• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [wip] RSTE-Makin

At this point in time, I think I might try my hand at modelling and (maybe in the far future animating?). This thing right here is currently representing something... I'm aiming for an alpha on the anniversary of the raid (August 17th '42 0:00 hours :) ) which happened 74 years ago.
Which means stuff like this thing down below won't be happening soon unless I somehow learn modeling, Texturing and finish the Alpha.
Also Spoilers in the image link for what it is...
http://imgur.com/zaraWpF

Upvote 0
Well I've run into a problem with putting out an alpha, it seems the file size grew to 625 megabytes on a production build, and I didn't mess around with any actor's lighting properties. Turns out I have 430+ light/shadow/normal maps, which is absurd. Maybe it has to do with the 3 terrains? I don't know. I'll see what brewing does... and then to properly test FPS again.

Upvote 0
Alpha Testing, mainly me running around capping points and exploring the map. It's set at a lower resolution than what I normally play at to speed up uploading (decrease in filesize). This is an older version, most of the visible errors have been fixed, but this is the most recent one that has lighting built for it.
Objective B (Ochong's Warf) has been heavily optimized with draw calls, to the point where I was consistently at 62fps which is the max framerate for the game. I hope to get the fps to that level consistently throughout the map on a beta release. Alpha release mainly for QA/balance fixes will be released in about 1.5-2 weeks from now. The quality isn't amazing (it's pretty bad! :D ), I blame that on my capture program.
It's broken into three parts (I didn't realize it was until I started to upload, my bad).
It's terrible quality so don't go grab a mob and chase me across town with torches and pitchforks... (do that to OBS, please).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIxL4QzJ0o&list=PLZhqej7RiDf--lVmwaoTnOU15RA4CQJya&index=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll be doing a Pre-Alpha public build hopefully by Monday, (because a few people have been getting on my *** about releasing this. You know you are, The other guy with same initials...) which means not all details (mainly just interiors.) will be done. Been busy the past two days and actually haven't had time to even boot up my computer until now. The build will be using AMG's Tank Code for now, I really do want these two tanks to get fully working interiors but at the moment only one has a placeholder/incomplete interior. Shout out to any Animators/Modelers, anyone up for a tank interior? Multiplayer matches will be unranked and probably will be for the entire damn rest of this game's life considering I finished a mutator in June, and have been in the process of whitelisting since then *cough*TWI look at it already*cough*.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now that I have some free time the coming few days I should be able to bust my butt and ship out a pre alpha of this map. Mind you I said Pre-Alpha for a reason, some stuff still needs meshes, same goes for a few interiors. As wells as the HaGo. At this point because I do not have access to modelers or animators, I going to have to focus my attention on my prototype messaging system. Means tanks sans interiors.

Upvote 0
Did a Demo test last Sunday Courtesy of BloodBath, mainly for QA. I've fleshed out the level even more so since then, and will release and alpha in about a week. College starts this coming week, for me, so I do not know if I'll have as much time in the following month. Probably less than 20-35 hours of work left, until a Beta release.

Upvote 0