• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP] TE-Sternommac

i8pptu

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2011
*non-important info
Spoiler!

So I have decided to upload to the workshop to get some feedback from the community. A lot of things are not in place but you should be able to play through the map.

(Steam Workshop)
Here is the map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ext=sternommac
(separate Dropbox link)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9me288zjwif1qpk/Sternommac_a5.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Here are some screens, there is a looong way to go lol (atleast in my head). So many possibilities of different things to do.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
:cool:

I'm going to run Sternommac alone about 1pm US CST for a period of time to give the author a chance for evaluation. I invite as many as possible to jump in and give it a good shot. Sometime later I will add a few other new ones along side it for the duration of the afternoon.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

We put this one thru the wringer this afternoon.
Some random observations were:

The Germans seem to be at the mercy of scoped weapons approaching A.

Wouldn't it be great to see a few tanks on each side.

One of the most convincing "village on the steppe" layouts I've seen.

We need to get that map tool working. :D

Stay tuned...

Upvote 0
Comments from custom map enthusiast from "another" forum in case you haven't seen it... for first version I believe.

OK, Tested and has a good layout although somewhat familiar to a time in RO, long ago. Will make a great sniper and rifle map.

Recommendations;

Needs Transports & More Cover
Needs more Sniper Rifles
Trenches should be ZIG ZAG not straight lines (ala ww1) straight line trenches are flanking deadly
Troops should be able to mantle out at more than just the entrances to trenches
Rug textures missing in the church
Cap Zones need detailing
A few destructibles wouldn't hurt
Overhead map needs finish
Compass not showing, placeholder is but no compass
Underground trench/bunker shows chimney but no stove in the trench/bunker
Houses should be open and furnished

Overall the map is a good sized map making for a great match... small hamlet - big battle... always good for some real fun.

Continue on, its lookin' good and ...you're on the right track.

Upvote 0
:)

One more thing I'd like to add is that experienced clan members mentioned that they liked the wide flanks. If the attacker gets bogged down going forward, that should provide a way to break the impasse.

When deciding on what changes to make, keep balance in mind, don't go crazy in any direction. And remember to temper our suggestions with your own instincts. I really like the appearance and feel of this map. I think it has good potential.

Upvote 0
Hey Sajer, I can not thank you enough for helping me with this. I will add those to my to-do list.

:) You're quite welcome. TWI has encouraged me to run with and help with the development of even alpha maps so long is they are essentially complete enough to run to satisfactory conclusion for either side. You're there.

I'm now running reduced map lists on weekends during the afternoons. This will afford folks in the US and the UK to try out and enjoy newer or updated projects like yours.

Best wishes.

Upvote 0