• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [wip] RSTE-Makin

Been a long while, I can say I've been very busy, and not just twiddling my thumbs.
I don't have any screenshots on hand, but Makin looks great as of now. Really only needs a final lighting pass on it at this point.
On a related note:

Weapons are 100% done aside from some slight tweaking and debugging.
UI for all the weapons are complete as well.
( These are only the completed weapons! )
Japanese Type-95 Ha Go Light Tank
lBZ7qXG.png

American Anti-Tank Weapon: M1A1 Bazooka
4bIUnCW.png

Japanese Anti-Tank Weapon: Lunge Mine

kpmsktn.png

American Carbine: M2 Carbine, 30. Cal
tuf6byx.png

Japanese Carbine: Type 38 Arisaka Carbine

FtuRnUG.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This map has been going on for a while, its been what now 3 years?
There's a few aesthetic issues (minor) that I need to address, but every-time I fix them I find more, and the cycle of perfectionism continues.
Bloodbath is hosting an RS event on Sunday with Makin being featured.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=878195650
390mb (HDD size)
Make sure to subscribe to everything. I had to divvy the map up into separate .roe's, and use level streaming due to the 200mb cap limit to the SWS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G_Sajer;n2290740 said:
Tried to adapt this map for Crucible. I subscribed to everything, but my crash logs are telling me there is a consistently missing component called package ART_Makin (As opposed to ART_02 ART_03 ART_04) which does not seem to be present among the parts. Any thoughts?

I'll take a look, if you can send me the log, that'd be great. You shouldn't be missing anything, it's my fault I thought I had cleaned up all the reference issues with the .upk. Send me the log file so I can narrow it down to what's being referenced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sent you a portion of the log file in messaging. The version I'm using was downloaded from SWS onto my client. I parceled it out to the server as I've done with many maps. But this one has a lot of pieces. I never found anything in the collection designated ART_Makin. I did get the file you sent me, and placed in "packages," but the problem remains. I've seen problems like this before, where something in the roe calls to a component that can't be located where expected. It's probably easily corrected. This map was supposedly tested on another server. Did it run ok there? I'll try removing it and reinstalling from sws. Perhaps there was a hiccough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I redid all downloads again and pulled in some stuff that didn't come in initially. I'm sure it's something I overlooked. The map loads and functions on Crucible as designed. The only thing I noticed was that the overhead map is not yet functioning, but I imagine you are still working on that. Thank you. All seems well at this time.

Upvote 0
G_Sajer;n2291256 said:
I was forced to remove "Makin" from Crucible for now. It contained one or more mutators that were not white-listed. Consequently, the server would lose it's ranked status. Beyond that, the map worked quite well. I hope the issue can be resolved at some point. I'll make it available again.

It should run without the mutator, however.

Upvote 0
G_Sajer;n2291346 said:
That's encouraging. I assume the mutators affect clothing, weapons and vehicles? In it's absence would these items be drawn from stock, and would anything go missing? Is RSPacificArmor.u the only item I need to exclude? C'mon, I don't want all your hard work to end up on the ash-heap.

Yeah, remove the RSPA assets, and the map will work fine.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I appreciate this, I have a fair bit of free time coming up next week. I'll fix up the problem you've told me. As well as a few aesthetic issues that have arisen. I have had a few complaints about how the lighting is "off" in a way. I believe I have an idea as to why. Also have noticed a few very minor issues with RSPA. Will work on that this weekend (or even tomorrow.) and get a fix out. Then I will talk to Yoshiro or someone at TWI about a white list.

Upvote 0