• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Custom Campaigns?

Is it possible to make a custom campaign map, and say have a collection of custom maps set up to play through without too much difficulty? Is that more of a server setting?

Yes, (not 100% sure but it should be doable) if I had the time (which I might) I could probably whip one up fairly easily.

Upvote 0
:)

Yes. The maps furnished in the server for campaigns can be carefully selected and arranged in I believe the ROGame.ini file. They can consist of virtually any map, including or exclusive to customs. And they can be associated with campaign areas in a specific order. The server admin has quite a bit of control over how this can be laid out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I'd love to see is that you need to win more maps to capture a territory.
Like in order to capture Peleliu you need to successfully win White Beach Landing and Peleliu Airfield.
Secondly playing maps in reverse, meaning on Iwo Jima you push the Yanks downhill to the beaches. Currently you assume the US attacker role if Japanese attack Iwo Jima.

Upvote 0
I think the OP meant a custom made map board.
I have had a poke around the server files and have noted the map image files including all the pieces so I reckon it would be possible to put a brand new campaign map together.

I would like to see one that could include both RS and RO2 maps. So more of a global map.

Yes G_Sajer it is very easy to move the maps around in the existing two campaign maps. You can put whatever maps you like to whatever section. Even mix up RO2 and RS maps. I did it once on the Aussie / NZ server and everybody lost their **** so I didnt do it again.

Upvote 0
Yeah the map board is what I meant, and I hadn't thought about that global idea but that actually sounds really cool! I was more thinking it could be used to do some sort of WW1 themed trench map campaign, where you win if you reach the last line through any route, or perhaps just making a much more broken up map of stalingrad or russia where each map has its own plate, rather than multiple maps on a plate, so that there could be more strategy involved in the choices. It would certainly be cool if someone compiled all the customs together into a larger campaign then present though!

Upvote 0