• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Proc Building wierdness

11_HARLEY_11

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Does anyone know why the proc building looks like this in game? Looks like it has double geometry (a cube over the top of the wall meshes - roof seems ok)
It does this when copied direct from a TW map and also when made from scratch using a proc volume and plugging in the TW rule set.

ProcBuilding-problem.jpg

Ok, this is a weird one but we've got a solution for it. When you do a rebuild of any map using a ProcBuilding (procedural buildings) AND sublevels, the editor will auto generate a LOD sublevel for the ProcBuildings. We've investigated for the usefulness of the LOD sublevel and can't find one that is really compelling so we just delete them then resave the persistent. I suggest you do the same.

Upvote 0
The LOD sublevel will be found in the level browser in the same grouping as the content browser. Just select the LOD sublevel then go up to Level -> Remove from World. Just make certain that the persistent is selected as current. You may have to save the map, close the editor, then reopen the editor and map to see the changes.

Swag here's a screen shot of my levels tab. I can't seem to work out how to see the lod sublevel in order to select and remove it. Should there be another line with the lod in it?

proc_Levels.jpg

Upvote 0
Hmm, that falls outside the guidelines of how I've ever seen that occur. I will test it locally for reproduction and solution. Get back to you shortly.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDIT:

Yep, got it to screw up too. Sorry for the confusion and misdirection on that one, dude. Clearly a problem of a different sort. More information coming as I get it...

UPDATE:

Ok, found a simply workaround to until we can sort out exactly what is happening.

1) Select all the ProcBuilding volumes
2) Move them to a sublevel (Level Browser -> New Level From Selected Actors)
3) Call the sublevel whatever you would like to call it
4) Streaming Method = ALWAYS LOADED

Once the new level is created you should see another sublevel with LOD tagged onto the end of its name, you need to remove it from the world.

5) Select the LOD Sublevel (it doesn't have to be current)
6) Remove it from the world (Level -> Remove Level from World)

You should see immediate results in that the LOD mess goes away.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

I guess the take away from this is that ProcBuildings must be in a sublevel for teh time being.

Upvote 0