• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

BOH-rekrut

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
germany

Attachments

• butovo1.jpg
    butovo1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
  • butovo2.jpg
    butovo2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • butovo3.jpg
    butovo3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
  • butovo4.jpg
    butovo4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Butovo-B8.jpg
    Butovo-B8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just ran through the map a bit and it looks gorgeous. I really like the lightning. If you can't get the bots to live, you might want to take a look here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72721&page=7[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72721&page=7[/URL]. I think it is the same problem. Possible solution is on page 7 at the changelog (somewhere at the end). There are also some covernodes missing, but I think you already know that.
Keep it up, seems like a cool map to play on :)

Upvote 0
First impression: looks stunning, really like the green grass :)

First bugs: there are numerous places where you can only cover behind fences and walls but not climb them, and they are "climb-height". Do a scan of all the walls imo. There are also places where you can neither cover nor climb, for example the stone walls between objective C and E.

Some windows are coverable but not climbable, again in "climb-height".

Can't place MGs at those "uncoverable" places, a bit of a bummer.

The road at objective A has a large square of "light" on it.

The compass doesn't have north/south etc. on it.

Will run around a bit and post more as I find them. Looks great so far though :)

Upvote 0
Would love to host that map when you have the server side files ready.

The gradient reminds me of the DH map Targnon.
I remember having some great battles on that map.

As I could only run through it single player without enemy I could only roughly imagine where the main fighting points would be. Certainly some good elevated window points for the defending team. Noticed some tank barriers, did you intend to include an attaching tank ? maybe a small troop support tank not a main battle platform. Or maybe a halftrack, yeah that might be it.

Cant wait for you to get the server files and please keep me in the loop as i know the folk here in Australia are keen on new content and i am happy to deliver first run maps on the Aussie / NZ Ro2 server which i operate

Upvote 0
Nice map. I'm online with you now on the server.

Observations:

I think your terrain mesh is far more dense than it needs to be. You could reduce it to 25% of the verts you have and still appear the same.

You have the same problem I do with the Foliage grass appearing to grow and slide as you walk to it.

Feels very much like an RO2 map.

Middle window, north wall of church, covernode is off-center or something.

The woods are very nice but there's no reason to be in them. Maybe a couple of the objectives could be moved out (to take key road, or bridge crossing or something) to take advantage of all those polys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0