• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

For barracks there are the following files on the server:
- art_barracks.upk
- cd-barracks.upk
- props_barracks.upk
- snd_barracks.upk
- te-barracks.upk

The other maps have the same naming conventions for there files. It looks like we need to rename your .upk file into te-Ogledow_B1.upk. I will give that a try. But it might be that we need those other files too.

The other ones are just streamed levels; this map only has the one TE-Ogledow_B1.roe

As a test, can you move both files out of the server dir, then make a copy of GBS-Ogledow.upk and rename it to TE-Ogledow_B1.upk and put THAT in the maps folder. See if that will run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The other ones are just streamed levels; this map only has the one TE-Ogledow_B1.roe

As a test, can you move both files out of the server dir, then make a copy of GBS-Ogledow.upk and rename it to TE-Ogledow_B1.upk and put THAT in the maps folder. See if that will run.

Ok, I will give it a shot.

Between words. If I change to an other map, then there will be entries logged in the server log file about this action (like the map name), but if I change change map to ogledow. Then the server just crashes and no entry can be found n the server log file with the name "ogledow". This looks kikda odd to me.

Upvote 0
That is weird.

You try that renaming and see if it runs, and meanwhile I will get ready to move all the outside custom assets from GBS...upk into the TE-....roe map file, then Ill rebuild and recook it. If your test fails I will go ahead and redo it, then send to you to test before we give the map out to everyone.

I will try it. This renaming will also imply that we need to rename the files on client site. Right?

I need to wait 15 minutes before I can try it, because I deleted the .upk file by accident on the server site. I'm uploading it again.

Upvote 0
Ok, I will give it a shot.

Between words. If I change to an other map, then there will be entries logged in the server log file about this action (like the map name), but if I change change map to ogledow. Then the server just crashes and no entry can be found n the server log file with the name "ogledow". This looks kikda odd to me.

Here is a part of my server log where Ogledow is mentioned:

[0005.27] Log: Looking for DLC...
[0005.28] Log: Steamworks is unavailable
[0005.29] Log: LoadMap: TE-Ogledow_B1?Name=Player?Team=255?minplayers=10
[0005.32] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'TE-Ogledow_B1': Can't find file 'TE-Ogledow_B1'
[0012.32] Log: appRequestExit(0)
[0012.32] Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
[0015.12] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Upvote 0
I will try it. This renaming will also imply that we need to rename the files on client site. Right?

I need to wait 15 minutes before I can try it, because I deleted the .upk file by accident on the server site. I'm uploading it again.

I really have no idea. I am going to finish up a couple of small modifications then I will move all assets into the map file, then rebuild, recook, and reupload. When I have this ready I'll send you a link, we can test, and if it works I'll post the link in public.

Meanwhile you guys can try to get the current files to run.

Upvote 0
I really have no idea. I am going to finish up a couple of small modifications then I will move all assets into the map file, then rebuild, recook, and reupload. When I have this ready I'll send you a link, we can test, and if it works I'll post the link in public.

Meanwhile you guys can try to get the current files to run.

I renamed the files into te-ogledow.upk and te-ogledow.roe and placed them into the rogame\cookedpcserver folder of our server. I did the same with the files on my client site. Next I restarted the server and try to change the map with the command AdminChangeMap TE-Ogledow.

The result was the same :(

TWI, please give us a hint to the right direction.

Upvote 0

[0005.32] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'TE-Ogledow_B1': Can't find file 'TE-Ogledow_B1'
Fatal error!

In which log file do you find these entries? I'm looking in rogame\logs\gameservers.log and the backup files of the older logs, but nothing there.
Is there some setting in one of the ini files to manipulate the log level? (e.g. error, warning, debug, info)

Upvote 0

Fatal error!

Ok, if I try to change to a map that doesn't exist, then I get a logging like the above too. But if I change to the Ogledow map, then I will get a partly printed line at the end of the log and then nothing. It looks as if the writing the log line has been truncated because the server crashed before the remainder of the line could be written.

The .dmp files on the server would be the next source, but how to read them? They are all in binary format.

Upvote 0
ro2\rogame\logs\launch-backup
Full log:

Log: Log file open, 12/10/11 17:38:11
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Init: Version: 7258
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled (32-bit): Dec 7 2011 14:43:27
Init: Changelist: 641002
Init: Command line: SERVER TE-Ogledow_B1?minplayers=10 -seekfreeloadingserver
Init: Base directory: F:\RO2\Binaries\win32\
[0000.07] Init: Computer: BLACKDRAGON
[0000.07] Init: User: Administrator
[0000.07] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
[0000.07] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
[0000.07] Init: Memory total: Physical=3.7GB Pagefile=10.4GB Virtual=4.0GB
[0000.07] Log: STEAMWORKS initialized 0
[0000.07] Init: Presizing for 132448 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.08] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.08] Warning: Warning, Unknown language extension . Defaulting to INT
[0000.09] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0000.14] Log: PhysX GPU Support: ENABLED
[0000.16] DevPhysics: Error (206) in file ..\..\Core\Device\RegistryHardwareSelection.cpp, line 71: CUDA not available
[0003.75] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:RegisterLocalTalker
[0003.77] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ResetStats
[0003.86] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetNumberOfCurrentPlayers
[0003.95] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetCurrentVOIPLevel
[0004.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0004.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0004.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0004.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0004.99] Warning: Invalid movie stream data for TextureMovie ui_videos.german_sp_loop
[0004.99] Warning: Invalid movie stream data for TextureMovie ui_videos.LoadScreen_Community
[0004.99] Warning: Invalid movie stream data for TextureMovie ui_videos.MainMenu1
[0004.99] Warning: Invalid movie stream data for TextureMovie ui_videos.soviet_sp_loop
[0005.24] Log: 124515 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
[0005.24] Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
[0005.24] Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
[0005.24] Log: Initializing Game Engine...
[0005.24] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D EngineMaterials.RandomMirrorDisc': Failed to find object 'Texture2D EngineMaterials.RandomMirrorDisc'
Fatal error!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ro2\rogame\logs\launch-backup

Strange. We don't have a file like that on our server. In the rogame\logs folder are only these files:
- gameservers.log
- gameservers-backup-yyyy.mm.dd-hh.mm.ss.log
- unreal-v7258-yyyy.mm.dd-hh.mm.ss.dmp

Though, the messages you posted above are the same as in my gameservers-backup files. But no mention of the Ogledow map in my log files. Probably, because it seams as if the server crashes before it attempts to write to the log file.

I can open the .dmp files with visual studio, but useless without the source code :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ogledow_B2

Ogledow_B2

Okay -- I moved all custom assets into the main map file TE-Ogledow_B2.roe. Made a few adjustments to the map based on this morning's feedback (thanks everyone) and rebuilt it. It is now cooking, and I will post it when it is ready, then we can go for round two of the attempt to meet on this classic battlefield.

I will post the link here when it is ready.

Upvote 0
Okay -- I moved all custom assets into the main map file TE-Ogledow_B2.roe. Made a few adjustments to the map based on this morning's feedback (thanks everyone) and rebuilt it. It is now cooking, and I will post it when it is ready, then we can go for round two of the attempt to meet on this classic battlefield.

I will post the link here when it is ready.

Thank you Six Ten :)

I will just be around to give it a new try.

Upvote 0