• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE-Kobura

:)

We featured this on Crucible for Sunday's OGG event. It's a great map with interesting uniform details for the US. The only major issue I saw was problems with Japanese Bot pathing to the ruins objeective. They get hung up in the water near that hut. I had some success ordering them forward, but this is probably something to look at.

Upvote 0
Hi G_Sajer, thanks so much for running the map at your event. My power supply gave in on friday night so I haven't been able to get anything done and sadly missed this opportunity to play it with people!

I hope the event went well people got some good feedback, I'll check out the bot pathing and try get them to work out some additional routes across the river.

Once I've got my PC issues sorted I'll get back to work and try get something new out the door soon.

Thanks much

Upvote 0
Hello there

Thank you for putting the map up on the 40-1 server Mord, thats really nice of you. I also managed to play a round yesterday at the Crucible event and axis couldn't capture the first cap there too. The previous two rounds I've watched axis couldn't get past the ruins either so there is a lot of work for me to get done with regards to balance.

The axis advance on A is very exposed so I'll be added more concealment to break up the US lines of sight. I'm also going to increase the cap zone size slightly and perhaps push the US spawns a little farther back.

cat, I think I missed a few dodgy spawn points, should be fixed in the next version

There will also be cover nodes/mantle/MG deployment points in the next version in obvious places. Hopefully this will take away some of the frustration when trying to navigate, even I was getting annoyed having to walk around obstacles when playing it.

I'll also be working on the final foliage soon, most of the tree's and bushes in there currently were thrown in quickly

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your feedback

Upvote 0
Hello everyone

I'm releasing a new version of Kobura today which brings many changes from the first alpha release. I hope the map now plays better than previously as there were a huge amount of issues with it.

Main additions include :

- Thicker foliage
- Cover nodes (You can now mantle and deploy machine guns in many locations)
- Increased reinforcements
- Revised cap zones and spawn areas
- Completely remade the ruins, the tunnels have been extended
- Most place holder meshes replaced
- Waterfalls and streams added
- Ambient sounds added

What's to come :

- A final overhead map
- A more thorough covernode pass
- blocking volume pass
- Detailing of interiors
- Detailing of defensive locations
- Revised lighting and fog
- Further optimisation
- And whatever crops up in future playtesting

Some screenshots

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DOWNLOAD (Server file included)
Mirror 1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2OF4VBmcEbcVDhyR0Z3QUotN28/edit?usp=sharing

Mirror 2

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23767102/Kobura_A3.rar

Again I need to give a huge thank you to the great people over at The Wild Bunch clan, without these guys support, encouragement and willingness to host and test the map I wouldn't have got this far.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and criticism you guys may have, it would really help shape the map.

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Upvote 0