nade only issue, I noticed this evening even though my clan mates were spawning with other weapons ok, I was the only one of us that had extracted the mutators (antilag and maprotation) into my rogame\scripts folder.

So I nuked them, rejoined server, downloaded off redirect into cache and then I spawned ok with usual weapons.

Upvote 0
Right, on the spawning with nade only issue, I noticed this evening even though my clan mates were spawning with other weapons ok, I was the only one of us that had extracted the mutators (antilag and maprotation) into my rogame\scripts folder.

So I nuked them, rejoined server, downloaded off redirect into cache and then I spawned ok with usual weapons.

Antilag.u is supposed to go in the ROGame/CookedPC folder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK.....

I renamed and moved antilag.u & DynamicRotator.u from the "cache" folder and put them in the "cookedpc" folder on my client machine.....

'Nades and Binocs only... Grain Elevator - a stock map!

Deleted both from the "cookedpc' folder and logged back on the Server - the redirect shot them both back into the cache and all was fine again.

Now, where does that leave us?

Upvote 0
Bugger it - I was going based on what Ducky said that mutators go in cookedpc\scripts :p

Well actually they can be in the cookedpc or in the cookedpc\scripts. In both cases the result will be the same. The rational of putting them in cookedpc\scripts is that it doesn't contain stock RO2 .u files and the change of breaking something by overwriting a stock .u file is up to nil. If directly in cookedpc, then i could make a mutator with a .u that already exists. Game over if you extract it.

I also said this:
---SNIP---
One more comment. Most mutators actually don't do anything on the client, but UT want to have them on both client and server side. Placing those in ROGAmeCookedPC won't actually not harm at all, but some mutators do have client side code (like the AntiLag mutator). Those mutators will actually not work correctly if they are placed in the ROGame\CookedPC folder.
---SNIP---

Last edited:
Upvote 0